Requests/things for staff

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Requests/things for staff

Postby WellyFla2020 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:17 pm

So I’m guessing you sold the house in the Hamptons but kept the yacht after he retired? :D
Desire Pearl Sept 9-13, 20; June 16-20, '21
Florida Nude Beach: Blind Creek (Stuart)
SDC: BICPLFLA2014
WellyFla2020
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby werfun » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:35 pm

Love your sense of humor. We sold our home in ST. LOUIS MO when we moved to Honolulu 30 years ago and now live in a one bedroom condo of 700 square foot. There is just the 2 of us so we don't need a 10 bedroom 5 bath house. Living in such a small area one learns not to keep a lot of stuff that you may never use again. Yes we did keep the yacht when he was forced to retire. They are 0ne meter rc sailboats that we race on Sundays with a group at a local park. So you are right in that we sold the house (not in the Hamptons) and kept the yachts.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby KnMnakey » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:54 pm

WellyFla2020 wrote:So I’m guessing you sold the house in the Hamptons but kept the yacht after he retired? :D

I don't like his "sense of humor" / sarcasm, that type of sarcasm doesn't make any sense here. The OP asked about things that the Desire staff might need and WellyFla2020 asked about how much to tip. He was already told that not everybody tips the same way and do whatever you feel comfortable with. What you drive, what you sold /not sold and how you live your life is none of his business. Werfun, I think you are just too nice with this type of person - just MHO.
KnMnakey
Desire Fan

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby WellyFla2020 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:17 pm

werfun wrote:Love your sense of humor. We sold our home in ST. LOUIS MO when we moved to Honolulu 30 years ago and now live in a one bedroom condo of 700 square foot. There is just the 2 of us so we don't need a 10 bedroom 5 bath house. Living in such a small area one learns not to keep a lot of stuff that you may never use again. Yes we did keep the yacht when he was forced to retire. They are 0ne meter rc sailboats that we race on Sundays with a group at a local park. So you are right in that we sold the house (not in the Hamptons) and kept the yachts.

My wife would trade that in a heart beat looking for a smoother pace and less...lots less. We like that, easier pace of life. We’re still trying to get thru my mothers things from her death last year. I have en entire storage unit with her condo in it. Need a couch?

Glad I could make you laugh. I gather others don’t like laughing. Oh well...y.

We actually rescued one of our Golden Retrievers from down in the STL area. So got to see a little of it that day, we drove down from Chicago.

Thanks for the guidance on the tipping. While everyone seems varied it gives us an idea of what to do. Thanks to everyone, one person excluded, for the help.
We’ll go back to having our staff wax our Rolls and the Butler is bringing tea So we must go. Ta yah darling!! Kiss kiss
Desire Pearl Sept 9-13, 20; June 16-20, '21
Florida Nude Beach: Blind Creek (Stuart)
SDC: BICPLFLA2014
WellyFla2020
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 09 Sep 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby sangovese » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:59 pm

So question.
This is our 18th trip to Desire and we always tip in US Dollars. My brother in law recently asked why I wasn't tipping in Pesos as in his travels through Mexico he got the feeling the people preferred peso over dollars.
Does ANyone have input on this?

Thanks
KIK: sangovese
sangovese
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 09 May 2023

Postby CokeMann » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:07 pm

sangovese wrote:So question.
This is our 18th trip to Desire and we always tip in US Dollars. My brother in law recently asked why I wasn't tipping in Pesos as in his travels through Mexico he got the feeling the people preferred peso over dollars.
Does ANyone have input on this?

Thanks

Obviously money is money and either way the Desire staff will greatly appreciate your acknowledgement of their service.

The reality is that Desire staff cannot spend USD directly to pay for rent, food, etc but will have to convert that into the local national currency ie: Pesos

As with all currency conversions they will lose a little bit during the conversion process.

So yes, if you tip in Pesos they can use the amount directly for anything they want and get to use all of what you have given to them. ie, Pesos are easier and more convenient for them

Quick rule of thumb for tipping in pesos - 22 pesos is currently the equivalent of about one USD
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl