Drink Recommendations

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Drink Recommendations

Postby tonysoprano » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:03 am

Give me all of your alcoholic drink recommendations!

As seltzer/light beer drinkers, the lady and I have a very hard time thinking of fun and tasty mixed drinks to ask the bartenders for on these vacations. The lady usually falls back on her trusty Spicy Margs and I go the safe route of a rum and coke, but I'd prefer to not drink a gallon of soda everyday.

Last time we went to Pearl, we tried a Dirty Monkey (?) but would prefer maybe something more fruity I think. We've had something called a Purple Rain at a vanilla resort in the DR a few years back but I don't know if they make them at DP. I don't even know what it was made of, but it was delicious.
tonysoprano
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: Drink Recommendations

Postby ksfireman » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:25 pm

My go to during the day is a Mango Margarita. Later, maybe a White Russian. Crown and Cranberry is also good to get rid of the sodas. The bartenders are pretty good at making up whatever you want. Have fun with it.
ksfireman
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Oct 2024

Re: Drink Recommendations

Postby ninaandfrank » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:30 pm

You're in Mexico, try any margarita or a tequilla sunrise or if you are adventerous some straight 1921 creme tequilla.
tonysoprano wrote:Give me all of your alcoholic drink recommendations!

As seltzer/light beer drinkers, the lady and I have a very hard time thinking of fun and tasty mixed drinks to ask the bartenders for on these vacations. The lady usually falls back on her trusty Spicy Margs and I go the safe route of a rum and coke, but I'd prefer to not drink a gallon of soda everyday.

Last time we went to Pearl, we tried a Dirty Monkey (?) but would prefer maybe something more fruity I think. We've had something called a Purple Rain at a vanilla resort in the DR a few years back but I don't know if they make them at DP. I don't even know what it was made of, but it was delicious.
Some are reigniting the flame. Ours never burned out. Just dumping gas on it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl