Room Type and Trip Length

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Room Type and Trip Length

Postby df1122 » Sat May 29, 2021 1:22 pm

We just booked our first trip to Desire Pearl. We’ll be there at the end of Sept for 3 nights. I booked the master suite with plunge pool.

Is 3 nights long enough? I noticed most people go for longer than that but it’s our first trip so not sure what to expect.

Also, is the upgraded room worth it? Has anyone that stayed in this type of room actually used the plunge pool?

Thanks
df1122

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Oct 2021

Re: Room Type and Trip Length

Postby werfun » Sat May 29, 2021 5:12 pm

Since you have already booked the room I would suggest that you go and check it out for yourself and see if YOU think that it is worth it to you. Some people love it and others don't . So it is a question that only you can answer. Since we spend so little in the room it's not for us. IF you are looking to have others in your room it might be worth it to you. Again it is a question only you can answer.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby SecretSmileToday » Sat May 29, 2021 5:29 pm

df1122 wrote:We just booked our first trip to Desire Pearl. We’ll be there at the end of Sept for 3 nights. I booked the master suite with plunge pool.

Is 3 nights long enough? I noticed most people go for longer than that but it’s our first trip so not sure what to expect.

Also, is the upgraded room worth it? Has anyone that stayed in this type of room actually used the plunge pool?

Thanks

Second that your mileage may vary. Definitely talk it over with one another.

We had a plunge pool on our first stay and really enjoyed sharing it with a lovely couple we met. That said we decided for a more modest room the next time. We’re staying a week on our next visit, but that’s mainly because it’s such a long flight from the west coast... if we lived closer multiple short trips a year might appeal!
Pearl 12/22
Pearl 3/21
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 6/18
SecretSmileToday on Kasidie and sls
SecretSmileToday
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby beachnbaja » Sat May 29, 2021 5:35 pm

I think everyone is different.

For us, the Master Suite isn’t quite worth the money. If you are a couple that likes to host multiple people in your room for drinks, etc it would be. But it’s a LOT of space.

The Junior Suite is perfect for us. But we are likely in the minority on that one.

We are also probably in the minority on length of time. We love right at 4 nights. And we would be fine with 3. Some of this depends on where you are flying from. We usually do red-eyes on the way there and leave in the late afternoon on the way home so we get almost two free days there. That might skewer our thinking a bit.

But we would suggest you just go and have fun and enjoy all it has to offer. And come back for longer next time if you desire (see what I did there).
beachnbaja
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 23 Jul 2021

Postby tj71903 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:15 am

We started in the junior suite on our first trip and it was very comfortable.

Liked the Master because it's got the second bathroom. Don'/didn't use the plunge pools.

For the last six we've been in the Penthouse and next five this year we'll be in Mansion. Only perk of the Mansion that matters to me are the newer HVAC units. Penthouses have great views, but they get very warm as sun streams through the big floor to ceiling windows. Mansion view sucks, but I'm cooler there which is a must. PH pools are OK, but aside from some 3 AM swims, I don't really use them during warmer months. I do in the cooler times. Mansion bathrooms are top notch.

Trips usually four or five nights but four is a good top of the bell curve as it leaves us wanting more and so we come back.

We try to plan our trips around holidays (work) and special events and other destinations and the theme nights we enjoy (neon).

Really it's up to you as to what is enough, what you enjoy, etc. Our philosophy is that we don't know until we try. From there we can figure out the details and tweak things as much as possible.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby Vanilla Xtracts » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:55 am

Best thing about Pearl is it’s set up with amenities outside your room that enable you to adapt to what’s best for you each day. You’ve got a room booked now so stuck with that for sure. 3 nights is a great first trip length.

You can enjoy so much of the resort being outside your room and if you have a want to be in your room you’ve got a great one to be in. Once you go you’ll know how you want to nakation at Desire and that can help you decide on room class for your next trips back.

Have a great getaway.
Brian & Kath
VanillaXtracts / Naughty Nakations
Vanilla Xtracts
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Oct 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl