Ping Pong Balls in the Pearl Jacuzzi; Oh My!?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Ping Pong Balls in the Pearl Jacuzzi; Oh My!?

Postby sun30265 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Last year at Pearl, a couple threw a bunch of colored ping pong balls in the Jacuzzi in the late afternoon. Each ball had some "suggestion' written on it with a sharpie...kiss this/touch/briefly massage or hold that/hug a stranger, etc. We were talking with a two other couples at the time and had fun picking up the balls and acting on some of them; then throwing them around the jacuzzi for others to read/act out if they chose. Seemed to be a great icebreaker for some. A lot of people seemed to get into it; others not so much. After a while, the couple rounded up all the balls and things went back to "normal."

So...we're thinking of bringing a set of said balls to Pearl in December; but realizing this is something that just happens with all those in the jacuzzi w/out coordinating or communicating with/to them, we thought it wise to solicit the wise wisdom of the forum prior to our trip.

Specifically: have you had the "ping pong ball" experience at Pearl and if so, what was your experience/take?
If you are PPB inexperienced, what do you think of the idea?
Any input/suggestion on what to write/not write on the balls (the ping pong balls!) if we decide to do it?

Thank you in advance for your insightful thoughts and guidance!
sun30265
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Sep 2020

Re: Ping Pong Balls in the Pearl Jacuzzi; Oh My!?

Postby TandD » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:30 am

We know a couple that brings these and we've had several "sessions with balls" - so to speak.

Like a lot of things, it really depends on the crowd. To me, it feels like if the atmosphere is getting kind of racy, picking up a ball and doing what it says might get things going a little sooner/easier but it probably would have happened anyway. On the other hand, the balls are unlikely to make something happen that wasn't going to in the first place.

There have been a few times where we've helped round up the balls for the couple who brought them and it was like "Well, *that* didn't work." Other times, they don't get collected until everyone's gone from the tub.

All that to say, go ahead and bring them - they can be fun - but don't be upset if they bomb.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Darin & Melissa » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:37 pm

It’s a pretty common thing. We’ve been 8 times and don’t think we’ve had a trip where someone didn’t bring them. Just depends on the group in the jacuzzi as to whether it turns fun or just a dud.

Another successful way to get things going is getting a wife or two on the bar for body shots!
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby SecretSmileToday » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:43 pm

This sounds like a ton of fun! On our first trip to the Pearl jacuzzi a beautiful woman was walking around offering her favorite lube from a squirt bottle and encouraging folks to try it out on one another. I have few regrets in this life, but not following up on that is almost one...

Hopefully with this warning we’ll be ready if PPBs show up in our world.
Pearl 12/22
Pearl 3/21
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 6/18
SecretSmileToday on Kasidie and sls
SecretSmileToday
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 18 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Bruce&Pam » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:28 pm

I love it when someone brings them. Sometimes they get ignored, but sometimes people act on them. Makes a good ice breaker for jacuzzi wallflowers like us.
Bruce&Pam
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2023

Postby sun30265 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Thanks for the sage and insightful thoughts, all.

We're getting close to ordering a bunch of balls!

If you're with us at Pearl in December, get ready for some serious Ping Pong Ballage...
sun30265
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 24 Sep 2020

Postby SouthCarolinaCpl » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:28 pm

We prefer the rubber ducks with rubber unicorns for the bigger challenges. But ping pong balls work too.
SouthCarolinaCpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Apr 2024

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl