Men’s swimwear

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Men’s swimwear

Postby gaviao » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:05 pm

People don’t seem to understand the real meaning of clothing optional. It is not to be taken literally and doesn’t mean no-one cares what you wear. It means nudity is encouraged even if not compulsory.
The bottom line is that while no-one cares too much about the occasional lady wearing incredibly revealing swim wear, lots of men taking advantage of nudity not being compulsory by wearing swim shorts makes them look like gawkers and nearly all nude women will be quite uncomfortable with this. It’s more considerate to go nude.

We never pack a single swimsuit when go to Desire or any other C/O resort. There are very few places with that ease to waste wearing a bathing suit that is uncomfortable when wet and leaves tan marks.
About 8 years ago we took a long vacation: 4 nights at Hidden Beach Resort, 8 at Desire Pearl and the last 4 at Catalonia Royal Tulum (the latter only for adults, topless optional). I packed a couple of bathing suits for myself, but my wife didn't even consider something for herself. At the last moment, when we were checking out at Pearl, she realized that she would need one, so I went to the lobby shop and bought her the most daring g-string they had, of course without a top. I must tell you that she was very successful in Catalonia!

Regarding SusanAndDavid's opinion, I find it excessively and unnecessarily rude, which does not fit the spirit of Desire. I hope I never meet them personally.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby eddieandjojo » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:39 pm

This excerpt is taken directly from the Desire website under FAQ:
Exactly what does clothing-optional mean?
If you choose to go topless or naked- in the pool area, at the beach or at the roof-top Jacuzzi Lounge, you may certainly do so. But there is never any pressure for you, or any guest, to do anything that you might find uncomfortable. Our guests are mature and sophisticated; a “live and let live” philosophy is key to the enjoyment of an alternative lifestyle.

Lets remember to be civil in our posts here and that whatever side you're on, respect the others position.
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Regina Lima » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:59 pm

I'm sorry, but this is an innocuous and unnecessary discussion. Anyone who knows Desire knows that it doesn't matter how you are and what you like, there is respect for others. After 6 years traveling to Desire I have never seen a concern like this being so debated. This is the DNA of the Hotel. Go and relax with your partner in the best way and how you want to stay, without worrying about judgments or concepts. I think this forum has to be used more wisely and less silly polemics
Ri & Si
DP 2016-Sep
DP 2017-Apr
DP 2018-Apr
DP 2018-Sep
DP 2019-Sep
DP 2021-Nov
Miches 2023 - Nov
Regina Lima
Desire Lover

We are from: Brazil
We arrive on: 26 Nov 2021

Postby tj71903 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:35 am

I wear bottoms during the day and so does she.

I’ve never given a second thought to what anyone else thinks about it.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby bradmich » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:37 am

The three phases of life...

Phase I: You care about what everyone thinks
Phase II: You don't care about what everyone thinks
Phase III: You realize no one was thinking about you.
bradmich
Desire Convert

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby Vancityplay » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:19 pm

Maybe with the new renovation they can have a nude and prude side like Hedo.
Vancityplay

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 18 Mar 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF

Postby ninaandfrank » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:55 pm

Despite this clear definition the last time we were at Desire Nina felt she was occasionally shunned and shamed by young ladies who were wearing swimwear because she was nude. With at least one time I witnessed what she thought as well.Hopefully folks will learn to live and let live more in the future.
eddieandjojo wrote:This excerpt is taken directly from the Desire website under FAQ:
Exactly what does clothing-optional mean?
If you choose to go topless or naked- in the pool area, at the beach or at the roof-top Jacuzzi Lounge, you may certainly do so. But there is never any pressure for you, or any guest, to do anything that you might find uncomfortable. Our guests are mature and sophisticated; a “live and let live” philosophy is key to the enjoyment of an alternative lifestyle.

Lets remember to be civil in our posts here and that whatever side you're on, respect the others position.
Some are reigniting the flame. Ours never burned out. Just dumping gas on it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Bunsout3301 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:53 am

We have never been to Desire but just booked our first trip for next June as the price was much better. We have been reading about many of the topics to learn about the resort and fit in when the time comes. My wife and I are looking forward to what makes Desire desirable. Which brings me to this topic. It seems there is no happy medium here. Is it possible that as an online group this could be presented the the resorts themselves? Ask for times/places that could be nude and have it enforced and other parts be clothing optional? These resorts are all about the bottom line and by making everyone happy it only helps to build their brand. Otherwise you have disgruntled customers which will negatively effect return visits and resort loyalty. Personally, my wife and I would enjoy being nude as much as possible and being surrounded by the same, but have no objections to an area where guests can be as clothed as they want. Another thought is why can’t the people who enjoy the nude experience communicate on this site to pick weeks where we would all go, effectively creating a “nude takeover”. Sort of an unofficial group that bands together with the same common ground.
Bunsout3301

Postby cj2003 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:10 pm

Regina Lima wrote:I'm sorry, but this is an innocuous and unnecessary discussion. Anyone who knows Desire knows that it doesn't matter how you are and what you like, there is respect for others. After 6 years traveling to Desire I have never seen a concern like this being so debated. This is the DNA of the Hotel. Go and relax with your partner in the best way and how you want to stay, without worrying about judgments or concepts. I think this forum has to be used more wisely and less silly polemics

Right on!
PS. We’ve been to Desire a couple times and loved it, but thought we were the only Brazilians on this forum!
:BRA
cj2003

We are from: Brazil
We arrive on: 08 Apr 2024

Postby gaviao » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:32 am

We’ve been to Desire a couple times and loved it, but thought we were the only Brazilians on this forum!

Em quase 20 anos indo ao Desire com alguma frequência (talvez uma dezena de vezes) só encontramos um casal brasileiro no Pearl.
Mas que tipo de casal! Os seres humanos mais bonitos de todo o resort, sem dúvida.
Ao redor de 35 anos, corpos perfeitos, rostos de modelo... mas dedicados um ao outro, nunca se socializando com mais ninguém, além de "olá, bom dia".

Precisamos de mais brasileiros lá!
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby TandD » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:10 pm

I just don't get this.

The original question was (basically): (if I'm going to wear a suit at some point) what kind do guys wear these days (at Desire).

Appropriate answers are NOT - "I don't wear a suit" or "Go somewhere else if you are going to wear a suit".

If you don't wear a suit and/or don't know the answer, you don't need to respond.

The question wasn't "Should I wear a suit?"

Jesus.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Qaz12129 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:41 pm

Didn't know there was an official monitor of appropriateness.... :lol:
Qaz12129
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 20 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby spanky67 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:23 pm

So apparently you are the monitor of the monitor...right...got it. Can we get back to the important shit...sex and UConn winning the Natty (sorry...couldn't resist)?
spanky67
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 07 Jun 2022

Postby nokidclub » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:33 pm

Desire sells fun men’s swimwear in their shop. I like it because it’s Desire branded and is more sexy than most men’s swimwear.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Qaz12129 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:13 am

spanky67 wrote:So apparently you are the monitor of the monitor...right...got it. Can we get back to the important shit...sex and UConn winning the Natty (sorry...couldn't resist)?

Blue & white body paint for everybody!!! :lol:
Qaz12129
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 20 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl