Pearl Resort / Desire Resort

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Pearl Resort / Desire Resort

Postby Macneilldesire » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:09 pm

Does Pearl have the beautiful beds around the hot tub like Desire? where you can inteact with others without leaving the area?
Macneilldesire

Postby CokeMann » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Currently the Cieba del Mar property does not have them - but as part of the the renovation/conversion to Desire Pearl a larger Jacuzzi and beds surrounding it are being installed before it opens at the end of March
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Macneilldesire » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:56 pm

CokeMann wrote:Currently the Cieba del Mar property does not have them - but as part of the the renovation/conversion to Desire Pearl a larger Jacuzzi and beds surrounding it are being installed before it opens at the end of March

Thanks for that! Its sounds like it will be a lot of fun! and it looks like a lot more beach front also?
Macneilldesire

Postby CokeMann » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Macneilldesire wrote:Thanks for that! Its sounds like it will be a lot of fun! and it looks like a lot more beach front also?

Actually it is really the other way around - I just used Google Earth to measure how much beachfront is at each property

Desire RM has 610 ft of beachfront
Desire Pearl has 465 ft of beachfront

Pearl is overall a smaller property than Desire RM in that it has only 88 rooms compared to Desire RM with 114 rooms
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby shade » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:54 am

Things might have changed but when we were at Cieba for Halloween they did have beds (like the ones at the Desire Hottub) around what I called the conversation pool and a couple around the regular pool.
shade
Desire Convert

Postby mfay » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:20 am

shade wrote:Things might have changed but when we were at Cieba for Halloween they did have beds (like the ones at the Desire Hottub) around what I called the conversation pool and a couple around the regular pool.

I'm sure those were an effort by Ceiba's management to appease the takeover group organizers. But it will all change now. Here is what they are saying they are working on now:

"These are the improvements we are working on in Pearl's property:

Jacuzzy with Balinese beds and a swim up bar (Much bigger than Desire's)
Disco Obsession and playroom
Teak king size Balinese beach beds
Teak queen and twin size beds for the pool area
A/c in both restaurants. "
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby Macneilldesire » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:09 pm

CokeMann wrote:
Macneilldesire wrote:Thanks for that! Its sounds like it will be a lot of fun! and it looks like a lot more beach front also?

Actually it is really the other way around - I just used Google Earth to measure how much beachfront is at each property

Desire RM has 610 ft of beachfront
Desire Pearl has 465 ft of beachfront

Pearl is overall a smaller property than Desire RM in that it has only 88 rooms compared to Desire RM with 114 rooms

Thanks for that! However i meant to say the sandy area to the waters edge! The space looks greater at Pearl compared to my last vist to Desire!
Thanks Rob/Peg
Macneilldesire

Postby CokeMann » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Macneilldesire wrote:However i meant to say the sandy area to the waters edge! The space looks greater at Pearl compared to my last vist to Desire!
Thanks Rob/Peg

Ya it is sort of deceiving - the deepest part of the beachfront at RM is about 60ft from waters edge to the seawall which is the beginning of the actual Desire property line. However from waters edge to the front of the beach beds is only about 35 to 40ft sometimes less when there is a storm and higher tides.

At Pearl, from waters edge to the edge of the Pearl property line, the beach in front is about 62ft deep - but currently Cieba (to be Pearl) doesn't have any beach beds taking up beach depth.

I know it is in the plans for beach beds to be added before Pearl opens, but from the looks of the property they should be able to install them completely within their actual property line.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby feelsgood » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:17 am

mfay wrote:
"These are the improvements we are working on in Pearl's property:

Jacuzzy with Balinese beds and a swim up bar (Much bigger than Desire's)
Disco Obsession and playroom
Teak king size Balinese beach beds
Teak queen and twin size beds for the pool area
A/c in both restaurants. "

Yup - Jacuzzi is up and running and has a swim up bar with beds all around.
There are beds on the beach and a "few" around the pool - as we were leaving, they were constructing more beds on top of one of the restaurants as well as a really nice lounge area up there - very similar to the rooftop of Desire Cabo...
A/C in both restaurants and I never really felt uncomfortable - although it was quite breezy most nights while we were there.
feelsgood

Resort area beds and above restaurant

Postby IndCouple » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:44 am

feelsgood...Thanks for the info! I was wondering about the bed thing. That's good they are putting, or already did, more pretty much everywhere, especially the beach since there were none...been to too many resorts where it's just those palapas and the few beds (beach) were reserved for the select few.

Interesting info you gave about the area under transformation above the restaurant :) . I was looking at the aerial still available at the Ceiba del Mar website and the area caught my attention. A few lounge chairs appeared to be up there. I thought that seemed to be an ideal location for beds, lounge area etc. to relax, socialize and PDA/PDS.
IndCouple

Thanks for the update

Postby Macneilldesire » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:49 pm

We are on ower way to Perl for two nights! that was all that was available. Then desire for 8 starting this weekend! Mmmm it will be Unbelievable again i'm sure! Will update when we return!
Macneilldesire

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl