Newby report

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Newby report

Postby B and B » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:14 pm

Hi all. First off, we are not in the lifestyle but made the trip as an adventure and sexy experience for us. We are a relatively new couple although we've known each other for quite some time. Sex is great and adventure is a component of so much of our lives that we decided to combine the two and see where it took us. Full disclosure, this was my trip to plan and there was plenty of nervous anticipation for us leading up to it. She is 37 and I am 57 but most people don't believe me when I tell them my age. I am blessed and look and live much younger than the number suggests.

We opted to stay in Cancun for a few nights prior to diving into the Desire experience. We stayed at the JW Marriott in Cancun. The location and the property are beautiful but this was our first insight to the quality of the food in the area. We weren't brave enough or aware enough of the options outside of the resort and opted to dine in each day. Even at an upscale resort like that, the hotel food is still hotel food.

We used Cancun Private Transfers for all three legs of the journey, although they outsourced our second trip from Cancun to Pearl, possibly because I upgraded the service and changed the pick up time. That was actually the most comfortable of the trips and the driver provided us Coronas at no extra cost which helped with the nerves enroute.

When we arrived at Pearl, the drive up was one filled with excitement and anxiety. We noted that the town of Puerto Morelos looked fun and planned to visit at least once during our 4 night stay. The arrival and check in experience was great! Immediately, we found the staff to be just as friendly and professional as advertised in all of the other reports. The lobby is small and pretty and we loved the boutique feel of the property which was a contrast to the sprawling resort we just left in Cancun. Surprisingly, there was zero pressure applied for the presentation. Asked one time and we politely said no thank you and that was the end of that. Yellow bands were applied and we were already dressed for the pool for the most part so we went to find chairs and relax and start to acclimate, as the room was not ready yet.

We found our way to the pool area via the jacuzzi because thats how the staff member took us. This proved to be the first anxiety hurdle and led to some very tough conversations for the remainder of the day. The playmakers and some of the guests were in the middle of a game and it was all a little overwhelming for my wife. There was a sense of WTF did we just get ourselves into and should we just leave now. We asked for a seat in the quiet area and that helped a little, but only for a short time. We were able to talk through some of our feelings and concerns in the moment and breathe. It was a lot. We are open minded and love sex. We like to have fun and dance and party but the initial exposure to what was happening (spring break for adults) was a challenge. We made a plan to take a nap and rally for dinner and we were very excited for theme night and dancing etc...As it turns out, they put us in room #2. If you know the resort, that is directly adjacent to the pool and the hot tub and therefore, there was no napping to be had because the speakers might as well been right next to the pillows on the bed :( At this point we contemplated checking out and heading back to Cancun for the rest of the week or just booking a flight home (yeah it was that bad). On a whim I called the customer service number and asked to move rooms to the quiet side. To my surprise, they said that they could not that night but would the next day...yay! We celebrated the news on the lounge chairs in front of the room with people walking by and it was hot. I played with my wife and she went down on me. I am a slow burn usually, but that environment and the passers by made us both cum faster than since I was 14 lol. We went to dinner at Aphrodite (Mexican night) and it was decent (food was definitely not good as a general statement) and then my wife went through three outfit options before she was comfortable for the wet dreams night. My wife is sexy as hell and has an amazing body. Her first outfit was basically some strings around her body and everything was exposed (she was basically naked) and she decided that was too risqué so she then chose between two other pieces of lingerie and settled on one. I played along as well with a lace shirt but she was definitely the star attraction <3 The night was fun, the show was so so and we met some fun people and went back to the room for some great sex. I passed out, tired and buzzed, and slept through most of the noise from the hot tub that went on until 430am or so but my wife had an awful night and only slept a couple of hours at the most.

We got up early, had more great sex, and packed up for the move and headed to breakfast. The sun was shining and it was beautiful there. We took the advice of others and found the pool attendant to reserve the same quiet side chairs for later. Finished packing and went to let the lobby to let them know that we were ready for them to take our things so they could clean our room for the next people. The pool was perfect that day and we had a great time getting to know a few couples and get some sun. We ventured over the wall to the "warm side" to get a drink or two and took in all the sights. Our room was actually ready fairly early in the day and it was right behind the quiet side beds. Both rooms were huge by the way and they were nicely appointed. I actually really liked the decor and the layout. The shower is small but that was really the only complaint if I had one. With a couple of drinks in us, we ventured to the jacuzzi late afternoon (in accordance with the unwritten schedule of events). Word of caution to first timers, if you enter the jacuzzi at the end where the cubbies are, closest to the pool, the second step is a doozy. I recommend sitting down in the shallow part and entering the jacuzzi like it was a 4 foot deep pool because thats what it is lol. Again, I am pretty fit but that was not a good look when I basically fell in, much to the entertainment of my many new friends. We liked the jacuzzi. If there was sex happening anywhere it was low key and not a show.But there are lots of friendly people and the drinks are pretty good too (surprisingly they don't make a very good margarita there :( ) We tried Suki that night for dinner. We shared a sushi roll and it was ok as was the meal itself. I got the pad Thai and my wife got the stir fry; again so so at best. That nights theme was galactic glow and again my wife's outfit did not cover anything at all but this time she didnt have a back up and wasnt comfortable going out like that. We found that most of the costumes were very tame and not very revealing the night before. They were all fun and sexy but most were "conservative" compared to what my wife brought lol. Even my glow outfit was pretty revealing and that actually turned my wife on to the point that we just stayed in the room and had sex all night (I feel bad for everyone that missed her in that outfit because wow!!)

Saturday we woke up to clouds and light rain, we snagged the same chairs and headed to breakfast (really the only good meal of the day every day). The light rain turned to heavy rain for most of the day. We made the best of it in our room all morning and then ventured to the spa where we sat in the hot tub and sauna and met some new friends that were also escaping the weather. The afternoon party (foam party) was canceled because of the rain but they were having a great time at the lobby bar and the playmakers made the best of it. We did not participate in most of that entertainment but they did a good job of getting at least some of the crowd going each day. Many times we felt bad because, from our vantage point, it seemed like 90% of the crowd ignored the playmakers and activities. The party moved to the jacuzzi and we went along for the ride. It was a fun vibe even with the rain (the drinks and beautiful people made you forget about it all). We attempted to go to Pearl for dinner but were told 9pm was the earliest seating. Here comes the bitch session....Non-members are told at check in that there are no reservations accepted at any of the restaurants. However, we found out that members are allowed to reserve and that creates a "haves and have nots" scenario that isn't good for the resort imo. Members will likely argue with that statement but in my conversations with members and non members alike, everyone states that service is on the decline. Members expect more and more in the way of special treatment and non-members (many returning for many years) are just asking for more than crumbs. I think that management really needs to get a handle on this quickly because their current plan isn't working and eventually complaints will evolve into non-attendance (its not going too entice more people to become premier, trust me)...bitch session over. For theme night that night we got punked (steam punked to be exact). The published theme was wild cabaret but when we got to the lobby, most of the attendees were in steam punk (we never got the memo). We still looked damn good (mostly she did) so it was fine but there were quite a few of us that were left confused. More dancing with fun people and off to the jacuzzi again (we were getting the hang of things).

Our last full day was Sunday. The weather still was so so in the morning but cleared up and became very windy. We had fun all day talking and relaxing and decided we would join in for the rescheduled foam party yay! The wind made it interesting and cold for the foam party, even in the "warm side" of the pool. Most of us moved to the jacuzzi earlier than normal to warm up and surprisingly the wind moved A LOT of the foam to the jacuzzi as well so that was pretty cool. We met new fun friends (always seems to happen on the last day) and had some great conversations. Met our first "throuple" with a couple that was slightly older than their third but they seemed to be very close and loving. There was something very sexy about their third and I could tell my wife took a liking to her as well. In fact, at one point she asked my wife if she thought we would come back my wife enthusiastically said yes, much to my surprise. Until that point, she was holding her cards pretty close to the vest and I would have guessed this trip was a one and done experience but that one connection seemed to open up some possibilities. Actually, for the rest of that day/night her demeanor towards the entire experience changed. The throuple couple were members and had been coming for years and they invited us for dinner at Suki and we agreed. Good thing we did or we were not going to be able to get a table there that night either; so it's not just Pearl that the members have the advantage of reservations. We had fun and there was a fair amount of flirtation happening which was fun. I got the same Pad Thai but it tasted completely different and more like a spicy tomato sauce which was really strange (the food was just not good im sorry to say). That night we did not dress up for uniform night as we thought that would be our "early night" before we travel home....not quite. We had a lot of fun seeing all the costumes and talked to a couple we met the day before. She like my wife and so did he. We found them to be fun and stayed with them for the show. When we got into the disco for the show the throuple also joined us near the bar. I was standing pretty much center of the bar next to the stripper pole and the first entertainer made a bee line for me and pulled me up on stage :shock: She proceeded to take my shirt off and lay me on the floor at which point I became a piece of furniture for her to perform on and around lol. Wasn't my first stripper experience but never been part of the show before. I was frozen and didnt know the limits of touching etc so I think I was pretty boring but oh well. After the show we danced for a while, with more of a crowd feeling this time. Off to the jacuzzi and what seemed to be a younger and more fun group (I was bummed because they were all arriving for the entire week and we were leaving the next day). My wife was approached by the wife of the couple we were in the disco with and asked if she could be kissed to which my wife said yes. They made out a few times for a while and, if we had been drinking like previous nights, that may have gone much further because they are both very hot and matched up well. My wife and I talked after we left the jacuzzi (pretty late for our early night lol) and she said the same. The energy was also weird because the husband was nice but we weren't sure how we felt about things getting to the point where she would interact with him. Maybe with more drinks and getting to know them better beforehand, things would have been different. Hope we see them again as well as the throuple (the third was definitely into both of us but we had no idea how to deal with a five some and didnt know what the rules were regarding her leaving with us lol).

The last day was pretty routine. Sex, breakfast, packing and waiting for transportation. Our drive to the airport was interesting because of flooding and construction between the resort and the highway but we still made good time and left early enough to deal with the unexpected. 2 hour flight delay extended our time at the airport but nothing earth shattering to report in that regard.

Summary....great sex! (so far just us together) fun vibes! loved theme nights and the jacuzzi afterwards! loved the resort itself and the rooms and the pool! Please fix the food and the members vs non members vibes and this place would be perfect! Listen to your customers, new and old alike....we are all pretty much on the same sheet of music...we will be back for sure and can't wait! She is already buying outfits lol....
B and B

We are from: USA
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Re: Newby report

Postby livelearn131 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:01 pm

Thanks for the writeup - always fun to hear.

I can only say from our experience, that we find the food to be "fine to good" - no issues really. Suki is always our favorite.

Also never had an issue getting a table - even as non-members. But we usually go around 7p to avoid that issue, so we have plenty of time to get back and chill and get into whatever outfits we're wearing that night, before heading to the lobby bar. Also about 50% of the time we go with members that we've made friends with somewhere along the way. We've gone twice for 5 nights each, and this was our experience both times.
livelearn131
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Jan 2024

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl