dinner dress code

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: dinner dress code

Postby heavyG » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:48 am

Funtimes111 wrote:We just got back from our trip. To Pearl restaurant our group wore shoes, dress slacks or nice jeans with a Short sleeved vneck or nice tshirt or short sleeve collar shirt. Anyone who thinks a long sleeve shirt is better or jeans are not appropriate is either an elder statesman or not in touch with modern style. There is nothing wrong with sleeves but it is not better then a nice short sleeve shirt. It all depends on your look. I agree that the men should be stylish but the points in the previous post don't distinguish that. Sandals and shorts are prohibited. I dressed the same for the other spots but shorts and sandals are allowed.

Maybe I (Mrs. heavyG) should have been clearer - Yes short sleeve shirts and jeans can be stylish as can a wide range of clothing, suits are not always required nor are they always stylish either. My gripe is about the guys who show up for dinner (in the sit down restaurant) or to the club wearing the same worn out grubby jeans and cheap ass stained T shirt or give away poly golf shirt with the insurance company logo that sponsored the golf tournament… In other words I saw guys so far from stylish, they could have been at the Home Depot on Saturday morning picking up supplies to do some plumbing in the basement, while their wives /partners were dressed to the nines. Then these guys boasted about 'never dressing up'.

Style is definitely a personal taste, and is different for everyone, just stating what I saw, and what I prefer.

Mrs. G.
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:07 am

Agree with Mrs. G, it was our pleasure to dine with them one evening and it was a treat! As for dinner dress, I (E) always bring a couple pairs of Tommy Bahama silk pants and designer jeans so I wear the top to match the pants, silk camp shirt with the Tommy's and some sort of club shirt/top with jeans. No doubt it's about the women but the guys should make some sort of effort to impress. I know, I know....it's your vacation and you should wear what's comfortable and appropriate to you. However, it's a bit embarrasing to see guys, one after another, being turned away from the restaurant because they were wearing shorts.

Anyway, take a nice outfit or two for dinner and dress sexy for the club....then after hours take it off and have some fun! That's what it's all about, have a great, sexy time and enjoy your vacation!!!
Last edited by eddieandjojo on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby heavyG » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:45 am

eddieandjojo wrote:Agree with Mrs. G, it was our pleasure to dine with them one evening and it was a treat! As for dinner dress, I (E) alwasy bring a couple pairs of Tommy Bahama silk pants and designer jeans so I wear the top to match the pants, silk camp shirt with the Tommy's and some sort of club shirt/top with jeans. No doubt it's about the women but the guys should make some sort of effort to impress. I know, I know....it's your vacation and you should wear what's comfortable and appropriate to you. However, it's a bit embarrasing see guys, one after another being turned away from the restaurant because they were wearing shorts.

Anyway, take a nice outfit or two for dinner and dress sexy for the club....then after hours take it off and have some fun! That's what it's all about, have a great, sexy time and enjoy your vacation!!!

eddieandjojo always looked hot… especially later when E would strip down in the club!
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Postby C2C » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:21 pm

heavyG wrote:
Maybe I (Mrs. heavyG) should have been clearer - Yes short sleeve shirts and jeans can be stylish as can a wide range of clothing, suits are not always required nor are they always stylish either. My gripe is about the guys who show up for dinner (in the sit down restaurant) or to the club wearing the same worn out grubby jeans and cheap ass stained T shirt or give away poly golf shirt with the insurance company logo that sponsored the golf tournament… In other words I saw guys so far from stylish, they could have been at the Home Depot on Saturday morning picking up supplies to do some plumbing in the basement, while their wives /partners were dressed to the nines. Then these guys boasted about 'never dressing up'.

Style is definitely a personal taste, and is different for everyone, just stating what I saw, and what I prefer.

We are in our 30's and have to agree. What you are describing is a "lazy slob" who can not be bothered to dress to impress. We run into this all of the time, women look there best and are accompanied by slobbenly husbands. So difficult to find a couple who exudes sexiness & class.

Please leave the khakis at home! Designer jeans, slacks, club wear, linen slacks - look your best in whatever it is you decide to wear.
C2C
Desire Convert

Postby Lucie73 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:58 pm

:CAN We are Hedonism 11/ Desire Cabo refugees; so maybe that explains our point of view. My husband will endure long pants and closed toe shoes if another couple invites us to a restaurant where this is required but the whole reason we go on vacation is to GET NAKED !!!!! Interesting contradiction that the same people who love being naked all day and late in the evening want to put on a jacket and a tie, dress pants, socks and shoes. The most unsexy image I personally can imagine is a man wearing socks, dress shoes, long pants and a jacket in the tropics. Good thing its like a meat locker in the Pearl restaurant; men in suits dripping with sweat are in my opinion, not sexually appealing. Plus I get hot flashes so frosty air conditioning is cool with me too even if I am wearing a skimpy sundress !! Don't get me wrong; I like wearing full length glamorous evening gowns as well and for funerals and weddings I totally expect my man to wear a suit. However, my husband is a truck driver and I personally think truck drivers are far more sexy than men who wear suits to work. I don't need a 'sugar daddy' I kind of like being a 'Sugar Momma' from time to time ... Sooo it is far more complex than simply saying a man dressed down with a women dressed up is disrespectful to the woman. It took me several years of Naked Vacations to get my husband to dress up with me for theme night in a matching tutu and his AC/DC pajamas and pirate long hair. He loved it so much he insisted on dressing like this every night in the disco; never mind the actual theme. :wink: My dad who was a minister hated dressing up and he was forced to in front of the congregation every Sunday. He used to call it 'putting on the monkey suit and the dog collar'. So the men that go to all that trouble should have no difficulty dressing in theme to compliment their wives too, every night.
Last edited by Lucie73 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucie73

Postby CokeMann » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Lucie73 wrote: Interesting contradiction that the same people who love being naked all day and late in the evening want to put on a jacket and a tie, dress pants, socks and shoes.

FYI - There is no requirement at either of the Desire properties to wear "jacket and a tie, dress pants, socks and shoes" in any of the restaurants !

Personally I hate wearing suits/tie/jacket etc anywhere - LOL

I have no problem(actually enjoy it after a day of complete bareness) putting on a nice tropical print short sleeve shirt, a light pair of dockers and some comfy close toed sandals ie what some call "resort casual"- that's it for me total(clothes wise) and never been turned away from any of the restaurants. :D
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Gemini Rose » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:55 am

CokeMann wrote:
I have no problem(actually enjoy it after a day of complete bareness) putting on a nice tropical print short sleeve shirt, a light pair of dockers and some comfy close toed sandals ie what some call "resort casual"- that's it for me total(clothes wise) and never been turned away from any of the restaurants. :D

:L :L :L THANK YOU!! Exactly what my husband does! We're on vacation, try to pack lightly to only have carry-on luggage, I'm fine with it and the only person he has to "impress" is me :D
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby miranda » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:37 am

We always travel with carry-on*s only and have never had a *problem* with either one of us dressing *appropriately* for dinner. Hubby wouldn*t even think to bring his jeans (they would be too hot), nor would he even think about wearing a t-shirt to dinner. One pair of light-weight long pants doesn*t take up that much room in the suitcase, nor does a couple of short sleeved, button down shirts, although he does bring a different one for every night.

I think it*s more about the guys who feel that it*s okay to wear their beach shorts, shirts and sandals \ flip flops to dinner that most of us are talking about being *inappropriate* at dinner time.

Check out the Desire Home Page and they actually give a very good description as to the how*s and why*s about the dinner dress code.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Funtimes111 wrote:How strict is the dress code for men at Pearl restaurant? We plan on eating there every night and I will have dress slacks and collared shirts for a few nights but would like to wear nice jeans and a nice dressy tshirt a couple times.

Okay, so let's not lose sight of the original post, they asked how strict is the dress code for men at the Pearl restaurant. Dress codes is as follows:

Dress code for dinner: Elegant- Men wear long pants, sleeved and collared shirts. Men's sandals are not accepted. Women wear sensual night outfits.
We were just there a couple weeks back and saw three men get turned away because they were wearing shorts! Very simple and straightforward, wear shorts and/or sandals and you will either need to go back to your room and change OR just go to the other restaurant (Aphrodite)......oh yeah, room service is also available if you don't care to follow the code.

Not trying to be an ass, just trying to answer the question! Everyone has their preference, that's what makes this place awesome but if you want to eat dinner at the Pearl restaurant, wear long pants.
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby SLINON » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:37 pm

So bearing in mind all the information shared here.....Would long sleeve button down shirts be too hot to wear in November? We just finished up some shopping and got DH some very nice shirts but I'm not sure if he will be too hot to wear sleeves in the lobby and Disco..?? ..... For dinner, he will wear long sleeve at the Pearl rest. but just wondering if he will have to change into some type of short sleeve shirt for the entertainment and Disco??
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Postby David Donna » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:09 pm

SLINON wrote:So bearing in mind all the information shared here.....Would long sleeve button down shirts be too hot to wear in November? We just finished up some shopping and got DH some very nice shirts but I'm not sure if he will be too hot to wear sleeves in the lobby and Disco..?? ..... For dinner, he will wear long sleeve at the Pearl rest. but just wondering if he will have to change into some type of short sleeve shirt for the entertainment and Disco??

Just got back from the Pearl. November will be much drier than what we just experienced and just a tad bit cooler in the evening. I do like to dress with a shirt and tie, sometimes vest, sometimes suit, for dinner in the Pearl restaurant. More casual in Aphrodite but it is under renovation until October 10th. Since we knew about the closure of Aphrodite, I did pack more dress clothes than usual for this jaunt down south. When in the disco, the sleeves and shirt get unbuttoned as I dance the night away. And when you get really hot, then just head to the playroom and take it all off!
David Donna
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 25 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: cafe desire

Postby SLINON » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:34 am

HA!...I love it...sounds like a good plan to me ;). Start with layers and end up au natural by the end of the night. Sounds like a rough place to visit lol!
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Postby COCONKITTY » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:17 am

eddieandjojo wrote:Agree with Mrs. G, it was our pleasure to dine with them one evening and it was a treat! As for dinner dress, I (E) always bring a couple pairs of Tommy Bahama silk pants and designer jeans so I wear the top to match the pants, silk camp shirt with the Tommy's and some sort of club shirt/top with jeans. No doubt it's about the women but the guys should make some sort of effort to impress. I know, I know....it's your vacation and you should wear what's comfortable and appropriate to you. However, it's a bit embarrasing to see guys, one after another, being turned away from the restaurant because they were wearing shorts.

You are right but- my girl would say nothing looks better on a man than a man who knows something about style and pizzazz. Women are visual as well(but, give them something to look at)....Men-step up your game...look nice for your baby girl--look even hotter as a couple!!

C/K

C/K
Kitty & CoCo
COCONKITTY
Desire Addict

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2020

Postby COCONKITTY » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:27 am

C2C wrote:
heavyG wrote:

We are in our 30's and have to agree. What you are describing is a "lazy slob" who can not be bothered to dress to impress. We run into this all of the time, women look there best and are accompanied by slobbenly husbands. So difficult to find a couple who exudes sexiness & class.

Please leave the khakis at home! Designer jeans, slacks, club wear, linen slacks - look your best in whatever it is you decide to wear.

I AGREE TO THIS POSTING 100% Men please step up your fashion game--khakis eckkk so dayum vanilla and 'that' golf shirt whewww!! Yeah i agree style is personal taste but some people ain't got good taste or style-or know appropriateness--when by now (at this level) a person would...Desire is not a low end resort!

...c'mon... and many of these men are professional men...c'mon fellas dress up a bit even at leisure you can look sharp and hot-ask your woman how you should dress..But, that's just it!!if your wife don't say anything about it..then [-X ..well....you get what you pay for...or don't pay for...(OUCH!!) :shock:
Kitty & CoCo
COCONKITTY
Desire Addict

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2020

Postby it's all good! » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:44 am

DRIVES MY WIFE NUTS!!!
As the owner of one Canada's top Men's Online Clothing stores for many years............ Why men can't dress to impress their wives just doesn't make sense to us!

Typically our better halves dress sexy, provocative, beautiful, and go out of their way to look the best they can!!
Meanwhile, I see men wear extremely casual shorts, khakis, or t-shirts, "because they are on holidays"!

Guys, if you are not going to dress for the theme nights, TRY and look HOT for your wives!! It is amazing how excited they get when they see their husband dressing to impress!

There's my rant......been driving me nuts for years! :D
Remember, "it's all good, we'll see you in the hot tub!"........January can't come soon enough!

Don
it's all good!
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Jan 2017

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl