First timer questions

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

First timer questions

Postby jaxzacks2 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:20 pm

I know it seems a long way away, but my wife and I are planning to celebrate our 20th anniversary at Desire in February 2014. We've never taken any vacation like this before--kind of difficult with 11 and 13 yo daughters!--but seeing the website and especially reading some of the posts on this site make it something we really want to do. We are newbies and I've read a lot of the advice given on this forum--thanks everyone!

But I have 3 questions that I haven't been able to find specific answers to.

First, is February a good time to go? It seemed like it might be off-season, and I wasn't sure if we can expect a half empty resort or not. And our anniversary is at the beginning of the month, but should we wait and go over Valentines Day since I imagine there might be a few things the resort might do different for that week.

Second are there a lot of men and women there who are there without partners? I imagine most of the people who come to Desire are couples, which we are looking forward to getting to know, but my wife we were wondering if a lot of "single" people come there.

And lastly, for our first trip, RM or Pearl?

Thanks for the feedback and we're looking forward to the next 14 months going by fast! :D
jaxzacks2

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Feb 2014

Re: First timer questions

Postby cuplnno » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:11 pm

We made our voyage trip in oct 2012
We are actually looking at returning in Feb 2013, not sure about the weather, but there seems to be several groups that time of year so the vibe shouldn't be a problem.
No singles at the resort.. Couples only, which I very much like.
we stayed at the Pearl, loved it, everyone we talked to that had been both said he facility at Pearl was nicer. Never been to RM but everyone raves over the vibe and they are remodeling.
cuplnno

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 10 Apr 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLC, SDC, Kasidie

Postby jaxzacks2 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks! We'd be interested to hear more feedback when you go in February--weather, how crowded the resort was, special "valentine's" activities, etc.
jaxzacks2

Postby SJCrazy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 pm

Your frame of reference depends on where you're from, but for most of the US I'd say winter is a great time to go. It probably won't be "hot 8) " at desire in February, but it's a lot warmer than where most of us live that time of year. I prefer to go someplace tropical in the winter for a nice change. Why the "high season" in Mexico is when it's really nice back home is beyond me!
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby misl » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 am

I think whenever you go you will have an amazing time. Just plan to relax and enjoy each other. If you have no other expectations and anything else happens then it is icining on the anniversary cake.

We have only been to Pearl and are going back.

No singles. Just couples.
misl
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 07 Jul 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, SDC

Postby jaxzacks2 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:15 am

Thanks for the feedback. We're almost 100% certain we will be going to Pearl in 2014. And thanks to this forum, we've been having LOTS of discussions about the trip. :D Most everyone who gives advice to newbies says the same 2 things: go with no expectaions and make sure there is a lot of communication between partners before and during the trip, so that's what we are going to do. I'd be curious to hear if anyone has been there over Valentine's Day and was it different/better than a regular trip. Thanks.
jaxzacks2

Postby dcklecz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:14 pm

What day is your anniversary? We're planning Feb 2014 as well and will be renewing our vows for our 15 yr anniversary on the 6th. We visited RM in June of this year, it was our first time at a Desire resort. We did spend a day at Pearl and loved it!!!! RM is great and the vibe is rockin but looking forward to Pearl.
Maybe we'll see you there :)
dcklecz

Postby jaxzacks2 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Our anniversary is on the 5th! We hadn't planned on renewing our vows but we maybe we should think about it--of course, we don't want to steal any ideas/plans that you guys have! But if you know of anything that Pearl does special for renewing vows, we would love to hear it. And it looks like we will most likely be there at the same time. We'd be interested in hearing any opinions/advice you learned from your first trip in June. As newbies, we're reading all the forums and having a lot of discussions, but you can never get too much information. February 2014 can't come fast enough!
jaxzacks2

Postby dcklecz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 am

Think it's a great idea to renew your vows! Especially if it's your 20th! Will send you a PM and share a little more about our trip in June.
dcklecz

Postby jaxzacks2 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:59 am

That would be great! Thanks! :D
jaxzacks2

Postby ZigMoGin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:06 pm

First timer here as well....not just on this board but also going to such a resort. :) Although it's not booked yet, we are planning on going to Pearl the first week in May. We are not swingers at all [and right now, don't plan on being swingers either]. We've been married 11 years with a 10-yr old, so we are just really looking forward to experiencing the vibe and excitement of such a surrounding with just the two of us with no kids. I really appreciate all the information here on the board and look forward to reading more.
ZigMoGin
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 01 May 2013

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl