Evening Themes - Are people going all in on them?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Evening Themes - Are people going all in on them?

Postby RobandHarper » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:20 pm

When we went to Pearl 2 years ago, the theme nights were pretty easy to pull off with stuff we already had. This time around, it seems like I've got to buy something for four of the six nights we'll be there. Are people participating or just dressing up nice?
Rob and Harper
KIK: RobandHarper
SLS: HarpLitt
RobandHarper
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
Swing Site(s) we belong to: HarpLitt on SLS

Re: Evening Themes - Are people going all in on them?

Postby mikeinnj » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:00 pm

She will dress for most (at least we will bring stuff for most -sometimes plans change), he will for some, and for a couple of them we probably won’t as we found nothing for them so far.

Mike
Kik: mikeinnj1
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby RobandHarper » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:12 pm

Thanks, Mike. We were able to go all in last trip, but we learned that going to a great expense for such a small amount of time actually dressing in costume was just not worth it.
Rob and Harper
KIK: RobandHarper
SLS: HarpLitt
RobandHarper
Desire Fan

Swing Site(s) we belong to: HarpLitt on SLS

Postby SamAndRose » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:23 pm

RobandHarper wrote:When we went to Pearl 2 years ago, the theme nights were pretty easy to pull off with stuff we already had. This time around, it seems like I've got to buy something for four of the six nights we'll be there. Are people participating or just dressing up nice?

We both try and go all in for every night. We are just lucky that we always travel in the summer so we have a lot of time to plan around the theme nights. Although last year they changed one night on July 1st and we had to scramble a bit - my white night suit became a Boss Hogg outfit for the redneck theme. Rose still looked hot in her Daisy Dukes, but we decided not to pack cowboy boots - too heavy and hot to wear down there. :)

S.
Sam & Rose
She's hot. He's... funny

H2 - 02/12, 07/14,
DP - 05/13, 07/17, 07/18, 08/22, 08/24
DRM - we're virgins!
SamAndRose
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 02 Aug 2024

Postby TandD » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:45 am

RobandHarper wrote:Thanks, Mike. We were able to go all in last trip, but we learned that going to a great expense for such a small amount of time actually dressing in costume was just not worth it.

Same here. It's a lot of effort, it takes up valuable space in carryons, it's over pretty quickly, it's hard for the guys anyway, and she's just as sexy in a mini-dress hiked up to her crotch as she is in a theme outfit.

Hat's off to those who go all in and we enjoy seeing all the outfits though so I'm not trying to convince anyone else to *not* dress in theme.

[Uh oh, now we are like the people who don't get naked at the pool - we get to enjoy theme outfits without "paying for the privilege" - oops :D ]
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby SashaandDavid » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:05 am

We went to RM in March for our first visit and both tried to dress to the theme. As several have mentioned it was mainly uncomfortable and we weren’t in costume long. I applaud those who go all out.

We went back in August and she focused on sexy, simple and we enjoyed the time much more. That said, that’s us. So what feels best and enjoy.
Lifestyle couple for 7 years.
RM- 3/2019
RM- 8/2019
SashaandDavid
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Aug 2019

Postby jandr2u » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:21 pm

We went pretty much all out when we went our first time. Will probably go all out when we go back our second time. It's a lot of fun. I'd say about half the ladies dressed for it and about 10-15% of the guys. As a guy, it was really out of my comfort zone to do it, but I was rewarded for my efforts. :) We did spend a lot of $ and it was a hassle to pack and lug it all there, but still worth it to me.
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/15-22 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
jandr2u
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Goldfinger5 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:57 pm

We personally don’t pay attention to the themes. Rather, the fun of Pearl for me is ordering sexy dresses throughout the year that are bold, see thru, very sexy...ones that my wife would never wear anywhere else but at Pearl. Whatever the theme is does not matter. I dress her for me that night. And it works!
Goldfinger5
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2017

Postby TandD » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:59 am

Goldfinger5 wrote:We personally don’t pay attention to the themes. Rather, the fun of Pearl for me is ordering sexy dresses throughout the year that are bold, see thru, very sexy...ones that my wife would never wear anywhere else but at Pearl. Whatever the theme is does not matter. I dress her for me that night. And it works!

Yup!
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Pebbles&BamBam » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:03 am

Goldfinger5 wrote:We personally don’t pay attention to the themes. Rather, the fun of Pearl for me is ordering sexy dresses throughout the year that are bold, see thru, very sexy...ones that my wife would never wear anywhere else but at Pearl. Whatever the theme is does not matter. I dress her for me that night. And it works!

We do both! Sexy dresses and go all out on the theme nights. Unfortunately, we can't even get close to getting it all in a carryon like TandD so we just fill up some checked bags tons of stuff...mostly shoes.

We have a blast planning the costumes. Looking forward to the Gods and Goddesses night this year. That's a new one for us.
Pebbles&BamBam
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 02 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby B&T1998 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:03 pm

I'm planning on bringing sexy dresses for dinner and then wearing those to the theme nights. I dont have enough room in my carry on for both.
B&T1998

We arrive on: 10- 0-2019

Postby thegr8dane » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:27 pm

We are in the "go all out" club too. We take a couple of nights off, but on most nights, we are in costumes. It does take a lot of planning (and some expense), but it's also a great way to start the trip early. We start costume planning / shopping 2-3 months in advance. Oh - and I buy lots of sexy dresses for Mrs. Roberts too - she wears those to dinner, which is always an amazing feast for my eyes. After dinner, we spend a couple of hours getting costume ready (some take more time than others). De-costuming after the partying can be great fun too!

I couldn't imagine a trip without the costumes. It's a chance to be creative and even more daring than with the dresses (and yes, I dress in costume as well). As for packing, we bring one giant suitcase with all of the costume stuff and then a couple of smaller bags for the rest of our stuff.

Like everything else at Desire - do what feels good and right for you. But if you have ever dreamt of dressing up, this is definitely the place to do it. We started out with simpler costumes and have grown more advanced and daring over the years. I encourage everyone to give it a try. Pick a couple of nights and go all in!
Cheers!

Mr. and Mrs. Roberts
thegr8dane
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 19 Apr 2020

Postby jds » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:34 pm

We both dress for Theme night every night now. We used to skip Latin night but as you can see from our pic we like that night as well.
By the way that is all that is worn for Latin night. No top No panties just heels and the Red skirt.
KIK: jes1forfun
SDC: jande204
jds
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

Postby beachnbaja » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:49 pm

Quick question about this....

We are planning to dress up in costume on some of the nights. For a couple of them, it seems to make sense to wear the theme to dinner and afterwards. Do any of you do that?

It seems it would save luggage space as opposed to packing two outfits for every night. Obviously a couple of them we wouldn't (Masters, etc) but for Desireland and Red Carpet it just seems to make sense.

Can anyone help us with that?
beachnbaja
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 23 Jul 2021

Postby mikeinnj » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Some weat theme outfits to dinner, most don’t. Do what makes you happy, no one will care

Mike
Kik: mikeinnj1
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl