How Resort Handling Covid Positive (if, that is)

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

How Resort Handling Covid Positive (if, that is)

Postby Luvbeachcpl » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:36 pm

Hey there, so we are planning our trip to Pearl. Of course also planning for any issues that may arise.

Out of curiosity...and i also checked all the recent trip reports, but have not seen anyone post....but in the event that you test positive while there at the resort (we are from USA), I know I read that the resort has some rooms (or a room) set aside for when some may test positive. But what happens? You move into the room for 2 weeks? Then does this mean that you are stuck in the room for 2 weeks? I would imagine so....i mean i know you can't go around the resort being positive LOL.
Then the resort brings you meals .
I just haven't heard yet of someone's experience who tested covid positive while there and what happens.

I'm planning to take my laptop down in case this happens to us so that at least i can work while there.

Was just more curious if Desire had had to quarantine anyone while there....and if so, what their experience was like.

Thanks all....
Kasidie: Luvbeachcpl
Kik: luvbeachcpl
SLS: Luvbeachcpl (3/29/21: closing account soon due to data breach)
Luvbeachcpl
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Re: How Resort Handling Covid Positive (if, that is)

Postby rentman » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:54 pm

Just got back and it was super easy. We tested neg. and did not hear of anyone testing positive. It takes about 10 minutes and 8 minutes of that is filling out the 5 questions on the form. We would go again tomorrow if possible. Now having said that, The airport is another matter. IMPORTANT: When you check in, ask the check in desk for a paper copy of the Mexico contact tracing form. We got upstairs to go through security and there were like 100 people trying to access the website and it wasn't working. Someone mentioned going backdown to get a paper form which I did. Filled it our and walked right through and no one ever looked at it, but they wouldn't let you through without it. Trust me it was a real shit show. The airport really needs to fix this.
rentman
Desire Fan

Postby Luvbeachcpl » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:12 pm

rentman wrote:Just got back and it was super easy. We tested neg. and did not hear of anyone testing positive. It takes about 10 minutes and 8 minutes of that is filling out the 5 questions on the form. We would go again tomorrow if possible. Now having said that, The airport is another matter. IMPORTANT: When you check in, ask the check in desk for a paper copy of the Mexico contact tracing form. We got upstairs to go through security and there were like 100 people trying to access the website and it wasn't working. Someone mentioned going backdown to get a paper form which I did. Filled it our and walked right through and no one ever looked at it, but they wouldn't let you through without it. Trust me it was a real shit show. The airport really needs to fix this.

Thanks @rentman, appreciate the update.
Kasidie: Luvbeachcpl
Kik: luvbeachcpl
SLS: Luvbeachcpl (3/29/21: closing account soon due to data breach)
Luvbeachcpl
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021

Postby Cheers2US » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:01 pm

rentman wrote:Just got back and it was super easy. We tested neg. and did not hear of anyone testing positive. It takes about 10 minutes and 8 minutes of that is filling out the 5 questions on the form. We would go again tomorrow if possible. Now having said that, The airport is another matter. IMPORTANT: When you check in, ask the check in desk for a paper copy of the Mexico contact tracing form. We got upstairs to go through security and there were like 100 people trying to access the website and it wasn't working. Someone mentioned going backdown to get a paper form which I did. Filled it our and walked right through and no one ever looked at it, but they wouldn't let you through without it. Trust me it was a real shit show. The airport really needs to fix this.

Sorry, do you mean when you're arriving in Cancun? As in when you're checking in with immigration? They will have these paper forms?
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby nokidclub » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:17 am

Cheers2US wrote:

Sorry, do you mean when you're arriving in Cancun? As in when you're checking in with immigration? They will have these paper forms?

Sounds like it’s when you get to the airport to fly home. Ask for the form when you’re checking your bags in the departures check-in area.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl