Pics of the Pearl Resort

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Pics of the Pearl Resort

Postby jandr2u » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:21 am

Hey, don't let this spoil your thoughts of the resort. Yes, you came off a bit "trolly" (you can google what a troll is) and we questioned your motives. (Some of us anyway)

To me, your posts just seemed a bit "off". Asking a lot of questions and fishing for details that most folks, at least in my limited experience, are a bit more sensitive in asking.

No biggie. You'll have a great time. It's not an all-out naked f-fest. It's just a bunch of great people in various stages of undress doing various stages of sexy stuff.
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/15-22 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
jandr2u
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Mrandmrst » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:48 am

I'm going to go out on a limb and express my opinion that Frosty82 is legit and sincere.

I've been following this thread and others where people have questioned her legitimacy because I, too, found her questions suspicious. It got me wondering, what is about her questions that set off the BS alarms for so many of us. Here's my theory:

When I first discovered that places like Desire existed, I was totally shocked. I was raised in a religious family that encouraged the repression of sexuality. To find out that adults behaved this way openly and unashamedly was a revelation. For a 50ish year old man with the sexual curiosity of a 15 year old, it was intensely interesting and exciting, and the impetus to explore this newly discovered universe was irresistable. Fortunately the intensity of this interest abated over that first wild year of discovery. I suspect my story is not uncommon.

My hunch is that Frosty82 is in the same stage of discovery. Her questions come across as over-eager because she is in the throes of discovery - call it an awakening if you will. Some of my early questions on this forum were similarly naive and awkward.

Now, many of us have dual lives. In one life we are respectable members of society who lie to friends, family, and co-workers about where we go every year on vacation. In the other life we are open, fun-loving, sexually free citizens of Desireland. Most of us are very careful to keep these worlds separate to the point where we've developed hair-trigger responses to anything that might threaten our privacy either directly or indirectly. While Frosty82s questions were in no way threatening, I do think they triggered the same detector we use to protect our privacy and that's why her posts seemed fishy.

Again, this is just one dudes opinion. I know I'm not well known around here - I mostly lurk nowadays. But I've been on the forum for several years and, in my early days, posted a fair amount.

I, for one, am going to give Frosty82 the benefit of the doubt and believe that she's a real person asking sincere questions. Hopefully we didn't scare her off and she'll continue to engage in this forum, and we'll all enjoy witnessing her evolution as a welcome new member of this special community.
Mrandmrst
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 08 Dec 2022

Postby RJOC » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:02 pm

:L :L :L
Mrandmrst wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and express my opinion that Frosty82 is legit and sincere.

I've been following this thread and others where people have questioned her legitimacy because I, too, found her questions suspicious. It got me wondering, what is about her questions that set off the BS alarms for so many of us. Here's my theory:

When I first discovered that places like Desire existed, I was totally shocked. I was raised in a religious family that encouraged the repression of sexuality. To find out that adults behaved this way openly and unashamedly was a revelation. For a 50ish year old man with the sexual curiosity of a 15 year old, it was intensely interesting and exciting, and the impetus to explore this newly discovered universe was irresistable. Fortunately the intensity of this interest abated over that first wild year of discovery. I suspect my story is not uncommon.

My hunch is that Frosty82 is in the same stage of discovery. Her questions come across as over-eager because she is in the throes of discovery - call it an awakening if you will. Some of my early questions on this forum were similarly naive and awkward.

Now, many of us have dual lives. In one life we are respectable members of society who lie to friends, family, and co-workers about where we go every year on vacation. In the other life we are open, fun-loving, sexually free citizens of Desireland. Most of us are very careful to keep these worlds separate to the point where we've developed hair-trigger responses to anything that might threaten our privacy either directly or indirectly. While Frosty82s questions were in no way threatening, I do think they triggered the same detector we use to protect our privacy and that's why her posts seemed fishy.

Again, this is just one dudes opinion. I know I'm not well known around here - I mostly lurk nowadays. But I've been on the forum for several years and, in my early days, posted a fair amount.

I, for one, am going to give Frosty82 the benefit of the doubt and believe that she's a real person asking sincere questions. Hopefully we didn't scare her off and she'll continue to engage in this forum, and we'll all enjoy witnessing her evolution as a welcome new member of this special community.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby jandr2u » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:54 pm

Nicely said Mrandmrst. I'll hold off on my judgement a bit. Still suspicious, but don't want to scare anyone off who's truly as you describe. :)
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/15-22 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
jandr2u
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby tomandlacey » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:16 pm

Mrandmrst wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and express my opinion that Frosty82 is legit and sincere.

I find a lot of what is said there really really fascinating.

The dual lives part in particular... We all do it... and coming from conservative roots it's often important that we keep parts of our lives really private. I actually watch people's location with great interest with many more posters seem to be coming from more conservative areas than the classically "liberal" areas...

Definitely not trying to open a political discussion, but coming from Australia but having spent considerable time in the USA, how important is it for people to maintain that classic facade at home?

My wife and I are really different like that... I am a total open book when it comes to sexuality but she is more reserved (she says prude, but she is far from it) around others... but we are certainly coming up with a cover story about why we are flying 16 hours from Sydney to Houston, just to stay one night, then fly to Cancun when Bali and Thailand are only 4 and 8 hours away!!!

"You can get a great villa in Thailand for a quarter of the price you're paying to go to Cancun" says lots of friends and family... I really want to say "Yes, I could, but I can't run around nude and shag the wife in public without ending up in a Thai jail or at the very least booted out the resort!!!".
tomandlacey
Desire Convert

We are from: Australia
We arrive on: 16 Dec 2019

Postby SecretSmileToday » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:26 pm

tomandlacey wrote:

When I first discovered that places like Desire existed, I was totally shocked. I was raised in a religious family that encouraged the repression of sexuality. To find out that adults behaved this way openly and unashamedly was a revelation. For a 50ish year old man with the sexual curiosity of a 15 year old, it was intensely interesting and exciting, and the impetus to explore this newly discovered universe was irresistable. Fortunately the intensity of this interest abated over that first wild year of discovery. I suspekct my story is not uncommon.

The dual lives part in particular... We all do it... and coming from conservative roots it's often important that we keep parts of our lives really private. I actually watch people's location with great interest with many more posters seem to be coming from more conservative areas than the classically "liberal" areas...

Definitely not trying to open a political discussion, but coming from Australia but having spent considerable time in the USA, how important is it for people to maintain that classic facade at home?

I (Mr. SecretSmileToday) am definitely seeing Mrandmrst’s way of looking at this, and have really enjoyed reading Frosty82’s more recent posts.

As to tomandlacey’s question, we’re “out” to most of our closest vanilla friends but definitely not our families. We’ve definitely seen couples get very, very tense around the idea (or experience) of outing. Depending on your community/ family/ workplace/ church/ ... it can be a real problem.

I’m curious what thoughts or experiences others have had.
Pearl 12/22
Pearl 3/21
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 6/18
SecretSmileToday on Kasidie and sls
SecretSmileToday
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 18 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Southern Cross » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:11 am

SecretSmileToday wrote:
tomandlacey wrote:

When I first discovered that places like Desire existed, I was totally shocked. I was raised in a religious family that encouraged the repression of sexuality. To find out that adults behaved this way openly and unashamedly was a revelation. For a 50ish year old man with the sexual curiosity of a 15 year old, it was intensely interesting and exciting, and the impetus to explore this newly discovered universe was irresistable. Fortunately the intensity of this interest abated over that first wild year of discovery. I suspekct my story is not uncommon.

I (Mr. SecretSmileToday) am definitely seeing Mrandmrst’s way of looking at this, and have really enjoyed reading Frosty82’s more recent posts.

As to tomandlacey’s question, we’re “out” to most of our closest vanilla friends but definitely not our families. We’ve definitely seen couples get very, very tense around the idea (or experience) of outing. Depending on your community/ family/ workplace/ church/ ... it can be a real problem.

We understand both lines of thought. We initially were very careful with at least 2 cover stories but we have become much more at ease with the fact that its unlikely we will meet someone in Desire that we know - Australia is a long way away.

That said, we have vanilla friends that are suspicious and wonder the same as TomandLacey said - why travel so far when Asia is much closer and cheaper. We just laugh it off and no one has challenged it yet

We both have jobs that would possibly be impacted if it got out so we use a lot of discretion at home
Desire Pearl Addict
Dec 19
Sep 18
Sep 17*2
Sep 16
Sep 15

KIK = usanddesire69
Southern Cross
Desire Lover

We are from: Australia
We arrive on: 30 Sep 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Adult Match Maker

Postby TandD » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:04 am

Look at you - coming out of the woodwork and going all psychoanalyst on us! Well said!!

This will be interesting conversation at dinner and trivia next month - see you then!

And to the other question around dual lives - yes, we keep our trips to Desire private from our family. We get together every couple of months with Mrandmrst for dinner but nobody else knows and we prefer to keep it that way.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby RJOC » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:52 am

SecretSmileToday wrote:

We have come out to our close friends and some of my family (male speaking), but my wife does not share with her family - however she has been the one to spill the beans to our friends.

Not quite a dual life - just hiding a bit from some family members.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby T12 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:39 pm

Very insightful! I think you’re right on.
Pearl
MAR. ‘19
JUL ‘19
JAN ‘20
JUL ‘21
JUL ‘22
JUL. ‘23
MAR . ‘24
T12
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 05 Mar 2024

Postby fordescort » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:05 am

Well, Mrs F, you say you were there 1st Feb. How did you find the experience ? Love to hear how you got on ...
fordescort
Desire Convert

We are from: UK
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby ksr » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Picking up on the chances of never meeting someone you know at the resort......We did a onetime 4-day trip to Hidden Beach (Pearl devotes) to try something new. First day, first couple we swim up to are from our little town in Ga. I mean, what are the odds of that!
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Postby werfun » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:36 pm

Are you talking about the couple that go to church for every meeting and go and look down their nose at a off color joke. We use to know a lot of people like that from our former church as well as the small town that I grew up in outside Chicago. It's a case of "DO WHAT I SAY NOT WHAT I DO'. We find it funny how these same people won't look you in the eye the next time they see you. At a party that we went to one couple wanted to soft swing and when my wife saw the women a couple of weeks later in down town and said HI the women looked at her and said 'Do I now you". We walked away shaking our heads. Hope he couple at Hidden Beach at est said hello and had a drink with you.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby ksr » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:59 pm

werfun wrote:Are you talking about the couple that go to church for every meeting and go and look down their nose at a off color joke. We use to know a lot of people like that from our former church as well as the small town that I grew up in outside Chicago. It's a case of "DO WHAT I SAY NOT WHAT I DO'. We find it funny how these same people won't look you in the eye the next time they see you. At a party that we went to one couple wanted to soft swing and when my wife saw the women a couple of weeks later in down town and said HI the women looked at her and said 'Do I now you". We walked away shaking our heads. Hope he couple at Hidden Beach at est said hello and had a drink with you.

Yea, they were fun. We ended spending time with them. Crazy coincidence. :US
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Previous