beach stroll naked/topless

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

beach stroll naked/topless

Postby gaviao » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:11 pm

My wife likes to walk on the sand and I use to go with her.
How far can we adventure naked from Desire Pearl in both directions North and South?
Is it common walk topless in front of most of hotels until the Puerto Morelos Dock?
15 days and counting!
Thanks
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Re: beach stroll naked/topless

Postby CokeMann » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:21 pm

You can walk nude/topless from the north to south end Desire beach property line(or visa versa). btw - you can also be nude/topless on the Pearl pier

Beyond the north or south end Desire beach property lines (female)topless and/or nude is not allowed.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby tommer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:52 pm

CokeMan, I am curious. My wife and I just returned from Pearl and we sure did take advantage of being nude on the Desire beachfront, but she also went topless when we walked nearly 2 miles each way daily up and down the beach. One couple we saw walked the same distance to the town and beyond completely nude. What are the sanctions, especially for the topless part of it all if one walks beyond the Desire property? On our return trip, I don't want us to offend others or get into any kind of trouble with the authorities. What are others' experiences? Thanks!
tommer
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby gaviao » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Regarding toplessnes, I tend to believe more in the Tommer opinion. My wife has often walked topfree for miles in Riviera Maya Beaches; certanly not nude. But we haven't been in Puerto Morelos area since 9 years ago or something. For this reason we wanted to be actualized on the topic.
Thanks to both of you.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby CokeMann » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:19 pm

tommer wrote:CokeMan, I am curious. ..............

Honestly, what I don't want(and I'm sure none of the guests at Pearl want as well) is to stir up the type of dialog and fear mongering on TA and the local PM citizens committee that occurred when Desire Pearl first opened.

Topless is somewhat accepted in the Cancun HZ, around Playa and the Tulum area, but not at most of the resorts north of Desire nor certainly to the south on the town beaches of Puerto Morelos.

As to being nude outside of the Desire property line definitely not recommended, if the local police are called and you are stopped because of it you may be charged with public indecency or disturbing the peace

In Mexico something that is not specifically defined as illegal may be a misdemeanor anyway. In other words, the local code may not actually mention nudism, but it can be penalized at the discretion of the authorities if it is considered to be disturbing the peace
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby dnbinmi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:48 am

Honestly, what I don't want(and I'm sure none of the guests at Pearl want as well) is to stir up the type of dialog and fear mongering on TA and the local PM citizens committee that occurred when Desire Pearl first opened.

I agree with you CokeMann, the last thing Pearl needs is to have a backlash because we need to go off the property and not be clothed. There was a lot of concern last year when Ceiba del Mar changed over to Pearl. While Pearl has probably increased the economy a bit in Puerto Morelos it's probably not enough that they will tolerate naked or topless people walking on the public beach. There are lots of little resorts along the way and private homes and condos. There aren't many places like the Desire resorts anywhere else. :US
dnbinmi
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 19 Nov 2014

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl