Amenities & Reservations

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Amenities & Reservations

Postby Flyankee » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:09 pm

My wife and I are traveling to Pearl for the first time in March. We’re really excited for our first clothing optional resort trip. Question for veterans of Pearl. I read that the better reservations, beach chairs, other items, are reserved for members, and that regular guests don’t have access to them. Is that true? If so, just how much are we not going to be able to take advantage of?
Flyankee
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: Amenities & Reservations

Postby KoalaStallions » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:17 pm

We are not members but we still feel well taken care of. I'd say that the really noticeable difference comes at getting prime time (e.g. 7:30 or 8:00pm) reservations at the seated restaurants - on our last visit in June 2021 it really was true that most of those slots went to members even when I tried to nab the spots first thing in the morning. Otherwise, one set of beach or pool seats is about as good as another, and in our experience staff treat ALL guests quite well.
KoalaStallions

We arrive on: 19 Dec 2016

Postby mrpskt » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:37 pm

We were there first week of Dec, for our 4th visit, all the same time of year. We are not members. On the first day each time, I sought out Victor at the pool, gave him a tip and he took care of us all week. We moved pool locations 3 times, 3 days in a row, till we were satisfied and then stayed there the rest of the week. He and his fellow pool staff treated us like royalty.
Each morning I was at Aphrodite at opening time (7 am) to make reservations. I had no trouble getting whatever time I wanted at whatever location. For some 7am may be extreme but it worked well for me and us. I had a feeling you could have showed up a bit later, but I wanted to be in control. I would get a latte by the lobby every morning and head to the restaurant.
I am guessing the hotel has busier weeks during the year and it may get a little more difficult. The key is timing, being nice, and tipping.
mrpskt
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2019

Postby Flyankee » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:15 pm

Thanks…great advice. I’ll be generous and see how it goes.
Flyankee
Desire Fan

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl