Men’s swimwear

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Men’s swimwear

Postby wbski85 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:23 pm

Our last trip back in January was at Temptation Grand Miches. There, it's only topless permitted at the main pool, so you can not walk from your room to the pool naked like you can at DP. Most males wore boxers except for one guy who wore a g-string. So I (the male) wore a black thong which my wife approved. Funny thing was that I felt more self conscious in the thong than when I went fully nude up at the Jacuzzi pool in the afternoon.
wbski85
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada

Postby MadMartigan » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:18 am

What many seem to not consider is that there are multiple reasons that someone may not be naked 24/7. As someone previously mentioned, clothing is Optional. The freedom not to wear clothes exists side by side with the freedom to wear them. The mandatory nude area at Hedo is a large reason that we have not gone there. Our clothing (or lack thereof) should be our decision.

My wife likes to wear all the sexy bikini bottoms or other swim wear that she can't wear in the real world for a while before eventually ditching them to go nude. I tend to wear nothing in the pool, but burn so quickly that I can't stay that way all day. When we were there last Aug, I had to wear a long sleeve shirt for a couple days (due to sunburn) or not go tothe pool at all. In Hedo, I would have been excluded from the day's activities. At Pearl, there was no problem.

On the plus side, I've not seen any trace of the judgement that this thread contains in person at Pearl. Outside of the internet, people tend to be far more polite and respectful... whether you wear a swim suit or not.
MadMartigan
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby nnteacher » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:23 am

We take sarongs if we want to go to grill or lobby from pool. Wife does pack a couple of bottoms for when she plays sand volley ball. Sand gets in the wrong places.
nnteacher
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 12 Mar 2020

Postby JamieNWife » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:35 pm

I have seen it posted other places that makes more sense than this argument. A lot of people are "put off" by people showing up where the guy wears "board shorts" it is clothing optional but as someone said some may feel like it is people "gawking" while they are not nekid.

For the guys, I would sugest look at "square cut" snug fit shorts or thongs. Then you are at least in the realm of the theme if not nekid. I was a Temptation guy for years not up for nekid. When friends talked us into Desire I said "when in Rome..." But, there are times I wear a suit. If I'm going to play beach volleyball or maybe had a shaving issue.... But, guys please not board shorts. Short leg fun print, snug "square cut", thong, or if you think the "Borat mankini" is better than nude then God speed.....

In general, board shorts at Desire are like saying I just like to look at everyone else. Honestly when nekid no one cares or judges. The most sexy thing is own what you got.
JamieNWife
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby wbski85 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:34 pm

wbski85 wrote:Our last trip back in January was at Temptation Grand Miches. There, it's only topless permitted at the main pool, so you can not walk from your room to the pool naked like you can at DP. Most males wore boxers except for one guy who wore a g-string. So I (the male) wore a black thong which my wife approved. Funny thing was that I felt more self conscious in the thong than when I went fully nude up at the Jacuzzi pool in the afternoon.

Here are some pics.

wbski85
Desire Superstar

Postby tj71903 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:57 am

JamieNWife wrote:I have seen it posted other places that makes more sense than this argument. A lot of people are "put off" by people showing up where the guy wears "board shorts" it is clothing optional but as someone said some may feel like it is people "gawking" while they are not nekid.

For the guys, I would sugest look at "square cut" snug fit shorts or thongs. Then you are at least in the realm of the theme if not nekid. I was a Temptation guy for years not up for nekid. When friends talked us into Desire I said "when in Rome..." But, there are times I wear a suit. If I'm going to play beach volleyball or maybe had a shaving issue.... But, guys please not board shorts. Short leg fun print, snug "square cut", thong, or if you think the "Borat mankini" is better than nude then God speed.....

In general, board shorts at Desire are like saying I just like to look at everyone else. Honestly when nekid no one cares or judges. The most sexy thing is own what you got.

Or just wear what you want or not. Who cares what someone else thinks?
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:32 pm

tj71903 wrote:Or just wear what you want or not. Who cares what someone else thinks?

:L
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Twopeas » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:35 am

:L :L
MadMartigan wrote:What many seem to not consider is that there are multiple reasons that someone may not be naked 24/7. As someone previously mentioned, clothing is Optional. The freedom not to wear clothes exists side by side with the freedom to wear them. The mandatory nude area at Hedo is a large reason that we have not gone there. Our clothing (or lack thereof) should be our decision.

My wife likes to wear all the sexy bikini bottoms or other swim wear that she can't wear in the real world for a while before eventually ditching them to go nude. I tend to wear nothing in the pool, but burn so quickly that I can't stay that way all day. When we were there last Aug, I had to wear a long sleeve shirt for a couple days (due to sunburn) or not go tothe pool at all. In Hedo, I would have been excluded from the day's activities. At Pearl, there was no problem.

On the plus side, I've not seen any trace of the judgement that this thread contains in person at Pearl. Outside of the internet, people tend to be far more polite and respectful... whether you wear a swim suit or not.
Twopeas
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 08 Feb 2022

Postby westcpl » Tue May 02, 2023 8:39 am

marklu wrote:Go to a vanilla resort if you want to wear a swimsuit.

because people want to gawk. They aren't comfortable going nude, but they want to stare at you if you're nude.
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Aug 2019

Postby Twopeas » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:58 am

Clothing optional is clothing optional. Nude resort is all nude. Simple as that. Uncomfortable with clothing optional ? Go to a nude resort. I don’t go to a nude resort because we want the option

SusanAndDavid wrote:
RnV1 wrote:So you're saying don't berate you for your opinion while you berate everyone else for theirs? Talk about irony! "Get over yourself" susananddavid

I think your definition of berate is way different than mine. I stated facts. Fact: it's a clothing optional resort. Men and Women can choose to be naked or clothed (aside from restaurants). Period. Not debatable.

Knowing this going in, if you're uncomfortable being naked with clothed people around, your option is to accept this as is or to not go to Desire. Again, not debatable.

You clearly stated your opinion way above in this thread, as have many others. Imagine someone thinking about going to Desire sees this for the first time and is curious about the nudity factor. I'm not allowed to give my informed opinion, but you are? I'm not allowed to push back when I feel something is unreasonable? That's not berating. A question was originally asked and I answered truthfully.
Twopeas
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 08 Feb 2022

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl