Expectations for a Newbie

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Expectations for a Newbie

Postby MooSue » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:27 pm

My H and I are total newbies-watch out yellow bracelets. We are scheduled the end of August for 3 nights. We plan to return if we LOVE it in April for a week to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Both of us were raised extremely religious-but ready to have fun, enjoy each other and, of course, be naked in the Mexican sun. Needless to say, I've scoured the forums trying to find the answers to allllll the questions. We've discussed our rules and boundaries, and continue to discuss them as questions and what if's come up and I can say each conversation leads to some of the most amazing sex ever. H is concerned my expectations may be set too high. Has anyone experienced this? Any advice for continuing conversations and setting those expectations? My goal is to leave my stressful life behind, fully engage without technology and openly experience what comes along. My goal for him is to see me connected, engaged and sexier than I've ever been.
MooSue

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Aug 2024

Re: Expectations for a Newbie

Postby mikeinnj » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:28 pm

We have always gone with boundaries (frequently revised) and no plans/expectations. Have always had a great time. Personally think your trip is too short to fully get into the swing of things (whatever they’ll be) but that’s just my 2 cents.

Mike
Kik: mikeinnj1
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby MooSue » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:34 pm

I wish we could do more, but just sold our business and are both in new jobs. :-(
MooSue

We arrive on: 28 Aug 2024

Postby mikeinnj » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:31 pm

I get it. Just my 2 cents. But you’ll love it
Kik: mikeinnj1
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby Electra1473 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:22 am

We’re going in few weeks for the first time as well. Same amount of time. If we like it we’ll go back again for longer!
Electra1473
Desire Convert

Postby LetsH4veCoffee » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:28 pm

Over the years/trips our boundaries have ebbed and flowed. I will say that one adjustment made our trips much more enjoyable. We stopped trying to cover every little detail and what if (well, beyond the fun of talking about it as you say MooSue). Ultimately we identified the specific things that were 100% off the table for us. Decided everything else just wasn't that deep, might be fun, and certainly wasn't worth worrying over. That works for us. YMMV but if you two ever find yourselves getting too wrapped around what seem like endless nuance and detail, might give that approach a shot.
LetsH4veCoffee
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 28 Apr 2024

Postby Wifeyswing » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:13 pm

Get naked right away. Bring condoms and lube. Things can go from flirting to all the way quick. You don’t want to be caught without a raincoat if you plan to wear one.
Wifeyswing
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 31 Dec 2018

Postby BriJen » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:42 am

It's difficult not to have expectations but be sure to keep an open mind about them.
We invited some LS friends to join us at Pearl in 2022 and the male half of the couple went in with wildy high expectations.
Unfortunately, his expectation were not met and he had a miserable time and vowed to never return.

We had tried to get him to temper his expectations prior to the trip but we felt bad that he did not have a good time.

We, on the other hand, had an outstanding time and will be heading to Pearl again in late May and are super excited about it.

Hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy Pearl as much as we do.
BriJen
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 27 May 2024

Postby Hchoir » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:14 am

Here's my advice...on your first evening there go the jacuzzi and have sex, either in the hot tub (no ejaculation directly into the water, please) or on one of the beds with the curtains open. You can get any inhibitions out of the way quickly and if you want to meet up with others for possible play it's certainly a good place to do it.
Hchoir
Desire Fan

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby rojovette1998 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:31 am

MooSue wrote:My H and I are total newbies-watch out yellow bracelets. We are scheduled the end of August for 3 nights. We plan to return if we LOVE it in April for a week to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Both of us were raised extremely religious-but ready to have fun, enjoy each other and, of course, be naked in the Mexican sun. Needless to say, I've scoured the forums trying to find the answers to allllll the questions. We've discussed our rules and boundaries, and continue to discuss them as questions and what if's come up and I can say each conversation leads to some of the most amazing sex ever. H is concerned my expectations may be set too high. Has anyone experienced this? Any advice for continuing conversations and setting those expectations? My goal is to leave my stressful life behind, fully engage without technology and openly experience what comes along. My goal for him is to see me connected, engaged and sexier than I've ever been.

Is exactly our same case, we’re heading for 3 night at the end of April for our 23th aniv, as you said, the boundaries are clear NO INTERCOURSE with others, but yes, sex at the beach or Jacuzzi in front of other people, the thing is that the anxiety for just thinking “what’s if” is something that turn us on, but we know that is just a fantasy
rojovette1998
Desire Convert

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 23 Apr 2024

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl