What to wear at the Theme nights?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

What to wear at the Theme nights?

Postby Epic519 » Sat May 04, 2013 8:47 pm

I know what the theme nights are. But we are wondering what do most ladies wear. Is it usually sexy dresses and skirts? Or sexy see through clothes and lingerie? My girl wants to wear outfits you can hold in the palm of your hand. She is afraid she might be too underdressed compared to most. Any advice would be awesome.
Thanks
Epic519

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 May 2013

Re: What to wear at the Theme nights?

Postby SamAndRose » Sat May 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Epic519 wrote:My girl wants to wear outfits you can hold in the palm of your hand.

Sounds about right. Wear what you can't wear at home. Wear what you want to make you feel how you want to feel. It is your vacation. Enjoy it.
SamAndRose
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 02 Aug 2024

Postby Epic519 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:14 pm

I appreciate your feedback. But do you know what the majority usually wear. This will be our first time at a resort like this. We are open minded but will need to get warmed up to the resort. I know she would be uncomfortable if she was the only one dressed up like that.
Epic519

Postby KanDy » Sat May 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Epic519 wrote: My girl wants to wear outfits you can hold in the palm of your hand. She is afraid she might be too underdressed compared to most.

The beauty of this place my friend is anything goes. My wife and I were "first timers" last year and experienced the same concerns. Some nights my wife wore short sexy skirts or dresses. Other nights short shorts and see through tops with no bra. My favorite nights were those where she wore lingerie. On any given night she was never the most clothed nor the most unclothed. Your girl need not worry. You guys are sure to have a blast
KanDy
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 06 May 2014

Postby SamAndRose » Sat May 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Epic519 wrote:I appreciate your feedback. But do you know what the majority usually wear. This will be our first time at a resort like this. We are open minded but will need to get warmed up to the resort. I know she would be uncomfortable if she was the only one dressed up like that.

She won't be the only one dressed up 'like that'. That is the beauty of Desire. We all can go and escape from the real world and dress like that and we won't be alone. You will be there with a place full of other like-minded people who want to have fun just like you.

There are no strangers at Desire. Just friends you haven't met yet.
SamAndRose
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 02 Aug 2024

Postby tannaked » Mon May 06, 2013 5:35 am

Our theory is that if it is too risque to wear at home for a dinner date, it's perfect for Desire. Have fun!!!

Ritch
tannaked
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2020

Postby salnjr4fun » Mon May 06, 2013 11:53 am

Its impossible to be "underdressed" at Desire....
salnjr4fun
Desire Fan

Postby Epic519 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:06 am

For all the experienced Desire couples. What do you think are the percentage of sexy dresses to really sexy costumes or lingerie? Is it about even or would you say the room leans towards dresses or lingerie? Thanks again.
Epic519

Postby Condessa » Thu May 16, 2013 11:21 am

Hi, we were there a few weeks ago. The type of dress changed every night. Sometimes majority of women were dressed in sexy dress, not much revealing ones :roll: and sometimes they were more courageous and wore lingerie :) . I would say that the type of dress depends on your preference, eg. I tried to be as sexy as possible for my husband and did not care about others :)
Condessa
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 01 May 2013

Postby ru12play » Thu May 16, 2013 4:42 pm

salnjr4fun wrote:Its impossible to be "underdressed" at Desire....

I have to agree with you.
My wife had beautiful and elegant body paint done on her breasts at the resort and for the dinner around the pool on mardi gras theme night she wore a feather skirt, high heals, some bling earring + necklace jewelry, with a big smile. No top at all and she felt totally at ease, included, and accepted.

Staff were extradoinarily professional and it turned the entertainment staff were wearing some feathers as well. Guests were very respectful and complimentary on how beautiful the body paint was and also on how brave she was to go topless with paint as her outfit.

So imagine what you would wear, if you could, and then go for it. Acceptance and inclusion are the themes at Desire. Not judgement or exclusion.

Go live out your sexy dreams and know that you can be dignified and admired in your true and natural state. Perfection comes in many shapes and sizes.

Go play !
Next trip Oct 16 2016 Pearl
ru12play
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 16 Oct 2016

Postby candtdesire07 » Thu May 16, 2013 5:56 pm

No worries. All my wife's after dinner outfits fit in the palm of her hand. She usually wears a very sexy & sometimes revealing dress to dinner. After dinner she changes into her naughty things :D
As long as your wife feels sexy with what she wears, there is no wrong outfit.
candtdesire07
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 26 Jun 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby crab » Thu May 16, 2013 7:11 pm

You can't wear to little. My wife has worn nothing but body paint, top & bottom, and was dressed appropriately.
crab
Desire Fan

Postby FunLovers » Sat May 18, 2013 6:01 pm

My dinner outfits are sheer or have openings that show pretty much all my parts. Every time I go, I think "am I REALLY going to wear this to dinner"? Then I wear it and feel sexy as hell. They fit in my hand or really, can hang off my pinkie. I love it and I am sure your wife will too. My theme outfits are even less. I would say most women go with "less is more". Mind you, everyone is skimpy - there's just skimpy and then there's "pretty bare". Both are fun.

We were just naked all day long. Skimpy/barely there works! Just enough so I don't feel like total trash walking into a restaurant....

I knew being naked worked for me when I walked out of the room the morning of our last day of our first Desire visit just a few years ago, completely naked, looked at my husband and said "whoops, I forgot to put on any clothes to walk to the pool"! We still laugh about that moment.

One week to go - whoohoo!!
FunLovers
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 12 Nov 2019

Postby Epic519 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:42 pm

Thank you all for the helpful replies! This is Mrs. Epic519 and I feel so much more comfortable with my outfit choices and I appreciate the feedback! I think I drove Mr. Epic519 crazy with my constant worrying that this was too short, this shows waaaay too much! We're newbies so we're not sure what to expect, but I'm open and confident so don't mind showing a little (or in a lot of cases, a lot!). Glad to know Pearl is an accepting and free spirited place! This forum has eased a lot of worries and concerns. FunLovers, we've got a little over a week until our arrival, so we might run into you!
Epic519

Postby Funtimes111 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:49 pm

For eyes wide shut should my wife just wear lingerie with heels?
Funtimes111
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Jul 2013

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl