Wifi

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Wifi

Postby T&G » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:08 pm

My wife and I have scheduled our first trip to Desire Pearl this December. We each may need to take a few hours during the mornings to check in at work and make a few calls. Can anyone speak about the reliability of the Wi-Fi service at Desire? Is there an additional fee, is it more accessible from the room? Is there good access from the pool or beach? Would you recommend using my mobile phone hotspot instead?
T&G

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 07 Dec 2021

Re: Wifi

Postby mikeinnj » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:33 am

We’ve been able to use it in the room for FaceTime though at times it does get sluggish. Have done email at pool without issue too. Also our plan covers Mexico so at times I’ll switch to data if wifi starts to drag.
Kik: mikeinnj1
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:16 pm

:L what he said!!!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Stephncal » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:13 am

We were there in September and the Wi-Fi was unusable for anything more than email. I walked around the property looking for better Wi-Fi and was unsuccessful. Hopefully this has been fixed as it was not the case in the past.
Stephncal

We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby JimAndLiz » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:03 pm

We've been a half dozen times in the past 5 years or so. The wifi gets better each time, and when we were there in August it looked like they were adding more antennas on the beach side of the pool. That said, I have always found it to be hit or miss in the rooms. Some rooms it works great, others I can't get a signal at all. I have found it works well in the lobby (either the main lobby or the mansion lobby--if you are a member you can use that lobby whether you have a mansion room or not).
JimAndLiz

Postby tikihutguy » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:33 pm

No problem anywhere we tried last trip end of October. Had two different rooms Ocean View quiet end and Master Suite by Suki :)
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl