Pool Chairs at Pearl.

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Pool Chairs at Pearl.

Postby golfandsun88 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:48 pm

I had read on a very recent Trip Advisor review that it is difficult to get Pool Chairs at Pearl...the reviewer mentioned that they were told that members reserve them. Can anyone confirm that/if there is indeed difficulty in getting pool chairs on a daily basis? Is there a certain time each morning that we would need to be at the pool to make sure that we get chairs? Any comments/information would be helpful and appreciated. Our first trip is scheduled for late April and I am hoping that we don't have an issue with this. Thank You!
golfandsun88
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 23 Apr 2023

Re: Pool Chairs at Pearl.

Postby UsAndYou » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:28 pm

We've been members for a long time, so I may be "misremembering"...someone can correct me if I am....but this is how I recall it:

It is simple. The members do have reserved chairs, but all regular guests need to do is "claim" an open chair by throwing some personal item on it (hat, book, etc.). You will need to do this each morning. The earlier in the morning you do this the more choices you will have. I suppose on a busy weekend when they are sold out they might run out of chairs, but I've never heard anyone complain about that.

On days when it is very busy and we won't be using our chairs I'll let the pool attendants know so they can pull the "member" towels off the chairs and open them up for others.

I've never counted, but when you add up the pool side chairs, pool side beds, and beds/chairs by the beach there are a lot of spots available. And the pool attendants can be helpful in finding something for you if you don't see anything available.
UsAndYou
Desire Devotee

Postby hoppercf » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:56 pm

Victor and Horacio are more than helpful. We're not members, but have always had the same set of chairs for the entire length of our stay.
hoppercf
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Jun 2024

Postby Cheers2US » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi,

We were just at Pearl 2 weeks ago. There are several chairs pre-reserved for members each day. However, there are still several chairs available for regular guests. Each day we were there, the attendant helped us set up the chair (set the towels and opened the umbrella if needed)

On the first day we were there, my husband requested a pair of chairs by the quieter end of the pool. The attendant told him they were pre-reserved for members and gave him a pair of chairs next to them. We went for breakfast and when we came back to the chairs, the attendant told us the original chairs we wanted were now available and moved us over. He also asked if we'd want those chairs during all during our stay and we told him yes. Not sure how/why the chairs were now available to us, but it could have been the monetary tip my husband gave at the beginning.

But bottom line, yes, there are several chairs available for regular guests. It's best to claim yours early in the morning and it's nice to give to a tip to the attendant.

- Mrs C
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby BabyItsColdOutside » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:48 pm

What would be considered a good tip? My wife and I visit Desert Sun in Palm Springs and find the chair reservation games tiring; we would welcome the chance to generously tip a pool attendant for a guaranteed place throughout our seven day stay.
BabyItsColdOutside
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 15 Sep 2022

Postby Vanilla Xtracts » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:13 am

There are ample chairs for all and there are times you can’t get the exact chairs you want even as a member. The pool chair and beach bed guys are great (Victor is fabulous). Let them know what you would like and they’ll do there best to make it happen the day you request it and certainly will try for same results each subsequent day.

We do tip generously but that’s not really driving great service. The staff is very professional and capable. They live to spoil their guests so when they aren’t able to it’s not really about how generously you’ve been tipping. Give what you are comfortable with and know that more likely won’t change their efforts to do their best for you.

We do tip $20 USD on day 1 and then again before we leave for home. We also say hi each day and speak to staff often using their names and make an effort to become friendly with them. That goes a long way. It’s nice to be nice to the nice
Brian & Kath
VanillaXtracts / Naughty Nakations
Vanilla Xtracts
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Oct 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC SLS

Postby tj71903 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:59 pm

We just let the guys at the Pool know we've arrived and ask them to reserve us chairs for the duration of the stay.

never had a problem.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby beachnbaja » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:01 pm

We have never ever had an issue getting chairs. Ever. This would be the least of my worries at Pearl. Now, if you want an EXACT chair in an EXACT spot...maybe. But there are plenty of chairs around the pool for all.

And like others, we just make it simple....we will tip someone $20 or more the first day of our stay and ask them to set up those chairs for us every morning. It has always worked without fail. And we will once again tip at the end of the week.

But rest assured, there are plenty of chairs and beach beds for all.
beachnbaja
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 23 Jul 2021

Postby hoppercf » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:22 pm

beachnbaja wrote:We have never ever had an issue getting chairs. Ever. This would be the least of my worries at Pearl. Now, if you want an EXACT chair in an EXACT spot...maybe. But there are plenty of chairs around the pool for all.

And like others, we just make it simple....we will tip someone $20 or more the first day of our stay and ask them to set up those chairs for us every morning. It has always worked without fail. And we will once again tip at the end of the week.

But rest assured, there are plenty of chairs and beach beds for all.

:L :L
hoppercf
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Jun 2024

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl