What to bring??

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

What to bring??

Postby PrisonMike » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:56 pm

Hello all!

We are so excited to head to Pearl for the first time in February! What are some essential things that you recommend we bring from home? I saw a recommendation for a cup with a lid (still don't quite understand that), but promoted me to ask this question. What's on your list? Thanks in advance!
PrisonMike

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Feb 2023

Re: What to bring??

Postby werfun » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:53 am

The cup is a insulated cup and a lid to keep your drink cold and things out of it. A example of that would be a Yeti brand or such. I brought mine at Walmat for under $15 and it has kept ice over night. There are lots f different brands. On another Desire social site they sell ones with Desire logo and pinespples inprints.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby nicenycpl » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:25 am

Have them personalized with your first names...great icebreaker
nicenycpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:46 am

PrisonMike wrote:Hello all!

We are so excited to head to Pearl for the first time in February! What are some essential things that you recommend we bring from home? I saw a recommendation for a cup with a lid (still don't quite understand that), but promoted me to ask this question. What's on your list? Thanks in advance!

Mike, you can also do a search (top right) as this topic has been thoroughly covered on this site. If you need more info send me a PM, we'll be there the same time and have many trips under our belt.

Eddie
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby PrisonMike » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:45 am

Thanks. I played around with my search terms a bit more and found some good info. I wasn't finding anything my first go around and thought I would ask. I'll reach out directly if I have more questions. Appreciate the help!
PrisonMike

Postby spanky67 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:24 pm

As stated...an insulated cup with a lid. The insulation is self explanatory. The lid is to keep the jacuzzi water out of your drink :) That will make a TON more sense once you get there. Assuming the jacuzzi jets are working, it can bubble up pretty high. That is NOT water you want to drink!

I always bring a couple of plug strips...you know, the kind you can't bring on a cruise. We've been twice, and the first room plug layout was terrible. The second was better, but we still used both strips...one by the dressing/desk area where my wife did her makeup. The other buy the bed for phones, toy recharging, portable speaker recharging, etc.

Condoms, sunscreen, toiletries, etc. You do NOT want to have to buy those there ($$$$)!

You don't need a fan...the room has one. We hate a dead-quiet room, so we travel with a fan for ambient noise...not needed.

Last trip I kept all my wifes clothes on those shitty dry-cleaner wire hangers. Turned out to be a baller move as we absolutely needed them. I'm sure this means she just packed too much crap...but you'd need to be certifiable to make that criticism :) It didn't add too much weight to luggage, and we just left them when we left. Probably could've asked our butler for more...this worked out for us.

My general clothing observation...women need less clothes, men need more. It's an oxymoron I know. My wife packed theme night outfits for each night and something slightly less sexy (but still sexy AF) for dinner. She brought bathing suit bottoms only, a couple of pool/beach wraps for moving around the resort during the day, and workout clothes (yes we are THOSE people :) ). Most of her clothes were quite skimpy, so didn't really take up much room. The men on the other hand are sort of expected to be a bit more dressy. I live in the northeast and will wear shorts in a snowstorm. At Pearl, I wore pants every night for dinner. I actually enjoyed it, as it sorta framed the days insanity (read: nudity) against getting dressed up a bit for dinner. It's not formal by any stretch, just pants and button down/nicer shirts. Then, there were all the theme night outfits. Yes I dressed up...and I think every guy that goes should too. First off, where else do you get to make a fool of yourself and NO ONE cares!! Second, it puts you in a good frame of mind...as if you couldn't be in one already. Third, I find it makes you more attractive...or maybe better stated more open/approachable...to other people. I think it makes you seem for fun and open.

The great equalizer to women need less and men need more is shoes. We basically bring a 3rd bag just for her shoes. Again, it's a non-negotiable subject for us (happy wife...)

Hope this helps!
spanky67
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 07 Jun 2022

Postby wwpc » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:19 am

I think you have lots of good insight!

Mugs with a lid are great in the jacuzzi, foam party, pool party, you do not want that water in your cup!

Any meds you may need Puerto Morales is close but if you need anything at the resort it is spendy!

Theme nights, spend the time and energy and put in an effort, I feel that those of us who dress up have more fun. Nobody comes up to the dude in shorts and a golf shirt and says oh i like your outfit…
wwpc
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2023

Postby PrisonMike » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:38 pm

Very helpful!
Thank you all!
PrisonMike

Postby happyrwe » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:23 am

Possible stomach relief medication for possible digestion issues .I have heard of (from a friend)and myself experienced unpleasant experience from the different types of food we may not be use to.
happyrwe
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 07 Jun 2023

Postby nokidclub » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:37 pm

happyrwe wrote:Possible stomach relief medication for possible digestion issues .I have heard of (from a friend)and myself experienced unpleasant experience from the different types of food we may not be use to.

For us, the digestion issues have stemmed from drinking lots of alcohol (which we normally don’t do…at least not all day like at Desire). The solution for us was a product called Travelan. There is currently a shortage of it, so we just take general colostrum supplements, and that totally solved it.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby tj71903 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:55 am

We've been fortunate enough to never really have food issues with digestion/etc. For an all-inclusive, it's pretty good from a culinary experience. We also like a lot of the local places in town.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl