After the fun

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: After the fun

Postby Bruce&Pam » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:05 pm

Yeah, one of my pet peeves is people using the hot tub beds and then leaving their towels lying there. You don't know if they've left and their bed is available or if they plan to be right back. Please pull your towels off the beds when you're finished. That makes them available to more guests and helps us voyeurs get in on more action.

Once we jumped on a bed that hadn't been used in a while, and a couple started hollering at us from the hot tub that that was THEIR bed. I just asked politely if we could just borrow it for a bit. They could watch if they wanted. We're definitely not shy. :lol:

---Bruce
Bruce&Pam
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 03 Feb 2023

Postby 2New2MN » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:02 pm

Totally agree Bruce. You're either using the bed or you're in the hot tub. You can't be doing both.
Kasadie - 2New2MN
Lifestyle Lounge - 2new2mn
KIK - 2new2mn
2New2MN
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Aug 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby tj71903 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:26 pm

Sometimes the beds are occupied or reserved or just not available. In such situations it's not totally unpleasant to be on the hot tub rim leaned back watching the stars and listening to the music while the better half is strangely quiet.

Life is all about adjusting to your situation.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby pearl042020 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:48 am

Bruce&Pam wrote:Yeah, one of my pet peeves is people using the hot tub beds and then leaving their towels lying there. You don't know if they've left and their bed is available or if they plan to be right back. Please pull your towels off the beds when you're finished. That makes them available to more guests and helps us voyeurs get in on more action.

Once we jumped on a bed that hadn't been used in a while, and a couple started hollering at us from the hot tub that that was THEIR bed. I just asked politely if we could just borrow it for a bit. They could watch if they wanted. We're definitely not shy. :lol:

---Bruce

What did they say?
pearl042020
Desire Fan

Postby Orcowgirl » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:44 pm

Was NOT suggesting that people hog the beds. The question was what to do about a HO and not wanting to get up...”wait a bit” and go shower. Yes, the hot tub beds are not to be “reserved” with your “stuff on them. But, many couples lounge and relax in the beds....I do not have an issue with this at all, if there are empty beds.
Orcowgirl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Apr 2024

Postby Bruce&Pam » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:25 pm

cfsax_ny wrote:
Bruce&Pam wrote:Yeah, one of my pet peeves is people using the hot tub beds and then leaving their towels lying there. You don't know if they've left and their bed is available or if they plan to be right back. Please pull your towels off the beds when you're finished. That makes them available to more guests and helps us voyeurs get in on more action.

---Bruce

What did they say?

I could tell they weren't happy about my request, so we dropped it. I don't like confrontation so I chose to avoid the issue. :(

Another peeve I have is readers. The hot tub beds are NOT for READING! If you want to read for hours, please do it someplace else. I really don't get it. How can you concentrate on whatever it is you're reading with all the talking and playing going on in and around the hot tub. But I see it just about every trip. I just don't get it. :?
Bruce&Pam
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2023

Postby 2New2MN » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:13 pm

Totally onboard with your thoughts Bruce & Pam. We've been to both resorts three times now and noticed a marked difference in how the beds are used at RM vs Pearl. At RM people get busy right away, take care of their business, clean up and then leave the bed for the next couple. At Pearl, our observations are that most couples park their stuff on a bed, pull out their books or ipads, lounge around and if they do get up to use the hot tub, they leave their stuff on the bed, as if they have it reserved for the entire evening. We're going back to Pearl in a few months and hope that the messages conveyed on this forum have registered with future guests.
Kasadie - 2New2MN
Lifestyle Lounge - 2new2mn
KIK - 2new2mn
2New2MN
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Aug 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby LuckySevens » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:30 pm

2New2MN wrote:Totally onboard with your thoughts Bruce & Pam. We've been to both resorts three times now and noticed a marked difference in how the beds are used at RM vs Pearl. At RM people get busy right away, take care of their business, clean up and then leave the bed for the next couple. At Pearl, our observations are that most couples park their stuff on a bed, pull out their books or ipads, lounge around and if they do get up to use the hot tub, they leave their stuff on the bed, as if they have it reserved for the entire evening. We're going back to Pearl in a few months and hope that the messages conveyed on this forum have registered with future guests.

It’s been talked about for as long as these forums have been here, and so this has also come up about a billion times, but for the love of GOD, can’t Desire just put up a simple sign that says (maybe in a fun, cheeky way) “The beds are for active use, if you’re done, please move along so others can enjoy them too”?

Seems like a $10 fix to a $1,000,000 problem.
Pearl: 11/20, 3/21, 3/22, 3/23, 6/23, 3/24
RM: 6/21
LuckySevens
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 14 Jun 2023

Postby Cheers2US » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:03 pm

MountLobos wrote:...
It’s been talked about for as long as these forums have been here, and so this has also come up about a billion times, but for the love of GOD, can’t Desire just put up a simple sign that says (maybe in a fun, cheeky way) “The beds are for active use, if you’re done, please move along so others can enjoy them too”?

I agree with this. I have to admit that we've been guilty of holding up a bed in the past, but only because we did not know any better. We considered the hot tub beds as the pool chairs and beds. After a few days, it occurred to us, "Oh maybe we should move on after we are done" But yeah, a sign would totally have been appropriate. Kind of like at the gym, when they post signs telling you to not use any machine for more than 30 minutes because another guest might want a turn.

They could also mention this at check in, like when they tell you no photos or videos. People don't mind following the rules as long as they know what they are.
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby pearl042020 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:10 am

Bruce&Pam wrote:
cfsax_ny wrote:

---Bruce

What did they say?

I could tell they weren't happy about my request, so we dropped it. I don't like confrontation so I chose to avoid the issue. :(

Another peeve I have is readers. The hot tub beds are NOT for READING! If you want to read for hours, please do it someplace else. I really don't get it. How can you concentrate on whatever it is you're reading with all the talking and playing going on in and around the hot tub. But I see it just about every trip. I just don't get it. :?

Yeah, I would think reading could be done on the beach or pool beds, not the hot tub beds!
pearl042020
Desire Fan

Postby werfun » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:48 pm

Don't know about others but after my wife has a happy ending she needs a short nap to recover for more fun. So are you saying that she shouldn't take a nap to recover laying on the spa bed.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby westhoustoncouple8 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:23 pm

MountLobos wrote:It’s been talked about for as long as these forums have been here, and so this has also come up about a billion times, but for the love of GOD, can’t Desire just put up a simple sign that says (maybe in a fun, cheeky way) “The beds are for active use, if you’re done, please move along so others can enjoy them too”?

Totally aggree.
They should call/name it PLAYbeds & not just hot tub beds, or reading/sleeping/napping beds.
And just pls use common sense here. If there's plenty of empty beds open & avail, no problem. But it's during peak hours & all the beds are fully occupied & in use, we wouldn't feel comfortable about taking a nap while others are looking for a PLAYbed to play on...
westhoustoncouple8
Desire Fan

Postby tj71903 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:11 pm

PlayBeds?

Why not:

Performance Pallets?
Banging Berths?
Conjugal Cots?
Titillating Trundles?
Scopophiliac Sacks?