Pearl for Christmas, but need a hotel recommendation for one

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Pearl for Christmas, but need a hotel recommendation for one

Postby ninaandfrank » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:49 am

Hi all, after a fun and successful adventure to DRM this past September, we have decided to try Pearl. We are going to spend Christmas there. We have a Penthouse suite booked from December 19 through December 26. Due to the way Delta airlines had flight availability we will fly in on the 18, a day before our Pearl booking. We will need a place to stay for the night of December 18. Can anyone recommend a hotel close to the airport that has a restaurant that we can spend one night, grab dinner, and then leave in the morning for Pearl? Also, how do we get from the airport to that hotel? What service is recommended and how do we book it? Thanks

Frank
Some are reigniting the flame. Ours never burned out. Just dumping gas on it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Pearl for Christmas, but need a hotel recommendation for

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:34 am

First of all congrats on a successful DRM trip! Okay, as to your questions, easy peasy, we do it all the time and typically stay at the Marriott Courtyard or Fairfiled Inn which are located in the same area and only minutes from the airport. You can set up your transfers through USA for all legs of your travel, you can do it online or simply call and explain what you want to do with dates/times. You'll love Pearl, great time of year to hit the resort....and the hot tub is awesome at night with the cooler temps.
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby ninaandfrank » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:21 am

OK, thanks, I'll check into one of those two hotels you mentioned to see if they have any rooms for that night. Much appreciated.
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

Postby gaviao » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:32 pm

I would prefer the NH Cancun Airport, because it is on the way to Desire, not the other way, like Fairfield and Courtyard. Take into account that there are road works under construction and that takes a lot of time.
NH has a more than decent bar and restaurant and the hotel is very comfortable. From $80 to $98 a night, depending type of room.

https://www.nh-hotels.com.mx/hotel/nh-c ... lsrc=aw.ds
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:41 pm

We will be staying at NH for the first time in Feb. Since we haven't stayed before, we did not feel comfortable recommending it....but glad to see it's another good option.
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby gaviao » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:33 am

I do not understand the tendency of Americans to always prefer companies from their country over those from other nations. Finally, both the Fairfield and the Courtyard in Cancun are Mexican companies operating under Marriott franchises. In the case of NH, the owner of the building is also a Mexican company (Palace Resorts) and the operator is NH México, a subsidiary of NH Spain.
I know NH because my company produced and installed the signage for that hotel and I can tell you that its standards of quality and service are at a very good level for a business category hotel.
Finally, remember that Original Resorts, owners and operators of Desire, is a 100% Mexican company. And boy do we like it!
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby ninaandfrank » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:11 am

Thank you very much. We booked a night at the NH Cancun and we will post a review after we stay there.
gaviao wrote:I do not understand the tendency of Americans to always prefer companies from their country over those from other nations. Finally, both the Fairfield and the Courtyard in Cancun are Mexican companies operating under Marriott franchises. In the case of NH, the owner of the building is also a Mexican company (Palace Resorts) and the operator is NH México, a subsidiary of NH Spain.
I know NH because my company produced and installed the signage for that hotel and I can tell you that its standards of quality and service are at a very good level for a business category hotel.
Finally, remember that Original Resorts, owners and operators of Desire, is a 100% Mexican company. And boy do we like it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl