Length of stay for hesitant/conservative first timer?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Length of stay for hesitant/conservative first timer?

Postby Jakeg » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:21 pm

Getting ready to book Pearl. Will be our first time at anything like this. What's the best amount of time to spend at Pearl to experience the vibe while also slowly getting my wife comfortable without going overboard?
We were planning on March but with the covid spike and fear of having to quarantine we are now looking at October or November. Very much appreciate any and all opinions.
-eager husband/nervous wife-
Jakeg

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Nov 2022

Re: Length of stay for hesitant/conservative first timer?

Postby mikeinnj » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:42 pm

A week. Experience all the different days and themes as well as giving you ample time to settle in. My 2 cents.

Mike
Kik: mikeinnj1
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby wwpc » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:23 pm

4-5 nights its short enough to ease nerves and if you like it you will be booking again.
wwpc
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2023

Postby mrpskt » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:30 pm

7 nights.
mrpskt
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2019

Postby twototango » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:37 pm

Hello, we were in the same situation last May with a 3 night trip. We tried to extend our stay but our cx for a nice vanilla resort on the backend was too steep. I would say 5 nights. For us, our experience of Pearl made the vanilla resort even better, We played out nude on our balcony everyday after Pearl and talked and "communicated" about our experience and brave new world. Just my two cents. FWIW, we met some great people at Pearl and are friends with another couple who we have traveled to see concerts with last fall. All non-LS for us so far.... Our next trip is in April, finally!

A & G
twototango
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 06 Sep 2023

Postby newbies2012 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:01 pm

Our first trip was 3 nights and wasn't long enough. About the time we started to feel comfortable and mingle, it was time to leave. We feel the 5-7 nights is right for us. After 5 nights, I start to get restless and start thinking work piling up. My wife starts missing the kids. They are 23 and 19. :lol: but we do feel like 6 is perfect but want to do all the themes this next trip.
Newbies2013 on Kasidie
newbies2012
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jun 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby gaviao » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:52 pm

I share a recent experience: During the break of just over two years that I had with my wife, I had a girlfriend for 8 months. She was very conservative, to the point that she had never worn a bikini, let alone practiced topless or nudism, but she knew of my fondness for these places and she wanted to accompany me.
As preparation, in August 2020 I took her to a small resort, clothing optional but “vanilla” in all other aspects; I didn't even give her the option of packing a bathing suit; she loved the experience.
So I thought she was ready for Desire, where we went in November, for three nights only. Being naked was no longer a challenge, but doing some sexual activities in public cost her a little more. The second day we had sex in the jacuzzi beds and at night in the playroom. At dawn on the last day she told me that she would have liked to do some soft swinging… but it was too late. So we came back for the 29th of January, during the ISM, again only for three nights. The difference is that that time we were already on defined objectives and we enjoyed it to the fullest.
So my recommendation for newbies is that you book at least 4 nights, and above all that they are aware that time flies by in Desire and that the opportunity that comes your way one day may not come again.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby Jakeg » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:48 pm

Thank you for all the replies! Gavia, I believe what happened with your GF will be how this plays out with my wife:). Just talking about it last night led to an amazing fun play time!
We just booked 5 nights for early November. I bet we end up booking another trip sooner also.
Jakeg

We arrive on: 01 Nov 2022

Postby randtcanucks2 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:45 am

Good plan. We like 4-5 nights, option is to fly in and cancun hotel first night to get travel done. Early to Desire 4 or 5 nights it plenty but do ensure you are there thurs-sun so you get the foam party, the busy vibe etc. Enjoy.
randtcanucks2
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 24 Sep 2020

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl