Desire Pearl in the News Today

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Desire Pearl in the News Today

Postby dandm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:54 pm

dandm
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Yawn - more Fox making news when none exists...

It was a hot topic on Trip Advisor when it was announced that Desire was to take over the Ceiba property - but it has long since quieted down.
http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g240327-i395-k5024993-Ceiba_del_Mar_to_become_Desire_Pearl_Resort-Puerto_Morelos_Yucatan_Peninsula.html
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby dandm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:22 pm

I've followed the conversation on trip advisor and found much of it humorous if nothing else. It makes sense that it's getting more attention now that it's actually opening. ost knew Pearl was coming, but with the actual view of nudists, it'll probably garner a bit more publicity now.
dandm
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Puerto Morelos has always been a quaint fishing village and never a tourist destination so the change of Ceiba to Desire will neither help nor hurt the towns economy.

If Fox and the towns people really where concerned about what is going to kill any potential tourist dollars then they should jump on the local Taxi union. They(local Taxi union) as of January this year unfairly raised the cost of taxis to and from all the resorts surrounding Puerto Morelos by typically 2X to 4X what it was before.

For instance a one way taxi from Desire into Puerto Morelos used to be 130 Pesos($13 USD) today that rate is 250 Pesos($25 USD) yet the cost of a taxi from anywhere within Puerto Morelos or to Play del Carmen, Airport is the same as it has always been. They just centered out all the resorts and slammed the tourists with exorbitant rates to get to and from Puerto Morelos
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby feelsgood » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:42 pm

These articles are way too funny anymore - wait until they figure out that their next door neighbors, children, or worse - PARENTS are swingers.

Yup - just normal, everyday, run of the mill people - we are EVERYWHERE!!
feelsgood

Postby sunflower25 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Even though I find this article humorous and comical, I am angry with some of the comments... "those people". Really? Most of us who frequent Desire are very educated, professional people who can afford to spend money where and when they like. I do not like that business owners don't want "those people" spending money at their establishments. That is just stupid! But, how would they feel if some dump opened and catered to drunk and stupid college kids. I am sorry but that is more ridiculous than a luxurious, upscale resort like Desire Pearl, RM or Cabo.
And, like another poster said, they could be very surprised to learn who they know might be a guest at Desire!
sunflower25
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:45 pm

feelsgood - I noticed that they deleted your post on TA but left the racist one up - who said TA is not biased..........

btw - here is the latest thread on TA about Pearl
http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g240327-i395-k5319527-Desire_resort_is_not_welcomed-Puerto_Morelos_Yucatan_Peninsula.html
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby wildandwackypacpl » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:58 pm

A lot of agendas on TA. And Fox News, for that matter.

How come we don't hear about the looky loos who come down the beach at Desire RM to look at the naked people? Bet those are some of the same people "shocked" that there are naked people on the beach.

Furthermore, last time I checked, New Jersey didn't fall into the sea by allowing nude sunbathing at Sandy Hook, so is that really a big deal?

Or is it just people moralizing about us evil "sinners" and looking for any way to impose their sense of morality on us?

Don't much care -- but a a businessman myself, generally speaking I don't trash folks who could be my best customers. Sad to see that seems to be happening in PM.
wildandwackypacpl

Postby Powderfinger » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:44 am

The funny thing is Ceiba has hosted occasional lifestyle weeks without any outcry, but change the name to Desire and the world is coming to an end.....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby bsakatm12 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:24 am

CokeMann wrote:feelsgood - I noticed that they deleted your post on TA but left the racist one up - who said TA is not biased..........

btw - here is the latest thread on TA about Pearl
http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g240327-i395-k5319527-Desire_resort_is_not_welcomed-Puerto_Morelos_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

I noticed they deleted a few more posts since the last time I read that thread. The ones they deleted were 'pro-Desire'. In the defense of the admins, they're probably deleting anything that users report as offensive.

If so many people loved Cieba and it was their favorite resort, why was their occupancy chronically so low that they conversion (or sale) was a financially attractive thing to do?

In the news story, what I read between the lines was the same complaint that I hear about all-inclusives everywhere. "The guests are not leaving the resort to spend money in my bar/restaurant/T-shirt shop."
bsakatm12
Desire Fan

Postby concansters » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Please don't bash this sleepy little town of Puerto Morelos. It is a quaint, family-type Mexican village and any quotes that the article may have printed, should not be taken too harshly. We have visited Puerto Morelos a handful of times when we have stayed at Desire RM. The town may have to do a little adjusting to the "nude" neighbors next door, but I don't think they should be slammed for being a little concerned. Heck, I would be concerned too if a Desire were to pop up down the road from my house, and we are seasoned Desire veterans ourselves, haha!
concansters
Desire Convert

Postby JandH » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:41 am

concansters wrote:Heck, I would be concerned too if a Desire were to pop up down the road from my house, and we are seasoned Desire veterans ourselves, haha!

If a Desire popped up down the road from my house, my concern would be how I could move in!
JandH
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl