johnjeri417
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF..SLS

Pearl May 1 -5??

Postby DnB » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Does anyone know what is going on from May 1- 5 at Desire Pearl. I was thinking of going a couple days before the HotTamales/Ynots and check it out. 8)
DnB
Desire Convert

Re: Pearl May 1 -5??

Postby CokeMann » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:37 pm

DnB wrote:Does anyone know what is going on from May 1- 5 at Desire Pearl. I was thinking of going a couple days before the HotTamales/Ynots and check it out. 8)

There is a week long takeover by a combo of three groups mid April but that is pretty much it for April and May group wise.

Their low season promo pricing starts May 1st and isn't that much more than Desire RM, so I imagine there will be quite a few would would want to do as yourself in "checking it out for a night or so"
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby gunchoy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:10 am

We are going to Desire mid April. It will be only second time and we are thinking whether to book at Desire Pearl or at Desire Riviera. Prices are almost the same.
What is your considerations. very little information on Desire Pearl - like jacuzzi, disco etc.
gunchoy

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2012

Postby mfay » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:27 pm

gunchoy- wouldn't worry too much about Pearl having a disco, playroom, and suitable hot tub. I think it's pretty clear that those are exactly the things that are being addressed during this shut down & renovation period although we may not see/hear the details for a while yet.
The question for you might be this: Do you want to go to the original Desire where you are pretty certain to find all the atmosphere, fun, and service you fell in love with your first time ?
Or are you intrigued by the possibilities presented in the chance to be there near the beginning at Pearl- helping to set the standard as the new Desire works out the kinks and figures out how to be as good or better than big sister down the beach ?
Mike
mfay

We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Trying out the Pearl in April!

Postby laplage » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Okay, just took the plunge and switched our Desire reservations to the Pearl for a little more a night. Hoping there will be people there! Travel Agent said they are at this moment building the disco. I read the Jacuzzi holds 80 people...is this true?
laplage

Postby mfay » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:41 am

We were told that the Pearl hot tub would be "much larger than Desire's" and that it would have a swim up bar. So 80 folks is probably a reasonable number.
Ceiba (Pearl) had a small pool- on a higher level deck from the main pool- that probably wouldn't have much use as a pool at a Desire like resort, so it could be that they are converting that to a hot tub ? Just a guess.
Mike
mfay

Postby ottawa_cuple » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:24 pm

mfay wrote: Ceiba (Pearl) had a small pool- on a higher level deck from the main pool- that probably wouldn't have much use as a pool at a Desire like resort, so it could be that they are converting that to a hot tub ? Just a guess.

That higher-level pool would make a GREAT hot tub!!!

For a look at that pool, go to the new Desire Pearl Resort Website and click on the link to the gallery. The pool mfay is talking about is in the foreground of the first photo.
ottawa_cuple

We are from: Canada

Postby mfay » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:21 am

I thought so too. When we we there and stood beside it I actually said that to Barb: "Nice little pool- they should turn it into a hot tub".
As I said though, I have no info suggesting that is the new hot tub- just that there is a big new hot tub in the works and of course in my mind.........
Mike
mfay

Postby shade » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:48 am

We also agree with the conversion to a hut tub. When we were there at Halloween they really increased the heat in the small pool and it was like a conversation pool. They also set up a martini bar by the pool. Not quite a swim up bar but still pretty nice for an interim basis.
shade
Desire Convert

Postby juicyeve » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:20 am

It'd be nice if they had some "quadruple-occupancy" rooms, or at least adjoining room options. We have a "special friends" couple that we originally met at RM and still vacation with once or twice a year, and we always share a room or suite when possible. It'd be so nice to do that at Desire!

So, do I understand correctly that Pearl is the property just down the beach from RM?
juicyeve

Postby mfay » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:04 am

Pearl does have several rooms/suites with 2 beds and they are certainly big enough for two couples. At this point they seem to be making it very clear that they will only book one couple per room. But maybe later- if the place becomes really popular and is always sold out, or if they have a hard time selling all the master suites, they will change their minds and allow a second couple in certain rooms at a reduced rate ?
Pearl is not next to Desire RM- it is about 3.5 miles south down the beach at the edge of Puerto Morelos (5 miles down the road.)
Mike
mfay

Postby aztech » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:04 pm

we booked last week with a lifestyle travel agent and were told that they had been waiting for the go ahead to start booking since december.

they also said that they technically weren't supposed to start booking people until this coming week, but since it appeared in their system last week they started. we were the 4th booking in two days with that particular travel agency.
aztech

Postby gwb » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:30 pm

aztech We have been looking for Pearl and have not had any luck finding it at a travel agent where we can book flight and room together. Just wondering where you found it.
gwb

Postby mfay » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:37 pm

All the "usual" travel agents who do regular business with Desire have been booking Pearl for a few weeks now. Just look at the groups calendar here in the forum for those agents.
We never book the air together with the resort but I'd assume they all can- I know Char travel does and that is who we book through.
Mike
mfay

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl