Page 1 of 2
Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:30 pm
by h.papo
I heard from somebody that they’re actually doing the remodeling over in the main lobby. Anybody have an idea of when that’s actually gonna take place and when it’s gonna finish? My Wife and I are looking to arrive this Thursday. I was wondering where are they gonna be doing the check-in?
Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:13 pm
by LS Curious
The remodeling was finishing as we were leaving in June. The lobby and lobby bar has been re-done as a continuation of the work they did with the Melange outdoor entertainment venue.
Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:14 pm
by h.papo
That is nice. What was the biggest difference that you saw?
Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:16 pm
by LS Curious
Fresh new look with new furniture.
Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:23 pm
by h.papo
Nice. Thanks for that quick feedback. We are so ready to step into our mini fantasy world again
Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:23 pm
by h.papo
Nice. Thanks for that quick feedback. We are so ready to step into our mini fantasy world again
Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:28 pm
by LS Curious
Yes, Pearl is our paradise as well! Enjoy your trip.
Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:59 pm
by BBTD
Wait a minute! I thought Pearl was OUR paradise…..you mean there’s others? Just kidding! Hopefully it’s everyone’s favorite place a couple times each year.
Speaking of remodeling, we spent some time with one of the Premier sales directors during the Desire Seductive Mediterranean cruise in August. After a couple margaritas and a swim, she told us that Pearl is going to be starting a resort wide renovation of the rooms. Allegedly they’re starting with the Penthouse suites and working their way down. We saw artist renderings of the new designs. Pretty exciting if it happens! She said they were keeping the number of rooms being remodeled small to minimize impact on occupancy and resort operations. Starting after Halloween according to her. She seemed confident the plan was moving forward. Guess we’ll see!
-BBTD
Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:38 pm
by h.papo
TBH, I hope that they don’t mess with the Master Suites too much. I love that setup.
Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:37 pm
by spanky67
h.papo wrote:TBH, I hope that they don’t mess with the Master Suites too much. I love that setup.
Agree completely. My thought...how long did it take them to finally start and finish Eden at RM? I don't know specifically when the "rumors" of it started as we've only been going since '22. It sure seemed like they were talking about it around here back in 22...and I don't think it was officially open until 25.
Remember, at Desire, manyana does not mean tomorrow...it means not right now

Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:02 pm
by nokidclub
Take it with a grain of salt. Those are AI images that the premier folks came up with to try to sell memberships. It may happen, but I’ll believe it when I see it.
Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Wed Sep 30, 2026 11:26 pm
by BBTD
Rest-assured, she wasn’t trying to sell us anything. We already have a membership and my wife and her are actually friends…..(gasp) outside the resort! Additionally she’s at RM and has never worked at Pearl. While the images may be AI, it doesn’t mean it isn’t in the works. People denied the lobby at Pearl was being remodeled right up until the day they gutted it. So there’s that. Eden opened in AUG 2024. We were there for the soft grand opening. Not sure how long that took from concept to completion. The construction was around 15 months.
Change is hard, I get it. Other than the mansion suites, ALL the rooms at Pearl need major attention. Especially with what we’re paying these days; the rooms are not commensurate with the rates. Just our humble opinion.
-BBTD
Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Wed Sep 30, 2026 11:38 pm
by BBTD
Here’s another fun little tidbit that will get everyone in a high speed wobble! Original Group has successfully purchased the undeveloped beachfront property north of the mansion. They now own from the ocean to the road for several hundred meters north, adjacent to the current property line. Once funding is secured and permitting approved by local and state governments, the mansion is being expanded! Years out, but still super exciting!
-BBTD
Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:09 pm
by ninaandfrank
It is true that the quality of the rooms aren’t up to eh level of the prices we pay. However, after they are remodeled the cost of the remodeling will be added onto what we pay, increasing the cost even more. When we first started going to Desire we always booked higher level rooms and found out that, for the most part, we just use the room for showering, doing our medicine, and sleeping. We basically got it out of our system. Usually we just get the lower end rooms unless we are offered a room upgrade. When it comes to Pearl we would rather see some love for the common areas. They could use another restaurant and the hot tub area can use a refresh. We’re not sure how much more we’ll be going to Pearl. We mostly go because we have a few friends who like to go and meet up with there. We do still go to RM and one other venue which I am not at liberty to say publicly. At RM the party line is that they only spent $26 million on building the Eden. You can choose to believe that or not. Speaking of RM. If you would have asked me a few years ago I would have said it was the same crowd bouncing back and forth between RM and Pearl. Nowadays, I am not so sure I agree with that anymore. The styling of the RM remodel and presumably, he upcoming Pearl remodel, is more of something to appeal to the nuevo rich millennials, rather than some of the traditional crowd. Of course a little money spent on any remodel goes a long way to adding to the value it if is for sale on the open market; similar to a new coat of paint does to your house when you want to sell it.
Re: Remodeling in pearl

Posted:
Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:07 pm
by Orcowgirl
We have loved going to all 3 Desire resorts, but if I have a complaint, it has been the rooms. I was horrified the first time that I stepped into a Pearl room in late '17. As a designer the "professional" description would be '80's Mexican tacky. The rooms must be redone to makeup for the amount that we pay to stay there. Compared to a Secrets room, they are horrid! Yes, we all understand that we are not there for the rooms, BUT we are there and are paying for an upscale vaca and the rooms should reflect that. Hoping that the Master Plunge rooms are next after the suites up above.