Doubts New Spanish Couple

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Doubts New Spanish Couple

Postby David® » Mon May 02, 2022 1:04 pm

Hello everyone !

We will be at Desire Pearl in August 2022
We are from Spain and we don't speak English very well... do you know if the guests speak Spanish?
I see that almost all clients are English speaking but I would like to ask about your experience.

thank you!!

:D
David®

We are from: Spain

Re: Doubts New Spanish Couple

Postby Hector » Tue May 03, 2022 1:51 am

Don't worry, there are many guests from Central and South America, and some from Europe and other places. You don't need to be very fluent in English to enjoy in the environment. Afterall, Mexico is a Spanish speaking country. :)
Hector
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Postby David® » Tue May 03, 2022 7:52 am

Hello Hector.

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, we have already been to Mexico and we know that everyone speaks Spanish, what worried me is that in this particular hotel (Desire Pearl) it seems that the majority of clients who stay in it are English speakers.

Do you think that more than 50% of the clients are English-speaking?

Thank you so much!! :D
David®

Postby 13sX » Tue May 03, 2022 9:55 am

David® wrote:Do you think that more than 50% of the clients are English-speaking? :D

It will vary week to week but my guess is that more than 50% of the guests are English-speaking. However, don’t underestimate the ability of the staff and other guests to step in and help bridge the gap with communication along with tools like Google translator. We have seen some pretty interesting things happen this way.
13sxGW on KIK
13sX
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 09 Nov 2023

Postby gaviao » Tue May 03, 2022 11:27 am

Amigos:
La proporción de angloparlantes en una semana típica en cualquiera de los Desire es -yo diría- de más del 70%. Y como alguien dijera alguna vez, refiriéndose a vuestro rey Alfonso XIII: "Su majestad es un eminente monóglota", así suelen ser los estadunidenses que nos visitan.
Sin embargo, no deseo desanimaros. Mi inglés es bastante rústico y el de mi pareja es cercano a cero; esa circunstancia nunca nos ha impedido tener excelente comunicación con muchos de los huéspedes. El ambiente de Desire vence muchas barreras, la idiomática entre ellas.

Que tengan excelente viaje y disfruten de este paraíso para adultos.

Gabriel.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby Hector » Fri May 06, 2022 2:47 am

Hi David

You are probably right, the fact that majority of guests are coming from the US makes English the most used language in the resort. Unless you are in a business situation, and depending on how much you like to interact with other guests, casual English is enough for you and your partner to enjoy yourselves in the resort. I can not tell whether your English will make you a good stay at the resort, only after you experience your self can tell.

I know there are many excellent naturists resorts in Spain, but Desire is a classy naturist resort + much spice. Just go and enjoy.
Hector
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri May 06, 2022 10:05 am

Another perspective, aside from the above, there are many guests from California, Texas and Florida who speak perfect Spanish as well as others who can hold a casual conversation so don't worry one bit as to your ability to interact with most guests. I've helped translate for my wife in situations that ended very, very nicely!!!

Que tengan excelente viaje y disfruten la bellesa de Desire!

El Cubano con la rubia bella!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby desireaddict » Fri May 06, 2022 10:49 am

"Su majestad es un eminente monóglota"

What is the term for a person who speaks two languages? Bilingual
What is the term for a person who speaks three languages? Tri-lingual
What is the term for a person who speaks only one language? American
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby David® » Sat May 07, 2022 7:52 am

Thank you all for the answers.

In venerable, you have reassured us a bit... although I hope to be lucky and that it is in August the clients who visit the hotel speak Spanish!! :-(w) :lol: :lol:
David®

Postby David® » Sat May 07, 2022 7:58 am

What I want to say is that I'm sure we're going to have a good time no matter what. The secret is in the mind... but, if in addition to everything, there are people who speak Spanish, the better!

I just called the hotel and they told me that in August some guests from Chile and Argentina come.

And he told me that he has never seen any Spanish client!!!

Will we be the first? :roll:

I do not think so....
David®

Postby gaviao » Mon May 09, 2022 7:44 am

I'm pretty sure we've known at least a Spanish couple in one of our visits to Pearl. I couldn't forget them because she was gorgeous and very, very sexy.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby David® » Wed May 11, 2022 11:33 am

gaviao wrote:

I'm pretty sure we've known at least a Spanish couple in one of our visits to Pearl. I couldn't forget them because she was gorgeous and very, very sexy.

Thanks Gaviao!!

>-p
David®

Postby Ricardocere » Wed May 11, 2022 6:05 pm

Hola David:
Acabo de regresar del Pearl y he estado allí varias veces. La realidad es que el 90% de los huéspedes hablan inglés. Pero siempre, siempre, he encontrado huéspedes de habla hispana. Todo el personal habla español. Cuando llegues, pídele a la gente de entretenimiento (play makers) que te los vayan presentando.
Ricardocere
Desire Convert

We are from: Argentina
We arrive on: 11 Apr 2016

Postby David® » Wed May 11, 2022 11:12 pm

Ricardocere wrote:Hola David:
Acabo de regresar del Pearl y he estado allí varias veces. La realidad es que el 90% de los huéspedes hablan inglés. Pero siempre, siempre, he encontrado huéspedes de habla hispana. Todo el personal habla español. Cuando llegues, pídele a la gente de entretenimiento (play makers) que te los vayan presentando.

Gracias Ricardocere!!!

Es cierto lo que me ha dicho el chico de recepción del hotel en cuanto a las vacaciones de los Argentinos?? Me dice que suelen viajar casi siempre en Agosto, por lo que tendremos más posibilidades de conocer amigos argentinos que en otros meses del año.

Arriba Argentina, el mate y el dulce de leche!!!! :ARG :ARG :ARG :ARG :ARG
David®

Postby livinginthe303 » Sat May 14, 2022 12:09 pm

Aunque soy estadounidense, estudié en Buenos Aires durante algunos años y me encanta practicar hablar español. Mi esposa y yo visitamos Pearl varias veces al año y la cantidad de hispanohablantes aumenta con cada visita, ¡lo cual creo que es increíble! Ahora, con la relajación de la pandemia, debería incluir muchos más visitantes europeos y latinoamericanos como antes. El personal interactúa con todos y estará encantado de señalar quiénes son los otros hispanohablantes. Definitivamente no te sentirás solo.

Una diferencia cultural que he notado es que, especialmente los estadounidenses, parecen ser demasiado amigables hasta el punto de que parece falso para los europeos, pero es auténtico. Cuando no sienten el mismo entusiasmo a cambio, se siente como si quisieras que te dejen en paz. Sonríe y haz contacto visual. Descubrirá que la mayoría tiene al menos una base mínima del idioma español.
livinginthe303

We arrive on: 05 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl