Yet another newbie post

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Yet another newbie post

Postby lamachs » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:17 pm

My wife and I are planning a trip for January and Desire Pearl caught our eye.

One thing we question is that the reviews seem to be all over the map. I don't consider us fancy or foodies but we do like to stay in nice places, eat good meals, have good service, etc. Some reviews say DP is like this, some say it isn't.

We also want to use our next vacation to spend quality time together and she really wants to sit naked on the beach. Neither one of us are body shy and in decent shape for being 51.

I've read no means no but want to know what to expect as the liquor flows throughout the day. One review said DP is turning into Hedo, which is not what we want.

I've heard mention of the quiet side of the pool, I assume this is away from bar. We also aren't in the lifestyle but have had a few experiences and if anything does happen she will lead it. I like DP due to that possibility but also need her to be comfortable. I know this sounds a bit prudish.

Is DP the right place for us or would we be better off somewhere else?
lamachs
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 02 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Yet another newbie post

Postby mikeinnj » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:51 pm

The quiet end of the pool is further away from the bar but not that long of a walk/swim away. Hanging out on the beach will largely depend on how bad the sargassum is while you are there. If bad it stinks and if not the beach is fine to hang out on.

As far as turning into hedo, not sure what that means. No single guys at Pearl. Most guests are respectful but occasionally someone gets too drunk and maybe a little handsy without permission. We’ve found repeat offenders usually get shunned quickly though.

I’d say it’s a great place for you. You can be as alone or social as you like regardless of which end of the pool you sit at or if you hang on the beach beds.

We are back in 48 days but who is counting?

Mike
Kik: mikeinnj1
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby gaviao » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:25 pm

Pearl is a great choice for people like you. When they opened, my then wife and I moved out of RM, looking for more peaceful place and found it. That's not to say there isn't action, if you're interested.
We don't know Hedo, but I doubt Pearl is anything like that place.
Here, you can be anywhere you choose: the active side of the pool or the huge Jacuzzi without having to participate in anything you don't want to.
Keep in mind that during January the ISM is celebrated, which will increase the chances of sexual activity everywhere, except in restaurants; but that shouldn't intimidate you unless it bothers to see sex six feet from you.
On the other hand, January is a good month for the sargassum issue on the beach, the level will be low to none, so you can enjoy it. A warning: being a public beach, people pass by constantly throughout the day, mainly on weekends. Everyone is used to seeing nudism, but I do not recommend that you have sex on the beach beds, because sometimes minors pass by.
On Saturdays and Sundays some people who like nudism go and we occupy a small part of the beach, without intervening with the Desire guests; hardly more than 5 or 6 people. (I live partially in Playa del Carmen, so I am 25 minutes from Pearl).

Enoy your trip!
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby lamachs » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:15 am

Thanks for the replies. What is ISM?
lamachs
Desire Fan

Will be at:  

Postby gaviao » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:56 am

ISM is Internationas Swingers Month, every January.
The differences are:
You can have sexual activities everywhere except in restaurants (I'd say 20-30% take advantage of it)
They accept trios FMF in the same room (during our stay in January 2021 there were just 2 trios), and femenine couples and trios (we didn't see any).
There are some special activities like massage work shop, tantra, etc. (I think there is a calendar).
I hope the information was useful.
gaviao
Desire Legend

Postby nokidclub » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:47 pm

Yes, and they now call it Desire Lifestyle Month. The crowd is pretty similar to a typical Desire crowd. We love the extra pool parties and permissiveness of the resort during this time.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby tj71903 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:44 am

lamachs wrote:My wife and I are planning a trip for January and Desire Pearl caught our eye.

One thing we question is that the reviews seem to be all over the map. I don't consider us fancy or foodies but we do like to stay in nice places, eat good meals, have good service, etc. Some reviews say DP is like this, some say it isn't.

We also want to use our next vacation to spend quality time together and she really wants to sit naked on the beach. Neither one of us are body shy and in decent shape for being 51.

I've read no means no but want to know what to expect as the liquor flows throughout the day. One review said DP is turning into Hedo, which is not what we want.

I've heard mention of the quiet side of the pool, I assume this is away from bar. We also aren't in the lifestyle but have had a few experiences and if anything does happen she will lead it. I like DP due to that possibility but also need her to be comfortable. I know this sounds a bit prudish.

Is DP the right place for us or would we be better off somewhere else?

Only way to find out is to try it out. Not sure it makes sense to go to Desire (or Cancun in general) for the beach (many other better beaches in the world), but that's just my personal preference. You go for the experience and the environment.

Nobody will be aggressive toward you most likely. The ones who can't hold it together are generally tragic and easy to move away from. I wouldn't worry about any of it at all.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby lamachs » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:57 am

Thank you for the replies. I do have one more question though.

Although I'm 51, I do tend to get erect pretty easily. What is protocol if this happens? Roll over? Does it happen frequently to others by the pool or on the beach?
lamachs
Desire Fan

Will be at:  

Postby tj71903 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:37 pm

lamachs wrote:Thank you for the replies. I do have one more question though.

Although I'm 51, I do tend to get erect pretty easily. What is protocol if this happens? Roll over? Does it happen frequently to others by the pool or on the beach?

No, it doesn't happen frequently. If it does, common sense should prevail.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby FraserMacDaddy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:18 pm

This isn't like a 'vanilla' nudist resort (if such a thing exists.)

If you get hard, cool. Hell, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would suggest you should stand up and say "Hey everyone! Ring Toss!"
FraserMacDaddy
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 23 Sep 2021

Postby Cheers2US » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:06 pm

I've been to Desire several times: it's not a problem. We see it all the time. OK well, not ALL the time, but it isn't uncommon to see. No worries, we've all seen it before!

- Mrs C
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby gaviao » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:55 pm

As you've read, there is no problem at all.
Desire Resorts are not AANR facilities; eroticism is encouraged and nobody considers bad taste a guy walking with a good woody. You must feel proud of it.
gaviao
Desire Legend

Postby lamachs » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:51 am

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

The wife is good with going, so we'll give it a shot.

She said I could post some nudes as a thank you for the information but can't figure out how.
lamachs
Desire Fan

Will be at:  

Postby gaviao » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:04 pm

She said I could post some nudes as a thank you for the information but can't figure out how.

You must upload the picture to a host website (I use flickr); then, copy and paste the link for the image.
Here an example, picture of my girlfriend (my wife for 18 years)
gaviao
Desire Legend

Postby golfandsun88 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:18 pm

Your Newbie questions are valid...we had similar questions 2 years ago before our 1st trip...our 3rd trip is coming in April, 2023!

To address your concerns:
-No means No is correct... You will never be pressured into anything. The people are great...we never had an inappropriate experience at any time...we have only gone in April so cannot speak for the crowd in January.
-Compared to Hedo...we have never been there so cannot compare.
-Quiet side of pool...Our very first day we spent at quiet side...every day after we went to the other side. The water is cooler on the quiet side (there is a wall at water level), the bar, restroom, restaurant is a little further away from quiet side (no big deal) but mostly we liked the other side because it was just more socially appealing to us. We are in our 50s and by no means into big party scenes...is was not like this...it was just more active and more fun.
-Be willing to meet people and socially engage. This will put you both at ease and will make for a really fun experience.

Other recommendations:
-Plan to dress for theme nights. I suggest that the "male" be very pro-active in planning on attire that is waaaay out of your comfort zone...communicate this as you and the wife are planning...this will make her MORE comfortable in choosing her own outfits...TRUST ME...you will love that she is willing to be more risque!
-It truly is "All about the women" at Desire...as it should be and the women LOVE that.
-Make it a fun week by being socially active.
-Respecting the fact that everyone has different standards and tastes for food...we mutually agree that the food there is average at best. We enjoy premium meals on vacation...but don't feel this is the case there..which is fine, since it is not about the food at Desire...it's about everything else.

Reach out if you would like more information or suggestions. Enjoy!
golfandsun88
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 23 Apr 2023

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl