Question about beach traffic from non-resort guests

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Question about beach traffic from non-resort guests

Postby Jas_n_Ash » Tue May 17, 2022 4:05 pm

We are going on our first trip in June and one thing we'd really love to do is be with each other in the ocean and/or the beds by the ocean. However, the last thing we'd want is someone from another resort to come walking by (especially if its a family). So the question is, how often do you see people on the beach in front of Pearl that aren't staying at the resort? Are they warned not to wander down the beach too far? Thanks!
Jas_n_Ash
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: Question about beach traffic from non-resort guests

Postby CokeMann » Tue May 17, 2022 4:38 pm

FYI - all beaches in Mexico are public, everyone has right to use the beach area - ie generally understood to be, up to about 20m inland from the high tide mark

When Pearl opened there where signs put up at each end of the Pearl beachfront warning that public nudity might be observed if they went beyond the signs - however the local council of the Puerto Morelos area requested that the signs be removed, and the the resort complied and removed them.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby UsAndYou » Tue May 17, 2022 5:31 pm

CokeMann wrote:FYI - all beaches in Mexico are public, everyone has right to use the beach area - ie generally understood to be, up to about 20m inland from the high tide mark

When Pearl opened there where signs put up at each end of the Pearl beachfront warning that public nudity might be observed if they went beyond the signs - however the local council of the Puerto Morelos area requested that the signs be removed, and the the resort complied and removed them.

We just got back Sunday and at least 1 sign, on the Puerto Morelos side, has been put back up warning of nudity, and requested that you not take pics/vids, etc. I can't say about the other end as I didn't go north past the pier entrance.
UsAndYou
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA

Postby gaviao » Wed May 18, 2022 7:56 am

Unlike DRM, where there is little foot traffic, most of it from Breathless and some other adult resorts, Pearl is much more frequented by people, mainly on weekends. Nobody seems to care that there are naked guests sunbathing or swimming in the sea, it has become a custom, to the point that on the beach next to Pearl, on the way to Puerto Morelos, there are even some nudists.
I, who have a house in Playa del Carmen where I go for work every month, usually go to Pearl Beach to sunbathe naked. Nudism has become completely accepted in that area.
There is no cause for concern, although I do strongly recommend not performing any act of a sexual nature, which could become an offense (or crime) if performed in front of minors.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl