Occupancy level

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Occupancy level

Postby loulou » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:52 pm

It would be interesting to know about occupancy level from week to week and in general.
From some older reviews we found out that it was in general about 30-40%. Is it correct assumption that the crowd is about 20-30 couples?
When you come back from Pearl can you please post the dates and number of people that were staying during that time?
thanks!
loulou
Desire Fan

Re: Occupancy level

Postby shannon&mikeTX » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:28 pm

That's a great question!
shannon&mikeTX

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2013

Postby puffer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:02 pm

Seems to us if rates were more reasonable the occupancy rates would be higher. Just sayin. Like to go but rates are ridiculously high IMO.
puffer
Desire Fan

We are from: USA

Postby CokeMann » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:47 pm

puffer wrote:Seems to us if rates were more reasonable the occupancy rates would be higher. Just sayin. Like to go but rates are ridiculously high IMO.

Just as a point of reference, March is still high season for all the resorts on the Yucatan - for instance the least expensive ocean front rooms at the following two resorts(just a short walk north of Desire Pearl) are charging for March

Excellence @ $528 per night per couple(special promo code)
Saphire @ $672.98 per night per couple

for the same time period Pearls least expensive ocean front room is $620 per night per couple and there are available "extras" that are certainly not available at the other two I mentioned :wink:
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby barryets » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:27 pm

We visited for the day while at Desire RM in June of 2012 and loved the facilities but the occupancy level was too low for our liking. We would love to go this summer but still have not read anything that says their occupancy level has increased. No one has stated what the latest numbers have been. Could any recent visitors post what they experienced?
barryets

Postby loulou » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:37 am

Sorry, I started this topic but did not update it when we came back.
We stayed for 10 nights from 12/6/12 thru 12/16/12.
From Friday thru Sunday the occupancy level was higher. I cannot give you exact percentage (could be ~ 60% (?)). But it was enough to see and participate in all activities (sport games in the morning, chats in jacuzzi, dancing in the lobby, disco show and dancing, and etc.). We met a lot of nice folks!
From Monday thru Wednesday there were less people. Again - I cannot say how many. I tried to count the heads during the disco show on Tuesday. There were about 40-50 people. Could it be that some folks were in their rooms or jacuzzi? Yes, it is possible.
Next Thursday we saw so many new faces! We came to the buffet for lunch at 1 PM and could not find an empty table!
Overall, more folks go to Pearl. Our personal opinion - it is MUCH better than original resort. We've been in Desire RM for 2 times before and visited it for 2 times during our stay at Pearl. We like it but Pearl is more attractive (rooms, beach, pool, jacuzzi, service, guests :)).
We will be back to Pearl in May - already booked! To our surprise the rates at Pearl are not as high as at Desire RM (management tactics to attract more people?).
loulou
Desire Fan

Postby heavyG » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:47 am

We were there in Sept 2012 - and mid week there was a day when there were only 6 couples staying there… very intimate. Weekend was a different story as they shifted other couples from Desire RM and Temptations in Cancun.

We're going back March 2nd -10th 2013, pretty sure that since it's been open a while and this is high season the place will be packed. In the end the resort / vacation is what you make it.
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Postby barryets » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:06 am

Thanks for the replies. I am happy to see things are picking up. I am also glad to hear they are still running shuttles between the resorts but I did not know they were allowing couples from Temptation to visit. How is that working? Are there many people from that resort visiting? We are planning to book the end of June and now are a little more comfortable with the Pearl even though we loved RM during our 6 trips there.
barryets

Postby heavyG » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:06 am

barryets wrote:Thanks for the replies. I am happy to see things are picking up. I am also glad to hear they are still running shuttles between the resorts but I did not know they were allowing couples from Temptation to visit. How is that working? Are there many people from that resort visiting? We are planning to book the end of June and now are a little more comfortable with the Pearl even though we loved RM during our 6 trips there.

The couples from Temptation weren't 'Visiting' for the day - the resort had moved them from Temptation in Cancun to Pearl for their entire stay. Apparently they were given the option during check-in at the other hotel and decided to switch - I think there were 3 couples?
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Postby CokeMann » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Just a fyi - Original Resorts which owns and operates all the of the Desire properties, Temptation, Aqua, etc do occasionally(when Temptation is overbooked) ask couples if they would move to a Desire property instead for a couple of nights rather than being "bumped" to the family style Aqua resort near Temptation in the Cancun HZ.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby loulou » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:03 pm

barryets wrote: I am also glad to hear they are still running shuttles between the resorts but I did not know they were allowing couples from Temptation to visit.

Actually there are no shuttles anymore. You have to take a cab ($15 one way).
More info:
If there is a takeover in Desire RM you cannot go during that time.
When we visited Desire RM during our stay at Pearl both times we had dinner. And they did not charge us $25 (as it was reported on one of the earlier posts). We agree that it was too much to pay $30 for the trip plus $25 for dinner.
loulou
Desire Fan

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl