Cannabis

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Cannabis

Postby milehicouple » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:04 am

We are wandering about Cannabis use at the resort. Is is frowned upon? Allowed? Also does anyone have any experience taking edibles with them on the plane?
milehicouple

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 10 Aug 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

Re: Cannabis

Postby CokeMann » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:08 pm

The Desire properties have a zero tolerance drug use policy(including Cannabis) - if you are found using on resort property you will be ejected from the resort without refund.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby milehicouple » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:21 am

CokeMann wrote:The Desire properties have a zero tolerance drug use policy(including Cannabis) - if you are found using on resort property you will be ejected from the resort without refund.

Noted! Thanks for the intel.
milehicouple

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

Postby Sasifynyou » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:00 pm

The Desire properties have a zero tolerance drug use policy(including Cannabis) this is true. But I have gone to Pearl a few times now and have never had an issue. I just go for a walk down the beach, keep it very discreet. Finding it is the issue, lol. However, I am pretty sure soon the Mexico government may be legalizing cannabis; it would be sweet if they did 8) I hardly drink alcohol and my man drinks zero alcohol, a little bit of cannabis is a nice relaxing substance that I think would fit right in to the Pearl atmosphere, think cannabis infused drinks, edibles, and an area for canna smokers to gather. Hedonism now has a dispensary on site, one can pre order all their cannabis needs and have it waiting upon arrival; the way it should be done, civilized.
Sasifynyou

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 30 Dec 2013

Postby RJOC » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:33 am

milehicouple wrote:Also does anyone have any experience taking edibles with them on the plane?

Cannabis is still a Federal offense - and airspace is Federal. You're at extremely high risk trying to carry on the plane.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby northernlightscpl » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:26 pm

I think there may be more use than we know, despite it being illegal and how did they get it down here anyway. But I do agree Desire would have a very strict policy on open use of it and could be shut down. Having read this post, I have to relate a interesting incident and a 'one on me' on the use of cannabis at DRM about 4 trip ago. We were on our way back to our room from the hot tub and like most nights at 1 a.m. we couldn't resist stopping at the lobby bar for pizza and 'another beer'. After ordering, we sat down as usual wrapped in a towel and disco clothes rolled up under our arm or on the ground. The guy by himself the next table over spotted my Canadian flag tattoo on my arm and asked "where in Canada are you from ah". I told him Alberta and he replied he was from near Calgary (in Alberta) and was a farmer. Many large grain and wheat farms around Calgary. He moved over to our table and we chatted about escaping the winter and all things about home. Our pizzas were done and the beer was nearly gone. He pulled out a vaporizer and asked me if I ever tried Alberta 'Wheat'. I told him I have never used a vaporizer before and I knew you can get some crazy flavors from bubble gum to you name it. So being a congeal fellow Canadian (with a couple or more drinks from the hot tub) with my new Canadian friend, I though OK, vapping (at that time) was safe and if a farmer has a wheat flavor, why not. So he instructed me how to use the vaporizer, to completely exhale and draw in a big breathe to make it work. I really took his word for it, like when I was in law enforcement giving a breathalyzer, coaching the impaired driver to take the big breathe and blow until they can't blow anymore, but this was exhale and suck in. So, I sucked until I couldn't suck any more. He said do a few more, so I exhaled to zero and suck until no more and few more times. The rest of the story my wife will tell. Next morning at breakfast she said she was surprised that I would use cannabis and how funny I was after. He said 'have you ever tried Alberta weed', not 'wheat' as the farmer he was. I blamed it on the extra beer I had. First time for this ex cop. We had a good laugh. I never seen my Canadian friend again. Thanks for the experience. Our last trip Jan 2020 we were offered a brownie from some of our US friends who said they had no problem bring them down. Same trip but at Pearl, we were with another couple in their room late one night and someone was toking up some where not far away. So, illegal as it is, ya it happens there.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl