June/July/August Groups

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

June/July/August Groups

Postby ClassNSass » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Hello, all. We are new members of this forum. Our travel history includes many visits to the Royal Resorts in Cancun and, in recent years, four trips to both Hedo's in Jamaica. After research and hearing testimonials from others, we very much want to "step up" to Pearl.

Our first trip to H3 was on our own. The last three trips to H3 and H2 were with a group. Beside the obvious group advantage of developing long-term relationships with people, other benefits include the more crass...discounted rates and no-bump guarantees. The no-bump guarantee is very important to us....we don't want to be dreaming of and planning for Pearl and then be bumped to RM. In my research of groups going to Pearl in June, July, and August, I've found none with room rates lower than the current promotion prices on the Pearl web site. In fact, most show the regular, non-discounted price. Mind you, I've only found three or four group web sites or their travel agent partners who even display the group's contracted room prices.

If any of you affiliated with groups traveling during that time period could provide me with info regarding group web sites, contact info and/or rates, no-bump guarantees, early booking discount drop-dead dates, etc., I would sure appreciate it. If you don't want to post rates here, feel free to PM. Thanks to all, in advance.
ClassNSass
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 19 Jul 2013

Re: June/July/August Groups

Postby CokeMann » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:23 pm

You CAN do your own research

All the groups(at least the ones that want to be known) for All the Desire Resorts are listed
on the Desire Forums Master Groups Calendar with links to how you can book each group.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby ClassNSass » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:27 pm

CokeMann wrote:You CAN do your own research

All the groups(at least the ones that want to be known) for All the Desire Resorts are listed
on the Desire Forums Master Groups Calendar with links to how you can book each group.

I had already looked at those before posting. Like I said, very few show rates and I don't recall any mention of "no bump" guarantees. With so few units at Pearl, comparatively, it is a concern.
ClassNSass
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 19 Jul 2013

Postby CokeMann » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:48 pm

FYI - We do not allow the rates for group trips to be published on the forums

Most groups do not publish their trip rates, you would have to contact the group or their TA to get the rate.

If you book via a TA sponsored group trip you are guaranteed a no bump situation since the TA has to contract for and pay for the number of rooms in advance of the trip.

In any case bumping at any of the Desire properties is a very rare occurrence.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl