Split time. Vanilla and Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Split time. Vanilla and Pearl

Postby pijomo » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:26 pm

I tried a search or two without any luck. We are looking to spend 3 or 4 nights at a vanilla nearby resort before staying at Pearl 3 or 4 nights. Is there a resort nearby on the low $ end that people on this forum use frequently? Trip will be early June. We don’t want much. Just beach chairs and a starter tan with lines to later get rid of.
Kik - runstoprun
pijomo
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Jun 2024

Re: Split time. Vanilla and Pearl

Postby gaviao » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:29 pm

I'd stay at Arrecifes Suites, Las Casitas or We Hotel. The first two are directly on the beach, 800 meters from Desire Pearl. You guys could walk to Desire every day and do like we do when we're not staying there: we take Tommy Bahama folding chairs, umbrellas and a small cooler and set up in front of Desire where we can be naked. In fact, once you get past The Fives, all that deserted beach up to Desire is considered clothing optional.
You can get a room in those hotels from around $60 USD. Restaurant options are many in Puerto Morelos, from cheap to haute cuisine.
On the day of check-in you can arrive from 9:00 AM and have breakfast at DP. On the day of check out, if you vacate the room at 12, you can stay until 6 in the afternoon, enjoying the facilities, restaurants and bars.
Contact me by message and we could arrange to lend you the necessary equipment, which I have at my house in Playa del Carmen, where I go once a month.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby Lovefun » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:25 pm

We are thinking of staying at either the Arrecifes or Las Casitas hotel the night prior our to stay at Desire. Do you walk to Desire via the beach and if so how do you get to the lobby to check in? And lastly how early can you check in or beginning hanging out out at Desire? Thank you for your help!
Lovefun

We arrive on: 26 Jun 2024

Postby Lookinforfun » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:32 pm

The last couple times we spend our first night at the Hilton garden by the airport, we eat and chill out get a good rest and have a usa transfer for 9am the next day. We're at the resort by 930? And check in and hav had good experience with that.
Lookinforfun
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 25 Feb 2023

Postby spanky67 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:28 pm

Lookinforfun wrote:The last couple times we spend our first night at the Hilton garden by the airport, we eat and chill out get a good rest and have a usa transfer for 9am the next day. We're at the resort by 930? And check in and hav had good experience with that.

We did the exact same thing our last trip in December. The only negative I could come up with was the food was just ok. Hotel and room specifically were very clean and we always felt safe. The shuttle from the airport was also a bit of a clusterfuck...but it did show up within a "Cancun-reasonable" amount of time :) We don't use USA to get to Pearl, but we had our regular guy make a booze stop and then straight to Pearl...nice and early. Funny part was, we almost forgot to go back to get our bracelets.

This time we're staying at the Fairfield Inn (or possibly the Marriott right next door...can't remember). Heard the food was better and the price was similar. We'll give it a shot and see how that works out
spanky67
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 07 Jun 2022

Postby tikihutguy » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:06 pm

spanky67 wrote:
Lookinforfun wrote:The last couple times we spend our first night at the Hilton garden by the airport, we eat and chill out get a good rest and have a usa transfer for 9am the next day. We're at the resort by 930? And check in and hav had good experience with that.

We did the exact same thing our last trip in December. The only negative I could come up with was the food was just ok. Hotel and room specifically were very clean and we always felt safe. The shuttle from the airport was also a bit of a clusterfuck...but it did show up within a "Cancun-reasonable" amount of time :) We don't use USA to get to Pearl, but we had our regular guy make a booze stop and then straight to Pearl...nice and early. Funny part was, we almost forgot to go back to get our bracelets.

This time we're staying at the Fairfield Inn (or possibly the Marriott right next door...can't remember). Heard the food was better and the price was similar. We'll give it a shot and see how that works out

We've done the same thing a number of times. In May we're changing it up and doing 1st night at Temptation. We arrive CUN 11AM. We got a great 1 night Temptation rat around $300, Get all our food and drinks and on the beach. Next morning 8AM departure for DP. USA Transfer $130 for Airport to Temptation to DP and late day trip to Fairfield Inn on way back. 1st time at the Fairfield. Be interesting to compare with Marriott. Anyway... Great to maximize the REAL vacation 8)
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl