Typical Day Timing

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Typical Day Timing

Postby lamachs » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:27 pm

Hi,

My wife and I have a few questions on what a typical day looks like. I know that's subjective.

When do you go to the beach or pool?
Lunch at the pool or beach?
What time do you go to dinner?
What time do you go to the night club?

We'll figure out bed time.

Thanks.
lamachs
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 02 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Typical Day Timing

Postby Pootnesq » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:49 am

We are usually at breakfast around 8:30, pool by 9, lunch at 1, hot tub at 4, dinner at 8 and bed varies. The right meetups or other distractions can cause that schedule to shift a bit!
SLS - Pootnesq
Kik - PootnesqNY
Pootnesq
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby golfandsun88 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:08 pm

We have been to Pearl 2 times over the last 2 years and our 3rd trip is in April. We have learned to follow a bit of routine that works best for us. Here you go:

Daily Timing:
-Go down to pool stand for chair reservation (7:00-8:00 am).
-Make dinner reservations each morning (as early as possible). Found that we most often had options of 6:30 or 9:00.
-When ready for pool (9:00-9:30), we drop our stuff off at chairs then go to Aphrodite for breakfast.
-Grab lunch whenever (1:00-2:00) at Aphrodite or grill outside.
-Pound water ALL DAY to stay hydrated.
-I may grab a beer or 2 around 2:00. (Pizza is pretty good).
-Cocktails start around 3:00 as pool games start.
-Pool bar closes by 4:30.
-We would head to hot tub 4:00-4:15 to beat the crowd to hot tub bar. (Bring 1 towel each from pool chair).
-Stay in hot tub until we need to get to room to get ready for dinner (leave by 5:45-6:00).

Evening Timing:
-Leave hot tub by 5:45-6:00.
-Dinner 6:30-7:30.
-Grab cocktails from Lobby Bar or Hot tub Bar 7:45 and sit at beds near quiet side of pool.
-Grab 2nd cocktail from Hot tub Bar and stay at bed.
-Typically evening event starts 9:00-9:30 so head to room to change into theme night attire.
-Hot tub after shows = Stay until 1:00-2:00 (wear robes from room and 1 towel).

Hope this helps!
golfandsun88
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 23 Apr 2023

Postby werfun » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:44 pm

We say that you are on vacation so why worry about a days timing except for dinner. You are at Desire to get away from any type of time frame that you may have at home. Just enjoy your stay and if you miss one of your daily timing by a few minutes so be it. You might be doing someing better than your time table has listed. So just enjoy your trip as a time table will come back as soon as you leave Desire.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby spanky67 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:12 pm

Our first trip was in June. I will tell you that so far everyone's answers are pretty accurate...including the "don't worry about a schedule, you're on vacay and it will take care of itself." I also understand the nerves of a first trip, FOMO, and just generally wanting to fit in. Here's what we did.

First off we are members so our butler made all our dinner reservations. We are gym people so we would stop by the pool, get chairs and head to the gym around 8ish. About an hour later, we'd hit Aphrodite for breakfast. We ate a big breakfast as lunch was sort of a moving target. We'd go back to our room, get our shit together and be at pool sometime between 11-12. Personally, I'd skip the beach...and we're big beach people. All the fun, and 99% of the people are around the pool. It's not an early rising crowd, so the pool is still pretty quiet around noon. We're not big day-drinkers, so it was hydrate, hydrate, hydrate all day. We'd usually get some sort of snack around 3p...could be pizza, could be something from the kitchen (Pro tip: you can pretty much ask for any sort of food. If they have it, they will make it...we ordered "off menu" pretty much every afternoon). We also started our drinking around 3p. Call us lightweights...but we can remember every event from those 7 days!! The pool starts to empty out around 4ish. Some hit the jacuzzi, so go nap. You'll probably miss something good/funny/sexy if you nap...but you'll soon figure out how important that nap can be

We'd leave the jacuzzi around 6-630p to get ready for dinner...we usually had a rez around 8ish (pro tip: always make a dinner rez for 4 people...it's a great way to make friends and get to know people). I'm not sure if we actually went to any of the reservations we made. We would meet people in the pool/jacuzzi and either they would come with us or us with them.

We'd run back to our room, throw on theme night clothes and get to the disco usually in time to plow through 1 drink just as the doors were opening for the show. We'd hang out for the show, then make fools of ourselves on the dance floor for about an hour (usually about the time it was thinning out).

From there, it was straight to the jacuzzi for late night trouble. Don't worry about going back to your room. Unless the place is mobbed, there will be plenty of towels at the jacuzzi. Keep in mind, we were there in June so nights were pretty warm. We'd stay at the jacuzzi until it closed. We really had no concept of time, so I'd assume it was sometime around 2-3a.

Once you get there, and get through your first day, every other day will take care of itself. I know how useless that advice is to a first time visitor...but it really will make sense once you get into the flow. Hence the "don't get hung up on schedule" being good advice.

I won't tell you to relax and enjoy yourself, as I distinctly remember how impossible that was as the date approached.

We're heading back in about 20 days, and just typing this has given me such great memories of our time.
spanky67
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 07 Jun 2022

Postby tj71903 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:01 am

lamachs wrote:Hi,

My wife and I have a few questions on what a typical day looks like. I know that's subjective.

When do you go to the beach or pool?
Lunch at the pool or beach?
What time do you go to dinner?
What time do you go to the night club?

We'll figure out bed time.

Thanks.

We're there a fair bit and our 'schedule' rarely changes. I'm up (regardless of when we go to bed) by 6:30. I generally sit outside on the swing or at the pool or hot tub (depending on room category) and work answering emails, completing assignments, etc. Around 7:40 or so she's up and we generally walk over to breakfast at Aphrodite just before 8. Along the way we drop off our cups with the staff and they let us know they'll set up the chairs and umbrellas for us. After eating we do a lap or two around the resort, say hello to the arriving staff at the lobby and then walk around the resort once more.

Once we've walked around we head back to the room for another round of day starting emails/work and then hit the pool around 9:15 or so. Hang out reading until around 11 when I go to play beach volleyball. Sometimes she comes to watch, other times she hangs out in the chairs. Once the games are finished I will either head to pool for games (basketball, football, polo, etc) or back to the chairs (Zumba, aerobics, water dancing). We'll hang out until around 12:30 or 1 when the butlers will come get us and as if we want lunch in the room or at the chairs. Usually we go to the room and eat and relax until around 2:50 when we'll head back to pool for afternoon activities. After either pool or beach volleyball in the afternoon (determined solely on the number of participants in the pool .. more than 5 on 5 is TOO MANY), we generally head back to the room to relax until dinner at 7.

Finish dinner and then up to the lobby at 9:30 for the hour of lobby fun then to the disco at 10:30. Depending on the crowd we will go to hot tub, mansion playroom, or our room after the disco show. That's all very subjective.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl