Rooms and Beach?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Rooms and Beach?

Postby Newtome » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:50 am

I’ve read that there really aren’t great views from most of the rooms. While I know most of our time will be spent OUT of the room, I would also really enjoy having a great view of the ocean from the room.

1. Any advice on room selection? I don’t see a huge difference in a few of the room options on the website other than price?

2. Is the extra cost for the plunge pool worth it? Seems just having that extra space outdoors would make it worth it.

3. Does anyone have photos of their balcony or terrace they’d be willing to share? Looking for both the view from the balcony and also what the actual balcony or terraces look like since you can’t really see that on the website.

4. Is sex allowed on private balconies/terrace?

5. I’ve read that the bathtubs are tiny in the rooms. Anyone have a bathroom pic?

I’m hoping this will help us narrow down dates based on room availability. We do enjoy some alone time so having the option to enjoy that in our own space, while also feeling a little “exposed” would be a huge bonus if we feel we need it and that is important to my wife. Worst case scenario, we don’t use it at all!

Also, I’ve heard the beach has been pretty clean lately. Is this true? Does anyone have recent beach pics? Due to the nature of the resort the photos you find online tend to be a little deceiving it seems, since they’re either for promotional purposes or staged.

I’m not sure if it’s allowed, but feel free to spam me with your recent photos of the premises as well (not looking for photos of guests, I’m not a creep!)
Newtome

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: Rooms and Beach?

Postby CokeMann » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:07 pm

FYI - you can't actually select your exact choice of room number - all rooms are assigned ROH (Run of House)
ie: picked on which rooms(in your room category) are available on the day that you arrive.

You can suggest a number of your choices in the Express Check In form that you can fill out within two weeks before your actual arrival date - they will try hard to get you one of your choices but there is no guarantee ;)
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Newtome » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Yes, I should have worded better, I apologize. I guess I meant the difference between room types/classifications (ie, ocean view vs junior suite, etc), not specific room numbers per se. but that’s great to know about the express check in! Thanks for the tip!!
Newtome

Postby CokeMann » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:54 pm

Just look thru the Rooms and Amenities for a comparison
https://www.originalaffiliates.com/part ... -amenities
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby red88vette » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:40 pm

The answer to your question is broad. As cokemann has stated you can request a rm no but no guarantees. Do a search for maps. That may help and then you can decide on the Bldg, then grd fl or upper fl. Note Plunge pools are great, worth the money? its personal choice, also its grd level, so not great views. The grd fl rooms provide grd level views. Most 2nd, 3rd, 4th fl rooms provide a better view of the facility/pool/ocean. So book a room and after you get there you will have a better opportunity to decide a rm location based on your likes and dislikes for your next trip. We have had sex on the balcony several times and have seen others as well, we feel its part of the rm. The bath tubes are regular size, the misses has never complained. The penthouse has a nice claw foot tub. PM your email address and I can share some of our photos from various rooms. tub, and beach. Good Luck. We find the Dlx Ocean rms adequate, other than sleeping not much time spent there anyway. Good Luck
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby khnh » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:37 pm

Just back room 57 had biggest bath tub ever. 3rd floor Jr suite North end of pool area
khnh

We arrive on: 31 Jan 2020

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl