In paradise now!

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

In paradise now!

Postby NCVETTE » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:16 am

At Pearl until Sunday 26th if anybody had questions I can help answer? Resort is wonderful as usual, if not better if that is possible! Will say air travel is absolutely terrible, customer service, planes and routes are bare minimum. Normal direct flight from Nc takes us 3 hours. This trip took 16 hours with delays, missed connections, 4 flights and two airlines. We didn’t get luggage to late the next day after arrival.
NCVETTE
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 07 Jul 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: In paradise now!

Postby RJOC » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:40 am

NCVETTE wrote:At Pearl until Sunday 26th if anybody had questions I can help answer? Resort is wonderful as usual, if not better if that is possible! Will say air travel is absolutely terrible, customer service, planes and routes are bare minimum. Normal direct flight from Nc takes us 3 hours. This trip took 16 hours with delays, missed connections, 4 flights and two airlines. We didn’t get luggage to late the next day after arrival.

Glad you're there and that it is wonderful as always!

Sorry to hear about the delays and your luggage, but who needs clothes at DP? :bj :bj :bj
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby swgap » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:29 pm

How many couples are at Pearl?

Thanks for information.
nazcpl on kas
swgap
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 22 Sep 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby randtcanucks2 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:52 pm

We are booked for end of sept. Got to say a little worried with the virus numbers running way up in US and Mexico. So want to go and have a great time, just not sure its wise. Good luck, would like to hear some great trip reports.
randtcanucks2
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 24 Sep 2020

Postby The J's » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:05 am

What is it like at night for the show? That is the one place that worries my wife. We aren't worried about when we are outside but being inside that room that gets pretty hot and full normally, even without a pandemic going on.
KIK: JLCLV
The J's
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 14 Aug 2020

Postby buried20kleague » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:35 am

NCVETTE wrote:At Pearl until Sunday 26th if anybody had questions I can help answer? Resort is wonderful as usual, if not better if that is possible! Will say air travel is absolutely terrible, customer service, planes and routes are bare minimum. Normal direct flight from Nc takes us 3 hours. This trip took 16 hours with delays, missed connections, 4 flights and two airlines. We didn’t get luggage to late the next day after arrival.

We’re here too!! Wonder who you are. Lol

We’re on the second beach bed every morning, FYI. :)
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby buried20kleague » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:38 am

swgap wrote:How many couples are at Pearl?

Thanks for information.

I don’t want to steal the other person’s thread, but maybe a couple opinions could be valuable for folks.

I would say there’s between 40-50 here total as of yesterday. The hellians group was here and most of them leave today. Our butler said 15 couples are leaving and 8 are coming in. So today will be much closer to 40 than 50.
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

Postby buried20kleague » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:40 am

The J's wrote:What is it like at night for the show? That is the one place that worries my wife. We aren't worried about when we are outside but being inside that room that gets pretty hot and full normally, even without a pandemic going on.

The disco is totally the same as always. Shows are not every night. They’re about every other night. On the other nights the band plays a little longer than normal.
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

Postby Astro5169 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:14 pm

Newbies here, we are currently at Pearl.

In semi lifestyle for 2 years now. Very selective.

New to the resort. Just got to Pearl this afternoon.

1000 questions.

We got ambushed by the sales team at the door. Not sure what we even signed up for.

Who do I tip? After each meal? Door staff? Do I just tip for the week? Bartenders... etc

Do I have to reserve a day bed and where?

All the dinner times were reserved. Can I still just walk in and wait for a table.
Astro5169

We arrive on: 25 Jul 2020

Postby NCVETTE » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:34 pm

Sorry having trouble posting, keeps kicking me off? Not happy they didn’t do foam party today? They did on Thursday because there was a group in for the week? I was in lobby receiving luggage and missed it. It was very tame, thought it was a test of the equipment?
NCVETTE
Desire Addict

Postby NCVETTE » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:35 am

Just a few complaints that will be addressed management. Once arriving late nite (delays) we were told were told our room was ocean view, Seashell building (quite side)? First of all my girlfriend is membership status, but in a rush i checked in online and listed ocean view? (my mistake) they would not give us a upgrade to Jr suite (lowest for membership guest)? the resort was less then 30%? they acted like it was a act of god to change room and they were going to charge me extra! Being tired after 16 hours of travel, i asked for a better ocean view room and received it. lots of nicer rooms were empty all week, be we settled in and gladly excepted smaller room.

We made a reservation for 10 a Pearl restaurant one night, normally this may be a issue with full resort, but last week there was usually 2-3 couples at same time in the whole restaurant! Pearl acted like this was huge undertaking? they said we had to purchase two bottles of wine to make this happen? ($25 bottle in states, $150 at Pearl) we still did it, took 2.5 hours to complete dinner service with only 1/3 of seating filled. We love Pearl, but some of the acts to get more money out of us is going to run some people off.
NCVETTE
Desire Addict

Postby Tankertruck » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:19 am

We just got back last night and I thought we’d chip in a brief comment. We were on the beach every morning as well (the very last bed as far from Aphrodite as possible) for some AM privacy.

I don’t want to hijack the thread (hopefully you don’t mind), but NCVETTE isn’t being dramatic or anything - their comments are right on with our experience. It was our first time at pearl, but it definitely felt a bit like an “off week” for sure (almost like they had just opened and we’re working out the kinks or something similar). The staff were great. But the foam party on Thursday (I think) left us both thinking “that’s it, huh?” And the rotating restaurants made it a bit tough to get reservations at the time you wanted even though the restaurants were never close to full. We mistakenly showed up one night at 630 instead of 6 (even though we had 630 reservations) and it was a big deal to seat us even though the restaurant was empty. Shows every other night seemed well attended (based on who was at the resort), but we expected a lot more PDS than we saw.

That being said, we both had fun and everyone we talked to was super nice and quite sexy/cute (and I think we talked to NCVETTE :D ), we just wish we could have gotten a hot tub bed around 5 - but they were always full with people just hanging out. We wanted to play a bit.
Tankertruck

Postby EmptyNesters » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:11 pm

NCVETTE wrote:Just a few complaints that will be addressed management. Once arriving late nite (delays) we were told were told our room was ocean view, Seashell building (quite side)? First of all my girlfriend is membership status, but in a rush i checked in online and listed ocean view? (my mistake) they would not give us a upgrade to Jr suite (lowest for membership guest)? the resort was less then 30%? they acted like it was a act of god to change room and they were going to charge me extra! Being tired after 16 hours of travel, i asked for a better ocean view room and received it. lots of nicer rooms were empty all week, be we settled in and gladly excepted smaller room.

We made a reservation for 10 a Pearl restaurant one night, normally this may be a issue with full resort, but last week there was usually 2-3 couples at same time in the whole restaurant! Pearl acted like this was huge undertaking? they said we had to purchase two bottles of wine to make this happen? ($25 bottle in states, $150 at Pearl) we still did it, took 2.5 hours to complete dinner service with only 1/3 of seating filled. We love Pearl, but some of the acts to get more money out of us is going to run some people off.

.They pulled the same stunt on us once. Wanted a table for 8 and was told we had to buy bottles of wine. Told our butler who spoke to the general manager who spoke to the dining room manager. Not an hour later, our butler told us we had our reservation and no wine purchase was necessary. The wine we brought was $180 direct from the vineyard and Pearl wanted $560.
Joe & Ellen
Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
SLS -CT_empty_nesters
SDC - emptynesters1
EmptyNesters
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Jun 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC Kasidie

Postby Cherniy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:35 pm

I will agree with what has been stated above after our trip from 7-22 thru 29. In fact, we were with NCVETTE at the 2.5 hour dinner at Pearl. Hopefully things get back to a better sense of "normal" soon. I feel for the staff and all they've been through. Despite a couple of little things, we felt the trip was GREAT and are some happy we decided to go when we did. If you are looking for LOTS of "action" you'll likely be disappointed right now as the crowd is smaller and for the most part all seem to be there for the relaxation.

NCVETTE, I certainly hope your trip home was far less "eventful"!!!
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 7/20
R/M 7/22
Pearl 8/23
Cherniy
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 31 Jul 2023

Postby buried20kleague » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:41 pm

Cherniy wrote:I will agree with what has been stated above after our trip from 7-22 thru 29. In fact, we were with NCVETTE at the 2.5 hour dinner at Pearl. Hopefully things get back to a better sense of "normal" soon. I feel for the staff and all they've been through. Despite a couple of little things, we felt the trip was GREAT and are some happy we decided to go when we did. If you are looking for LOTS of "action" you'll likely be disappointed right now as the crowd is smaller and for the most part all seem to be there for the relaxation.

NCVETTE, I certainly hope your trip home was far less "eventful"!!!

Agreed on all points. We’re glad we went. It’s still pearl, but it’s different. It was almost like people there didn’t know the usual “migration” that happens between the pool, then jacuzzi, then dinner, then disco, then jacuzzi again. It was odd.

We saw the show Monday night and there were 12 guests. Then like 6 in the jacuzzi.

But then the next night ( after 5 couples left Tuesday and three arrived), there was 26 in the disco and slightly more than the night before in the jacuzzi.
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl