Planing an excited and nervous first time visit

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Planing an excited and nervous first time visit

Postby Sslgsk » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:14 am

Hi, this is the first vacation my wife and I will be taking in a while. We are excited about the pearl resort and the atmosphere it proposes to present. Your valuable suggestions for first timers are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sslgsk
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 07 Oct 2020

Re: Planing an excited and nervous first time visit

Postby TandD » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi Welcome to the forum,

I'm sure people will be happy to answer whatever specific questions you may have - we all like helping newbies get comfortable. That said, this kind of question gets asked a lot and the best way to get *all* the answers is to use the search function and look for stuff like "first time" or "newbie". You will probably get most of your questions answered and also find some great tips.

If you still have questions after that, please come back and post them. We'll be happy to help.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby SecretSmileToday » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:04 am

Sslgsk wrote:Hi, this is the first vacation my wife and I will be taking in a while. We are excited about the pearl resort and the atmosphere it proposes to present. Your valuable suggestions for first timers are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Second what TandD said, there’s lots here. I’ll repeat the top line: newbies or any level of experience, talk it out in advance and as you go. It’s worth it.
Pearl 12/22
Pearl 3/21
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 6/18
SecretSmileToday on Kasidie and sls
SecretSmileToday
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 18 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Sslgsk » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:53 pm

Thank you.
1. Any recommendations/ suggestions/ thoughts on what would be the apt number of days for the first visit.
2. Also we are both strict vegetarians, so we are concerned about our food choices, hate making special requests all the time, as opposed to leisurely walking in and picking something from the menu.

As always appreciate the feedback.

Thank you,
G
Sslgsk
Desire Convert

Postby SecretSmileToday » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:36 am

Sslgsk wrote:Thank you.
1. Any recommendations/ suggestions/ thoughts on what would be the apt number of days for the first visit.
2. Also we are both strict vegetarians, so we are concerned about our food choices, hate making special requests all the time, as opposed to leisurely walking in and picking something from the menu.

As always appreciate the feedback.

Thank you,
G

Anytime! Trip length probably depends a lot on how much time you need/want for transition. The activities/theme nights/menus are on a weekly rotation, so next time we’re staying for seven nights. I guess I’d recommend four nights: if you’re not in love with Desire by then, maybe it’s not going to happen.

We’re flexivores, but it seemed like there was always at least one good vegetarian choice at Aphrodite and at Pearl. Breakfast and lunch at Aphrodite have a beautiful buffet (we usually like it so much we don’t order off menu), and there it’s definitely easy to go veggie.

Hope that helps!

Andy
Pearl 12/22
Pearl 3/21
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 6/18
SecretSmileToday
Desire Devotee

Postby Sslgsk » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:11 am

Thank you for the info on length of stay for first timers. I think we need time to let the idea of vacation sink in before it’s over, we might try it for a week.
I think we might be ending up checking the menu and going to the buffet. Variety / options sound great.

I love to watch beach volleyball, wife could careless, so wondering if there are any room suggestions that we could ask for, so we can have a good view of the beach volleyball court...ty
Sslgsk
Desire Convert

Postby Funallnight » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:33 pm

Sslgsk wrote:Thank you for the info on length of stay for first timers. I think we need time to let the idea of vacation sink in before it’s over, we might try it for a week.
I think we might be ending up checking the menu and going to the buffet. Variety / options sound great.

I love to watch beach volleyball, wife could careless, so wondering if there are any room suggestions that we could ask for, so we can have a good view of the beach volleyball court...ty

The rooms are a not right on the ocean front and there is some tall shrubbery between the beach and the resort. You will not be able to see beach volleyball court very well from any room and you can't even see it from the pool. There are some loungers around the volleyball court where you can hang out and watch. Also - the level of play is not really high and pure beginners play - so instead of watching you might want to consider playing.
Funallnight
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Sslgsk » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:41 pm

Thank you for the info on the view of the volleyball court from suites.

1. From the pics of the jacuzzi, it seems like there are about 6 beds, is that correct ? or are there more than what the pic shows ?Should we reserve these beds or people who want to spice it up jump on them ? Is there a time of the day when the beds buzzing with people ?
2. Should light sleepers request suites farther away from the jacuzzi or does the partying/ loud music go on till early mornin hours?

Thank you for all the feedback.
G
Sslgsk
Desire Convert

Postby happyrwe » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:42 am

That is an old pic of the beds from a couple years ago.There are now 10 beds in the jacuzzi area.There is no reserving of beds in this area but never realy had a problem.People tend to filter in and out.Buzzing time is later afternoon when the pool closes down and everybody filters into the jacuzzi bar and after the Disco lets out at night around 11. Just please remember to take your towles off the bed when you are done using it so people know it is no longer occupied.
If you are worried about noise you can always request the quite end of the pool.We have stayed in the Seahorse twice which is right next to and overlooked the Jacuzzi and we never had a problem with the noise.Just close your patio doors.
Just remember your sunscrean and a hat. You are now ready to lay back and enjoy the most relaxing and friendly place to vacation.Heading back for our 5th trip in June,and we start counting the days the minute we book.
happyrwe
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 07 Jun 2023

Re: Planing an excited and nervous first time vi

Postby Sslgsk » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:31 pm

Thank you for the info n tips.
We are planing for a trip and can’t wait for it to be here soon enough.
How is the mosquito problem @ the resort ? Any specific suggestions on what kind repellent have people tried and still indulged in spicy outdoor intimacy?
It might be a little too early but since we found about the resort and have started planing a vacation, our hopes to rekindle romance and enjoy great intimacy that we missed all these years, have risen.
We are 40 n 39 yrs, any other couples in the same age range, would be great to know and if possible connect with such couples.
Thank you
G
Sslgsk
Desire Convert

Re: Planing an excited and nervous first time vi

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:57 pm

Sslgsk wrote:We are 40 n 39 yrs, any other couples in the same age range coming to desire pearl during October 7th and the rest of that week? would be great to know and if possible connect with such couples.
Thank you
G

When it gets closer to the October time frame, you'll notice that there will be a thread for October 2020 open up in the "When are you arriving" forum under Desire Pearl. There you can seek out other people who will have trip dates that overlap yours.
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 08 Aug 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby Sslgsk » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:13 pm

Thank you. Looking forward to the October roll call.
Sslgsk
Desire Convert

Postby Brian&Amber » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:01 am

Hey yall,
Amber and I are currently sitting in the Seashell building getting ready for our full second day of vacation and we have already booked for Halloween 2020. This is our first time and, so far, the people we have met have been extraordinary, the food has ranged from good to pretty dang good and the atmosphere is killer. Brian is 41 and Amber is 40. Though we are not vegetarian at all, we have overheard a few people requesting full vegan accommodation with no issue. I should mention we are yellow banded newbies this trip but we have already fallen in lust with this place... we are sure you two will as well!

Regards,
B&A
Brian & Amber

Desire Pearl 12/29/19 - 1/4/20
Brian&Amber
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 29 Oct 2020

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:20 am

Brian&Amber wrote:Hey yall,
Amber and I are currently sitting in the Seashell building getting ready for our full second day of vacation and we have already booked for Halloween 2020. This is our first time and, so far, the people we have met have been extraordinary, the food has ranged from good to pretty dang good and the atmosphere is killer. Brian is 41 and Amber is 40. Though we are not vegetarian at all, we have overheard a few people requesting full vegan accommodation with no issue. I should mention we are yellow banded newbies this trip but we have already fallen in lust with this place... we are sure you two will as well!

Regards,
B&A

Congratulations on your successful first visit. Now you’re hooked! Can’t wait to read your full trip report when you get back.
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 08 Aug 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby SecretSmileToday » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:18 pm

Brian&Amber wrote:Hey yall,

Regards,
B&A

:L

So glad to hear it!...and slightly jealous! Enjoy the jacuzzi for us.
Pearl 12/22
Pearl 3/21
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 6/18
SecretSmileToday
Desire Devotee

Next