Pearl has messed up my sailing vacations

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Pearl has messed up my sailing vacations

Postby Oilnlotion » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:52 pm

Our vacations over the last 10 years have been filled with fantastic sailing adventures around the world.
A few months ago I was goofing around on the internet and stumbled across the Desire Resorts. As a semi-joke I went to my wife and told her I booked us at Pearl. When she looked at it and read what it was about, she thought that might be fun. I immediately cancelled the Sailing trip we had planned and booked 4 days (that’s the most consecutive days we could find) at Pearl.
As we got into the planning, clothes shopping and reading the forums for ideas, we decided to see if we could piece together a few more days—naively thinking that it would be easy. However, we lucked into finding 3 more days.
As we counted down the days, we had some fun with the idea of what we were about to head in to.
We are not in the life style, nor do we have plans to participate in the LS—not that there’s any wrong with that, it’s just not part of what we want for our relationship.
We had multiple discussions about comfort-levels, activities we would be comfortable with, and getting outside of our comfort zones and pushing our boundaries. All great discussions.
When we arrived at Pearl I believe the reality of facing our comfort levels was a little more difficult than we had expected, so we needed to regroup and approach things with a slower pace. The first day was a little more than we were prepared for; the second day our comfort level was doing great, and the rest of our days at Pearl were—as advertised—a fantastic experience for us.

The tough part: we have now cancelled another sailing trip and are booked back at Pearl this winter!!!
Oilnlotion

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022

Re: Pearl has messed up my sailing vacations

Postby eddieandjojo » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:51 pm

Welcome to the Desire addiction!!!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby TandD » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:03 am

I know what you mean! For us, our sailing charter in/on St. Martin got us going to Desire. My wife got topless and micro on the boat anchored in the tropics and trips to Desire followed that.

I've always fantasized of a "Desire friends" charter. We aren't LS either (but we have stepped into the fuzzy boundary a few times...) and a big cat with Desire free spirits could be a lot of fun!
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby tj71903 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:35 pm

It’s definitely addicting.

Hard to find couples to travel with though.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:41 pm

TandD wrote:I've always fantasized of a "Desire friends" charter.

Find the right group and it's a blast!! We have developed a core group over the past number of years, we all get along, contribute equally and have an amazing time together at least twice a year outside of Desire.
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby ninaandfrank » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:32 pm

Frank:
Nina is an avid sailor. She actually has won championship regattas in blind sailing. We know that Desire can arrange for a full day catamaran sail. However I think it requires 4 couples. Since this will be our first go-around we don't have a cirlce of friends to do it with. It must be a great experience. Uselss trivia ... Nina and I fell in love on a catamaran in the Caribbean 18 years ago.
Some are reigniting the flame. Ours never burned out. Just dumping gas on it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby d&lcok » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:20 pm

My wife and I are both avid sailers (competitive around the country for years, but now just bareboat charters for fun around the world). Our love of Desire has also greatly decreased time for sailing trips, but we, too, think a naked catamaran charter somewhere in the Caribbean or Europe would be awesome! We did a Bahamas trip this summer with a group of vanilla friends, and had a blast, but the whole time we were thinking how fun it'd be to spend the days naked with some likeminded friends. Definitely something we're going to try to set up somewhere down the road. Just need to find 3 other couples who are into sailing and into no tan lines!!!! ;-)
d&lcok
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 18 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Bruce&Pam » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:20 pm

I call it "Vacation Crack". Once you do it, you never want to do anything else. :P

---Bruce
Bruce&Pam
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2023

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl