Ground Floor Rooms

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Ground Floor Rooms

Postby desireaddict » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:37 am

My wife cannot do flights of steps easily since having a heart attack. We booked the basic "Deluxe Ocean View" room category and I'm looking over a map with the buildings and room numbers trying to determine what rooms are Ground Floor. Can I assume the lower number are ground floor? For example, the Seahorse Building is rooms 31-43. 13 rooms total. So are 31-34 all ground level? Haven't been able to find much detail info about the rooms.

TYIA
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Re: Ground Floor Rooms

Postby tj71903 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:33 pm

There's usually 3-4 rooms per building on the ground floor. The lowest numbers are the ground floor rooms.

Make sure you document the medical need with early check-in, etc.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby Viva-Vegas » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:12 pm

We asked for a ground floor room earlier this month, and they put us in room 31. Might have been the best room - No stairs but 1 step to get into the room. And some steps out the patio to go towards the pool. But overall no issues with high heels late at night.
Viva-Vegas

We arrive on: 02 Apr 2020

Postby red88vette » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:20 pm

Grd fl rms in Seahorse, 31, 32, 35, 36 (they all have some inclined grd, 31 and 36 the most ). Rm 33 and 34 are great, straight walk out but they are Jr. Suites. Seashell rms 44, 45 and 48, some incline on the grd. Good luck.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby desireaddict » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:13 pm

Thanks for all the informative replies!
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

Postby desireaddict » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:14 pm

Thought I'd follow up and thank everyone who gave a comment.
We were upgraded to Master Suite (I think it was #13 or #16) ....which was.....very "suite" (sweet?). Great room(s), two adjoining rooms; two BRs, great OV balcony. It certainly beats our "regular" room of choice at DRM.

Gotta say service was on par with DRM almost. The "almost" is because we have many, many trips to DRM and I do feel we get extra special considerations there Our first trip to DRM was (I think) 2004 (there was still a beach and even a pier, plus that crappy wading pool near the Lobby Bar). So many of the staff we have known for years. We were very happy to see Sr Eldiberto at Pearl as we had missed him at DRM and thought perhaps he had retired.

We do think Pearl lacks as much social atmosphere as DRM due to fewer rooms but larger facilities -- larger pool(s), larger hot tub. While we missed the view from the DRM jacuzzi, we did not miss the steps. Health considerations will not permit us to make as many trips each year for now, but I do think we will return to DRM when we can.
desireaddict
Desire Legend

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl