Pool chair assignments...same or changed?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Pool chair assignments...same or changed?

Postby ContentTwo » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:55 pm

Just trying to get a sense of whether Pearl's pool chair assignment system may have gone the way of RM's bs...

On our trip to Pearl in 2021, the pool chair system was perfect. We talked to Victor on the first day, he found us poolside chairs that were perfect — on the loud side, right across from the bar. We were able to slip right into the pool from our chairs, and we liked the location. We verified with Victor each morning, and we tipped him each day. I think some of the chairs and daybeds were reserved for members-only, but we never had any problems getting poolside chairs right around the same spot for our trip.

Our trip to RM in 2022 was entirely different. All of the poolside chairs were "reserved" for members only. Non-members could only be assigned those uncomfortable circle chairs under the trees or the middle row of chairs between the poolside and daybeds. This was a completely different system from our previous trips to RM, and it really turned us off to RM.

We are about to go back to Pearl, and I'm trying to get a sense of whether we might get screwed again because of our non-member status. To be clear, I know we're going to get screwed by not being able to make reservations at the restaurants. I think we can live with that level of insult. I'm just hoping that the poolside chairs are still more-or-less available for non-members.

Can any recent guests offer their experiences?
ContentTwo
Desire Lover

We are from: USA

Re: Pool chair assignments...same or changed?

Postby tj71903 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:47 am

There are plenty of chairs and they will do all they can to give you the best available spot there is.

Not sure about "insults", but to each their own
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl