Shady areas at Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Shady areas at Pearl

Postby starsdtx » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:52 am

After reading many posts I had a couple of questions. First, congratulations on such a wonderful web forum you have created.
1. We have not been to Desire yet but want to go this winter. We enjoy talking with other couples but prefer to avoid weeks when several large groups will be there. Are there some weeks or months that mainly have groups and others that mainly have individual couples?

2. I do not do well in the sun even tho we love Mexican resorts. Even the reflected sun under an umbrella will cause a burn. Are there any areas that have more shade but where we can still be nude outside? Some resorts have porches or covered areas but I could not be sure from the Pearl photos if it does.
Thanks again to everyone for all the great info. We look forward to going this winter.

starsdtx

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 10 Dec 2021

Re: Shady areas at Pearl

Postby warmwaves » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:33 pm

In regards to your second question: the pool staff will make sure you can have shade if you want it. I don't know how they do it, but they always know how to position the umbrellas in the best way possible, and not interfere with the people who want full sun. We always take care of them as we appreciate their efforts.
warmwaves
Desire Lover

Postby RJOC » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:17 pm

The beach beds and lounge chairs have been shaded in the past (prior to the last storm).
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby LovingCoupleTN » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:17 pm

I also burn easily and applied 50 SPF multiple times a day.

While they have limited structural shade around the pool, they were happy to accommodate providing umbrellas and i was far enough away from the water that I never got burned. The swim up bar in the pool is shaded but only blocks the sun early and into mid day, but after that the sun is going down and the whole pool is in the sun. by the time afternoon playtime at the hot tub starts, the whole hot tub is shaded by buildings.
LovingCoupleTN

We arrive on: 16 Aug 2021

Postby starsdtx » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:59 pm

Thanks. I appreciate the perspectives.
starsdtx

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2021

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl