dinner dress code

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

dinner dress code

Postby Funtimes111 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:08 pm

How strict is the dress code for men at Pearl restaurant? We plan on eating there every night and I will have dress slacks and collared shirts for a few nights but would like to wear nice jeans and a nice dressy tshirt a couple times.
Funtimes111
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 27 Jul 2013

Re: dinner dress code

Postby trubluz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Just left Sunday you will be fine just no open sandals for men.
Her curves can be adventurous!
Kasidie: madgerman
SLS: madgerman69
KIK: azmadgerman69
trubluz
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 29 Jun 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Becc352 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:20 pm

How about sandals at Aphrodite?
Becc352
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 16 Aug 2013

Postby thekastle » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:25 pm

From the Desire Pearl Website - Dress Code for Restaurants

Pearl

À la carte dinner from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Dress code for dinner: Elegant- Men wear long pants, sleeved and collared shirts. Men's sandals are not accepted. Women wear sensual night outfits.

Aphrodite

Dinner from 6:60 pm to 10:00 pm. . [Note sure what 6:60 is].
Dress code: Smart casual- No shorts, sleeveless shirts or men's sandals.

Suki Terrace

À la carte light dinner from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday)
Dress code for dinner: Elegant- Men wear long pants, sleeved and collared shirts. Men's sandals are not accepted. Women wear sensual night outfits.

Not exactly sure how enforcement may be, however as I read between the lines, shorts for men are not permitted in any of the restaurants for dinner at all. Men's sandals are not acceptable either. Dress casual would be nice at one of them. (i.e. Bermuda shorts, belt, collared shirt, etc.). We will conform regardless of opinion.

The trip report for Pearl by trubluz, (Great report!); (Pearl Virgins Desire Resort Lovers June 30th - July 7, 2013) speak of Suki "they also had a sushi bar outside of Pearl". Is it inside as a third choice (NEW) for a restaurant (as depicted by Cokeman) on this site or outside?

Also, trubluz speaks of a Dinner Buffet, "Met B&D for dinner at the buffet which was Oriental night and I was tired of Pearl and hadn’t tried the buffet for dinner yet." Is Aphrodite a buffet or A la carte as their website indicates? Don't really care, but it would be nice to know.

Any additional input would be appreciated.
thekastle
Desire Fan

Postby trubluz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:33 pm

thekastle wrote:From the Desire Pearl Website - Dress Code for Restaurants

Pearl

À la carte dinner from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Dress code for dinner: Elegant- Men wear long pants, sleeved and collared shirts. Men's sandals are not accepted. Women wear sensual night outfits. Men wore short sleeved collared and non collared shirts during our visit.

Aphrodite

Dinner from 6:60 pm to 10:00 pm. . [Note sure what 6:60 is].
Dress code: Smart casual- No shorts, sleeveless shirts or men's sandals.Shorts were allowed for men and women sandals also were allowed

Suki Terrace

À la carte light dinner from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday)
Dress code for dinner: Elegant- Men wear long pants, sleeved and collared shirts. Men's sandals are not accepted. Women wear sensual night outfits. again we saw a few with shorts on as this is outside of the Pearl resteraunt and due to temps very very humid and can be a bit warm in evening still

Not exactly sure how enforcement may be, however as I read between the lines, shorts for men are not permitted in any of the restaurants for dinner at all. Men's sandals are not acceptable either. Dress casual would be nice at one of them. (i.e. Bermuda shorts, belt, collared shirt, etc.). We will conform regardless of opinion. very very laxed dress code enforcement at Aphrodite dinner buffet

The trip report for Pearl by trubluz, (Great report!)Thanks!; (Pearl Virgins Desire Resort Lovers June 30th - July 7, 2013) speak of Suki "they also had a sushi bar outside of Pearl". Is it inside as a third choice (NEW) for a restaurant (as depicted by Cokeman) on this site or outside? outside just on the patio outside of Pearl restaurant

Also, trubluz speaks of a Dinner Buffet, "Met B&D for dinner at the buffet which was Oriental night and I was tired of Pearl and hadn’t tried the buffet for dinner yet." Is Aphrodite a buffet or A la carte as their website indicates? Don't really care, but it would be nice to know. Aphrodite is a buffet for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, however they do also offer an A la carte menu at Breakfast and lunch not sure on Dinner A la carte we never asked.

Any additional input would be appreciated.

Any other questions feel free to pm me if you want.
trubluz
Desire Superstar

Postby CokeMann » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:41 pm

thekastle wrote:The trip report for Pearl by trubluz, (Great report!); (Pearl Virgins Desire Resort Lovers June 30th - July 7, 2013) speak of Suki "they also had a sushi bar outside of Pearl". Is it inside as a third choice (NEW) for a restaurant (as depicted by Cokeman) on this site or outside?

In the longer term the plans for the new SUKI TERRACE (sushi)restaurant is to be permanently located on a terrace upstairs above the Aphrodite restaurant

Also, trubluz speaks of a Dinner Buffet, "Met B&D for dinner at the buffet which was Oriental night and I was tired of Pearl and hadn’t tried the buffet for dinner yet." Is Aphrodite a buffet or A la carte as their website indicates? Don't really care, but it would be nice to know.

The Aphrodite restaurant offers buffet AND a la carte for breakfast, lunch and depending on the night may be buffet AND a la carte or just buffet only.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby ClassNSass » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:19 pm

FWIW....Castaways Travel just sent us our "things to know about Pearl" info (we arrive 7/19). The owners of Castaways were at Pearl recently. They specifically state several times in the info that long pants for men are only required at the Pearl restaurant...not Aphrodite. I know that's not what Pearl's web site says...so take it for what it's worth.
ClassNSass
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 19 Jul 2013

Postby trubluz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:22 pm

CokeMann wrote:
thekastle wrote:The trip report for Pearl by trubluz, (Great report!); (Pearl Virgins Desire Resort Lovers June 30th - July 7, 2013) speak of Suki "they also had a sushi bar outside of Pearl". Is it inside as a third choice (NEW) for a restaurant (as depicted by Cokeman) on this site or outside?

In the longer term the plans for the new SUKI TERRACE (sushi)restaurant is to be permanently located on a terrace upstairs above the Aphrodite restaurant

The Aphrodite restaurant offers buffet AND a la carte for breakfast, lunch and depending on the night may be buffet AND a la carte or just buffet only.

Yes, CokeMann that is what we were told but not until they install some sort of secure railing as the railing now only comes up to your shins. Well us anyways at 5'10 & 6'. It does offer an amazing view so it will be great once they get it set up.
trubluz
Desire Superstar

Postby SLINON » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Honestly, I am really shocked, I thought that the beach grill/Dinner service had a more casual feel. I was hoping that hubby could wear a nice pair of golf shorts and shirt with a collar to this restaurant! Now there is no point to packing any shorts for him. People don't want to dress up every day of vacation. Maybe we will just order room service then rather then dress up to the nines for every single meal for 8 nights...
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Postby MandD » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:59 pm

I dont dress up much at home so i kind of enjoy it on vacation, but in the same breath it is YOUR vacation so on some level you should be able to do as you please.
C4P - MandD_Desire
KIK - MandD_Desire2
MandD
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby Becc352 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:43 am

I wrote the resort and got a response from Valentina that sandals for men at Aphrodite is fine, no problem. I'm actually going to print it off and take with us to the resort. I don't think there will be a problem.
Becc352
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 16 Aug 2013

Postby couple469 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:48 pm

We read through these post/answers and here is what we have have gathered for MEN
...at the Pearl Restaurant Slacks /button down shirt (short sleeve???)and regular shoes No Sandals
Same attire at the Sushi Bar

However at the Aphrodite restaurant from what we understand men CAN wear shorts and sandals with a Nice T shirt ???

Can some one please chime in on more thing , at the above two restaurants can the shirt be a button down short sleeve shirt or does it have to be a Full sleeve shirt?
couple469
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Sep 2014

Postby westcpl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:29 pm

I wore a short sleeve shirt to both restaurants (Sushi wasn't open then) and no one said anything. Take both just to be sure. I didn't wear them, but I had dress short with me just in case.
Women, take a shoulder shawl. You'll be glad you did. Sometimes the restaurants feel like a meat locker..really!!
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Aug 2019

Postby heavyG » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:27 am

Just got back from our 3rd trip to Pearl - and we have to say that the general state of the men's dress for dinner was a bit of a sore point for us… It seems like a fair number of the the guys just can't be bothered to even try to dress up or dress to impress, while the women are all but expected to get into their finest attire.
Here is what we observed:

Pearl Restaurant - Men are turned away if they are wearing shorts or open toed shoes. As for shirts we saw T-shirts, logo'd golf shirts, & short sleeved shirts; pants ranged from Dress pants to jeans with holes. Most of the guys did try to make an effort and wore well tailored pants and collared long sleeved shirts, after all this is supposed to be the resorts 'Fine Dining' option with sit down service and a dress to impress theme. Really doesn't take much effort, and we did some men in sport coats.

Suki Terrace - Saw men in shorts / T-shirts. but this is an outside restaurant, so it was a little warm but not uncomfortably so in late July. Mr. G. still dressed up to eat here, as did most of the other men… Just a few slackers.

Aphrodite This is the casual spot for dinner, couples in beach attire / flip flops / bare feet, right up to couples who dressed for Pearl or the disco but decided to eat at the buffet.

'Around the Pool' A couple of nights they had tables set out 'Al Fresco' around the pool- essentially the same as Aphrodite.

From my (Mrs. here) perspective; those guys who couldn't be bothered to dress up to match what their wives were wearing - showed a complete lack of respect. 'Too hot', or 'I wear a suit to work', are pretty lame excuses and the badge of 'I never dress up' is well and truly very weak.
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Postby Funtimes111 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:33 pm

We just got back from our trip. To Pearl restaurant our group wore shoes, dress slacks or nice jeans with a Short sleeved vneck or nice tshirt or short sleeve collar shirt. Anyone who thinks a long sleeve shirt is better or jeans are not appropriate is either an elder statesman or not in touch with modern style. There is nothing wrong with sleeves but it is not better then a nice short sleeve shirt. It all depends on your look. I agree that the men should be stylish but the points in the previous post don't distinguish that. Sandals and shorts are prohibited. I dressed the same for the other spots but shorts and sandals are allowed.
Funtimes111
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Jul 2013

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl