:US
deeppurple
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 17 Feb 2022

Re: What actually does a butler do for you

Postby TandD » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:00 am

There's no way this doesn't come off sounding harsh but I just want to point out that there are 19 pages of search results for the word "butler". I would suggest that you browse those and then come back with specific questions for what was unanswered.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby SecretSmileToday » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:26 am

TandD wrote:There's no way this doesn't come off sounding harsh but I just want to point out that there are 19 pages of search results for the word "butler". I would suggest that you browse those and then come back with specific questions for what was unanswered.

TandD thanks for the hint. I literally had not processed that there’s a search box on every page.

deeppurple, a cursory search suggests that butlers do the same thing for penthouse guests as for the other categories. We’ve had Gerry as a butler twice (always two butlers on at Pearl, each takes half the resort). Gerry set up reservations and room service for us, gave us good honest information/advice when we asked our newbie questions, but honestly it’s not very hard to make your own reservations or request room service, so we didn’t take him up on many offers to help. He did check in regularly though, on both visits. I’d be curious what your experience is like (we haven’t tried a penthouse, at least so far).

Mr SecretSmileToday
Pearl 12/22
Pearl 3/21
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 6/18
SecretSmileToday on Kasidie and sls
SecretSmileToday
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 18 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby deeppurple » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:48 pm

TandD wrote:There's no way this doesn't come off sounding harsh but I just want to point out that there are 19 pages of search results for the word "butler". I would suggest that you browse those and then come back with specific questions for what was unanswered.

Sorry I asked the question.
deeppurple
Desire Lover

Postby deeppurple » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:48 pm

SecretSmileToday wrote:

TandD thanks for the hint. I literally had not processed that there’s a search box on every page.

deeppurple, a cursory search suggests that butlers do the same thing for penthouse guests as for the other categories. We’ve had Gerry as a butler twice (always two butlers on at Pearl, each takes half the resort). Gerry set up reservations and room service for us, gave us good honest information/advice when we asked our newbie questions, but honestly it’s not very hard to make your own reservations or request room service, so we didn’t take him up on many offers to help. He did check in regularly though, on both visits. I’d be curious what your experience is like (we haven’t tried a penthouse, at least so far).

Mr SecretSmileToday

Thank u
deeppurple
Desire Lover

Postby av80r » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:27 am

deeppurple wrote:

Sorry I asked the question.

Dont be sorry at all. This is supposed to be a welcoming forum and newbies are not always pros at navigating online forums, archives etc. Funny to me that the ones that are the first to strike back with a 'dont waste our time its all online go look it up yourself' comments are the same ones on every single day chiming in on all posts but quick to snap you are wasting their time?? They are on every day to be the current expert but how dare you waste 1 minute of their time?

Not everyone is a big forum poster or puter person. Everything has been posted before sure, everything is in the archives if you go looking but don't be hesitant to post questions ever, that is the point of this forum and some of us don't think telling you to go look it up and don't waste our time is kind of odd. Even goofy or repetitive questions get a dialogue going and you may make new friends, get other tips and the most current input.
Enjoy your trip. Great place, great people.
av80r
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 02 Oct 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:39 pm

Some high sensitivity going on here. No one said anything about wasting anyone's time, that's all just bad inference and faulty conclusion. And TandD has to be the most helpful person on this board in my estimation, always trying to help others.

Pointing out that there is a search feature, not sure how that is a bad thing, there might actually be some prior posts of great value there. New folks to the forum may not realize such a feature exists so pointing this out actually provides a helpful service. Would it have been better for TandD to consolidate many pages of results into a presentation and post the results here in this thread? I think that's asking a bit much. Or maybe he should just have said nothing? That's even less helpful.

A response of "Hey, there are lots of topics on this, check those out and if you have any more questions lemme know" is completely valid and is pretty clear to me is what the words of the post conveyed.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby TandD » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:38 am

Thanks for springing to my defense Explorer! That's very nice of you to say and I feel very much the same about your contributions - always well thought out and well spoken. Would love to have a chat IRL with you someday.

(sigh)

I knew my response would be taken badly by someone. I always struggle with how to "delicately" point out how someone can help themselves and how much effort I should put into sugar-coating it.

I usually try to match the effort of my response by the apparent effort put into the original question. If it's an 8 word question, I conclude that the poster didn't put even a minimum of research or thought into it and just wants to be spoon-fed the info. In that case, they get my terse answer.

I look at it as "taking one for the team". I'll sacrifice my standing in the OPs (and apparently some others too...) eyes for the good of the forum so that next time, somebody might remember my suggestion and do a little mental check before posting - ("Should I search for this first?").

I *do* enjoy participating in these forums and if I come off as some sort of know-it-all because of it, that is certainly not my intent nor how I see myself.
TandD
Desire Legend

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:23 am

Come to RM in a few weeks and I'll buy you a drink. :mrgreen:
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby TandD » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:10 am

Explorer79 wrote:Come to RM in a few weeks and I'll buy you a drink. :mrgreen:

"Hey Babe, what are we doing on October 17?

Wanna go to Mexico for a drink?"
TandD
Desire Legend

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:02 am

See how easy this is! If only...
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby Azman1122 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:26 pm

They answer the door take your guests clothes and seat them in the library, in the comfy chairs with a cocktail until you are ready for them...
Azman1122

We arrive on: 29 Sep 1913

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl