Saving Day Bed at Jacuzzi Problem/Issue

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Saving Day Bed at Jacuzzi Problem/Issue

Postby glennuw » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:53 am

A straightforward way to solve the day bed saving issues, is to remove the "saving items" placing the items into a plastic box resting next to the day bed. I have seen this done many at resorts in Europe. The Desire staff merely walks by every 1/2 hour or so to clear the day beds of personal items placing them into the plastic box. When the owner of the items returns, they will understand how impolite they have been, hopefully not repeating the behavior.

An informational card should be place on each plastic box.
glennuw
Desire Convert

We are from: Denmark
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 10 Apr 2023

Re: Saving Day Bed at Jacuzzi Problem/Issue

Postby Orcowgirl » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:48 am

Great idea! We remove items to the side table if we would like to "use" the beds, which we do in the middle of the day. We have not seen this as an issue until the last 2 years or so, when, I think, there has been an uptick in newbies that don't know the technicalities yet.....
Since 2017
Pearl 25+
RM 7+
Grande Michas 2
KIK Orranchcouple
Orcowgirl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 29 Jun 2024

Postby K+C » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:03 am

Probably not fair to put another duty on the the Desire staff to address this. One option would be to include it in the briefing to the customers (especially new ones). Only problem is how much is actually comprehended and retained after getting up early and traveling all day. Another option is a sign in the general area stating not to leave personal items on beds. This way if I chose to relocate some stuff from a bed and get accosted I can point to the sign. Just some ideas.
Pearl: Jan ‘23
GM: Jan ‘24
K+C
Desire Fan

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 05 Jan 2024

Postby mikeinnj » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:52 am

I remember back when Pearl had signs for the beds. People just moved them and ignored them. Not sure what the solution is but signs already failed.

Mike
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby ninaandfrank » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:35 pm

Good thoughts here. I suspect that some just leave their belongings on the bed because they dont know there is any other place for them. Maybe having a stack encourage folks to put their stuff in them and then push the bins under the bed or on the tables. At RM we put our stuff inthe cubbies where we got the towels from but never found any similar cubbies at Pearl.of bins, like the ones at th TSA lines around stacked to
glennuw wrote:A straightforward way to solve the day bed saving issues, is to remove the "saving items" placing the items into a plastic box resting next to the day bed. I have seen this done many at resorts in Europe. The Desire staff merely walks by every 1/2 hour or so to clear the day beds of personal items placing them into the plastic box. When the owner of the items returns, they will understand how impolite they have been, hopefully not repeating the behavior.

An informational card should be place on each plastic box.
Some are reigniting the flame. Ours never burned out. Just dumping gas on it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:04 pm

ninaandfrank wrote:At RM we put our stuff inthe cubbies where we got the towels from but never found any similar cubbies at Pearl.of bins, like the ones at th TSA lines around stacked to

Hmmm, there is a whole wall of cubbies behind the showers at the Pearl hot tub!! Haven't had an issue with bed savers, there were always one or two open last week. If not, I have no problem moving items if we needed to use one.
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby desireadventures » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:29 pm

We've moved items before without any confrontation. Getting a bed has never been an issue for us.
desireadventures
Desire Fan

Postby Desire_FL » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:23 pm

We just returned from our first visit to Pearl, and this was a real issue. People hanging out, dozing, etc. for most of the day. People leaving items there to reserve them. We wanted to play a bit during our last day and couldn't because the beds were being used or reserved...with almost nobody playing in them. Pearl should put a sign up so it's clear what the beds are there for. Yes, we could have moved personal items to take over a bed but were hesitant to do so since it was our first time there and didn't want to cause an issue.
Desire_FL
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 18 Mar 2023

Postby youme69 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:52 pm

Desire_FL wrote:We just returned from our first visit to Pearl, and this was a real issue. People hanging out, dozing, etc. for most of the day. People leaving items there to reserve them. We wanted to play a bit during our last day and couldn't because the beds were being used or reserved...with almost nobody playing in them. Pearl should put a sign up so it's clear what the beds are there for. Yes, we could have moved personal items to take over a bed but were hesitant to do so since it was our first time there and didn't want to cause an issue.

We were there at the same time...

They have started something new, when the party end of the pool loungers and beds are full they are giving people the option of going to the quiet end of pool or taking a bed in the jacuzzi area. So the beds were full all day and when everyone moves to jacuzzi in afternoon the people think the beds are theirs seeing they were using them all day.

Not sure when they started doing this but we didn't like it.
KIK: sunsandcpl
youme69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 03 Apr 2024

Postby gaviao » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:03 pm

Strangely, and fortunately, on the Desire RM there is practically no such problem. It is very clear that the beds around the jacuzzi are for playing. We've never had a hard time getting one available, if at all waiting a half hour or so; meanwhile, you can play inside the hot tub.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby LuckySevens » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:21 pm

Man, I hate how accurate this whole thread is. Last time we were at Pearl every single bed by the jacuzzi was booked up by 2:00. Oh, let me clarify... when I say "booked up" I mean that literally. Just one ratty paperback book left where the pillows meet the mattress to declare ownership. Meanwhile, all these folks' other possessions were with them, at their chair/bed by the pool... they couldn't leave all their sunscreen and needs at the jacuzzi bed, they needed to have that stuff where they, you know, actually were.

One afternoon we wanted to use the jacuzzi beds for their intended purpose at about 3:00, right before "the great migration" from pool to jacuzzi, and had been watching the "booked up" bed closest to the pool for hours with no one coming or going. We made the choice to get up, gather our stuff, and head over to the bed. I moved the book politely to the table next to it, and we proceeded to use the bed. Let me be clear: no other beds were occupied, save for their own paper occupants, at this point.

We're mid-"activities" when a surly-looking couple shows up WITH a Desire staff member, who asks us "is this your book". Of course we replied, somewhat out of breath, that no it's not ours, that it had been left there all day, so we had moved it so that SOMEONE could use the bed. He said "you can't move someone else's stuff" and made it clear that we needed to vacate, while the couple stood, arms crossed, glaring, behind him.

Again, there was NO ONE else on ANY bed at the Jacuzzi. None. Just books. The only people using the beds for ANY purpose WHATSOEVER, was us. And we were kicked off... the couple that had "booked" the bed proceeded to take their rightful claim over it, and pass out.

This is a cultural neutron bomb for this place. We'd have been done and on our way in what was sure to be an embarrassingly short amount of time... the bed would have been available for anyone else to enjoy. Instead, there were two angry couples and one uncomfortable staff member all fuming. Something has got to change or the place we've all come to love for its people and culture just won't be that any more.
Pearl: 11/20, 3/21, 3/22, 3/23, 6/23, 3/24
RM: 6/21
LuckySevens
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 14 Jun 2023

Postby Desire_FL » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:34 pm

LuckySevens wrote:Man, I hate how accurate this whole thread is. Last time we were at Pearl every single bed by the jacuzzi was booked up by 2:00. Oh, let me clarify... when I say "booked up" I mean that literally. Just one ratty paperback book left where the pillows meet the mattress to declare ownership. Meanwhile, all these folks' other possessions were with them, at their chair/bed by the pool... they couldn't leave all their sunscreen and needs at the jacuzzi bed, they needed to have that stuff where they, you know, actually were.

One afternoon we wanted to use the jacuzzi beds for their intended purpose at about 3:00, right before "the great migration" from pool to jacuzzi, and had been watching the "booked up" bed closest to the pool for hours with no one coming or going. We made the choice to get up, gather our stuff, and head over to the bed. I moved the book politely to the table next to it, and we proceeded to use the bed. Let me be clear: no other beds were occupied, save for their own paper occupants, at this point.

We're mid-"activities" when a surly-looking couple shows up WITH a Desire staff member, who asks us "is this your book". Of course we replied, somewhat out of breath, that no it's not ours, that it had been left there all day, so we had moved it so that SOMEONE could use the bed. He said "you can't move someone else's stuff" and made it clear that we needed to vacate, while the couple stood, arms crossed, glaring, behind him.

Again, there was NO ONE else on ANY bed at the Jacuzzi. None. Just books. The only people using the beds for ANY purpose WHATSOEVER, was us. And we were kicked off... the couple that had "booked" the bed proceeded to take their rightful claim over it, and pass out.

This is a cultural neutron bomb for this place. We'd have been done and on our way in what was sure to be an embarrassingly short amount of time... the bed would have been available for anyone else to enjoy. Instead, there were two angry couples and one uncomfortable staff member all fuming. Something has got to change or the place we've all come to love for its people and culture just won't be that any more.

Yikes! Sorry to hear you had this experience. Now I'm really glad I didn't move anyone's stuff.
Desire_FL
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 18 Mar 2023

Postby tikihutguy » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:00 pm

One word: stupid :evil: Sorry for your experience....
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby wwpc » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:16 pm

LuckySevens wrote:Man, I hate how accurate this whole thread is. Last time we were at Pearl every single bed by the jacuzzi was booked up by 2:00. Oh, let me clarify... when I say "booked up" I mean that literally. Just one ratty paperback book left where the pillows meet the mattress to declare ownership. Meanwhile, all these folks' other possessions were with them, at their chair/bed by the pool... they couldn't leave all their sunscreen and needs at the jacuzzi bed, they needed to have that stuff where they, you know, actually were.

Oh my!

We would have done the same thing moved the book, I call the beds workbenches not napping stations so if you are not at work get the hell off them.

I am chuckling at who the poor employee was that came up to you mid stroke, we would have told the surly looking couple to move on.

Here is to moving a book in a week!
wwpc
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2023

Postby tj71903 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:25 pm

Desire_FL wrote:We just returned from our first visit to Pearl, and this was a real issue. People hanging out, dozing, etc. for most of the day. People leaving items there to reserve them. We wanted to play a bit during our last day and couldn't because the beds were being used or reserved...with almost nobody playing in them. Pearl should put a sign up so it's clear what the beds are there for. Yes, we could have moved personal items to take over a bed but were hesitant to do so since it was our first time there and didn't want to cause an issue.

We were there 12-20.

It was certainly a thing, especially during the beginning of the week. Couple that with the demographics and half of them telling the DJ 'you need to consider you audience when playing music' and then proceeding to request ragtime so they could do the foxtrot or whatever was popular back then and it was....yeesh. Thankfully things picked up dramatically over the last half of the trip.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl