Today should be opening day (July 1)

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Today should be opening day (July 1)

Postby sun30265 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:13 pm

Muchas Gracias for the recent updates re: sanitation, masks, etc.

Any further observations welcome.

We may be bringing some "newbies" with us to Pearl in September so this info very helpful.

Safe travels to all; cheers.
sun30265
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Sep 2020

Postby buried20kleague » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:57 pm

hoppercf wrote:We have been here since July 1. Quick summary: food is fantastic; staff is wonderful; sanitation and preventative measures are on par (if not better) with what’s being done in our local US restaurants; occupancy is noticeably lighter. TBH, we’re having just as good of a time as we normally do, down here.

Damn glad to hear it. :)

Thanks for all these updates!!!
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby TheOGL » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:34 am

Regarding staff, did anyone see Miguel? He usually works drinks around the pool. Thanks!
8 visits so far to Desire Pearl/RM
Kasidie- TequilaTwosome
TheOGL
Desire Convert

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 08 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby hoppercf » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:13 am

TheOGL wrote:Regarding staff, did anyone see Miguel? He usually works drinks around the pool. Thanks!

Yep. He’s been here every day.
hoppercf
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Jun 2024

Postby MWcouple » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:37 pm

How are people handling tipping? I know in our community people have an aversion to handling cash right now.
Hooked on Desire!
Kasidie: Midwestcouple
MWcouple
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Jun 2017

Postby buried20kleague » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:06 pm

Have there been any confirmed reports of a guest or staff testing positive at Pearl? Not rumors, but anyone know of anything confirmed?
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

Postby hopeandchuck » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:55 pm

thanks for all the great info... so we're thrilled that it's going well for everyone! can't wait.
hopeandchuck
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 06 Aug 2020

Postby Greatcpl » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:37 pm

What about the disco at night? Do they still have shows and dancing?
Kasadie: Greatazcpl
Greatcpl
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 23 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Postby tj71903 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:01 pm

Greatcpl wrote:What about the disco at night? Do they still have shows and dancing?

Yes. Not sure if it was abbreviated but it's basically one act performing 3-4 sets then dance floor opens. Acts last, maybe, 20 minutes.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby AZDavidNKim » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:47 pm

hoppercf wrote:We have been here since July 1. Quick summary: food is fantastic; staff is wonderful; sanitation and preventative measures are on par (if not better) with what’s being done in our local US restaurants; occupancy is noticeably lighter. TBH, we’re having just as good of a time as we normally do, down here.

How is the seaweed problem? I had heard that both Pearl and RM installed seaweed barriers a couple hundred yards offshore and it was helping a lot but that was earlier this year. Some of the more recent reports seem to indicate seaweed problem in the beach (and the smell that comes with it) may be resurfacing a bit. Any recent updates? While we spend a lot of time at the pool/jacuzzi, we do enjoy time on the beach too...

Thanks!

David & Kim
AZDavidNKim

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2020

Postby hoppercf » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:04 pm

AZDavidNKim wrote:How is the seaweed problem? I had heard that both Pearl and RM installed seaweed barriers a couple hundred yards offshore and it was helping a lot but that was earlier this year. Some of the more recent reports seem to indicate seaweed problem in the beach (and the smell that comes with it) may be resurfacing a bit. Any recent updates? While we spend a lot of time at the pool/jacuzzi, we do enjoy time on the beach too...

Thanks!

David & Kim

The seaweed is still a problem. A common joke around the resort is that everyone wakes up every morning thankful they can smell it.
hoppercf
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Jun 2024

Postby Orcowgirl » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:08 pm

buried20kleague wrote:Have there been any confirmed reports of a guest or staff testing positive at Pearl? Not rumors, but anyone know of anything confirmed?

In my humble opinion, this is not the place to discus this as any issue/rumor will lead to closure and lay off of staff again. There is plenty of general information on the CDC Website and government web for an informed decision on risk. If one travels or shops we will all be exposed, meaning all of us will test positive for antibodies whether from Jan or two weeks ago, at some point. We just returned and I do not see how one can get it from staff or the resort. All wear masks at all time and everything is cleaned to the upmost. Yes, you will get exposure from guests, but you will at Walmart also. If you are in the risk category or are worried at all, stay home.
Since 2017
Pearl 25+
RM 7+
Grande Michas 2
KIK Orranchcouple
Orcowgirl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Apr 2024

Postby nctravelers17 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:27 pm

In North Carolina, if you think you have been exposed to someone that is positive for the virus, you can get tested for the virus, not the antibody, for free. It takes 3 days for the result, during which they tell you to self quarantine. We are scheduled for Pearl in early September, and are thinking about getting tested 5 days before leaving, then staying away from everyone for those 5 days, hopefully getting a negative result, at least knowing we did not bring it with us. I would think no one would travel knowing they had the virus, or felt it coming on, but there are always those that do. Common sense and best judgement is our motto.
nctravelers17
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 07 Apr 1918

Postby swgap » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:52 pm

Orcowgirl wrote:
buried20kleague wrote:Have there been any confirmed reports of a guest or staff testing positive at Pearl? Not rumors, but anyone know of anything confirmed?

In my humble opinion, this is not the place to discus this as any issue/rumor will lead to closure and lay off of staff again. There is plenty of general information on the CDC Website and government web for an informed decision on risk. If one travels or shops we will all be exposed, meaning all of us will test positive for antibodies whether from Jan or two weeks ago, at some point. We just returned and I do not see how one can get it from staff or the resort. All wear masks at all time and everything is cleaned to the upmost. Yes, you will get exposure from guests, but you will at Walmart also. If you are in the risk category or are worried at all, stay home.

If not here then where?
nazcpl on kas
swgap
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 22 Sep 2023

Postby buried20kleague » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:43 pm

Orcowgirl wrote:

I wasn’t aware we should censor discussion here. Especially about a global pandemic.

This is a message board dedicated to the resort and what’s going on there. This is EXACTLY where this should be discussed. How in the world would message board rumors close the resort or have people lose their jobs??? Wouldn’t the resort be aware of actual positives at their resort (which is exactly what I asked)? I specifically said not rumor or second hand info.

I’m fully aware of the risk. My trip for next week is still scheduled. That doesn’t mean I’m not curious if there have been confirmed cases of anyone while at pearl. I’m curious because I want to know if one occurred, how it was handled. Is that something the CDC will be able to tell me?
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl