Second Thoughts About Pearl?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Second Thoughts About Pearl?

Postby Hottublover » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:16 pm

:D When are you going in November? Sounds like it would be a great time for us to check out Pearl? John & Jenn, you will have a great trip. You can't go wrong being at either Desire. Lots to be excited about: Mexico, Sun, Beach, Relaxing, Fun People :D
Hottublover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 31 Jul 2014

Postby SLINON » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:20 pm

Don't second guess your decision, you will love it at pearl, this is a one of a kind fun and quality place! Hope you have a fantastic, sexy fun vacation to remember forever!! I know we will!! And we will also be back there in the new year!!!
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Postby SLINON » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:09 pm

We will be at Pearl from Nov 15 - 23...trying to spice up our lives...and hopefully having a ton of fun over at Pearl. We have decided that all of our yearly or twice yearly vacations will be at the Desire Properties....too bad about Cabo but now we will probably alternate between Pearl and RM. Unless we find that Pearl is the only place for us..which is totally likely based on everything we've read so far!!!
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Postby C2C » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:11 pm

We were there at the end of April -

Great Service, beautiful spacious rooms, amazing huge pool
Amazing beach - tiptoe over the first few feet of rock/shells and your in smooth soft sand
Very good food - for lunch order the shrimp tacos off the menu
Bartenders & Drinks - Top shelf everything,have the pool bartenders make you a coffee ice cream chocolate shot. Sip on some Don Julio Anejo with a sangrita back, have the hot tub bartender give you a sample of all the native Mexican liqueurs.
Entertainment Staff - Play sand volleyball & water basketball & get involved with meeting others. Nothing better than a naked swim in the ocean after a sweaty game of sand volleyball. We think its polite to wear bottoms while on the volleyball court
Hot Tub - its huge, its hot, and people are friendly. If you make new friends ask the bartender for chocolate sauce & use the bar to lay the girls down for some chocolate covered boobs. Hot tub is very active after 4pm to 7pm and again after 10pm
Night Entertainment - Dance away in the lobby to the bands after dinner & the Entertainment staff brings in great performers. Strippers to Acrobats! Crowd participation is encouraged so don't be shy

The guests - outgoing, sexy, fun, polite. Talk to people, mingle & have fun. Your trip is only as fun & outrageous as you want to make it. You can be involved in the daily/nightly activities or sit back and relax - the choice is yours. We had big crowds every night for the Entertainment but once the DJ got going around 11pm - many folks headed to the hot-tub or back to there rooms after about 30-minutes of dancing.

Pearl definitely was relaxing and not go go go party resort. We thought it was perfect.

We have not been to RM, but Pearl from the pictures is so much nicer - We are heading back to Pearl in October.
C2C
Desire Convert

Postby John&Jenn » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Hottublover wrote::L Have you been to CO resorts before. It really is all about what you desire. Don't worry about the weather. One of the best days we had there was when it was pouring.

:lol: My husband's favorite thing to say about that is "who cares! It's not like our clothes are going to get wet!" :-D
John&Jenn
Desire Fan

Postby ourfuntrip » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:50 pm

I am curious what worries you about RM? You know what Desire is about and seem to embrace it, but worry you will be the prudes at RM? I am not trying to change your mind, just curious. We have never been to Pearl, but have been to RM many times. So we are obviously biased :)
ourfuntrip
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 14 Oct 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie LL

Postby John&Jenn » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:22 pm

ourfuntrip wrote:I am curious what worries you about RM? You know what Desire is about and seem to embrace it, but worry you will be the prudes at RM? I am not trying to change your mind, just curious. We have never been to Pearl, but have been to RM many times. So we are obviously biased :)

That's kind of the same question I'm asking myself actually! ;-)) Someone answered one of my questions with a pretty funny-but true response, saying something like "If you want a faster party, go to RM, if you want a little conversation with your sex chose Pearl" And I thought that sounded about right, with everything we've read around here. . . I'm thinking since its our first time to a c/o resort we might want to start at a slower pace and get used to the water, so to speak. . . And I think that will still satisfy everything we're hoping for even if it does end up being a little bit quieter at Pearl than at RM. From the "Arriving in Sept" thread I can see a good number of people just from the forum here will be in and out during our stay so I know we won't be alone! (We're not flying all that way just to put on a show for the birds! :bj ) heeheheee. . .
John&Jenn
Desire Fan

Postby ourfuntrip » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:01 pm

That makes sense. Although my first ever "lifestyle", nude experience was Hedo. Somehow he talked me into staying on the nude side of the resort and I went for it. We had a period of doubt but went in full force and never looked back! I am sure you will have a fantastic time, and maybe you can visit RM to see how the two compare.
ourfuntrip
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 14 Oct 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie LL

Postby candtdesire07 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:27 am

John&Jenn wrote:
ourfuntrip wrote:I am curious what worries you about RM? You know what Desire is about and seem to embrace it, but worry you will be the prudes at RM? I am not trying to change your mind, just curious. We have never been to Pearl, but have been to RM many times. So we are obviously biased :)

That's kind of the same question I'm asking myself actually! ;-)) Someone answered one of my questions with a pretty funny-but true response, saying something like "If you want a faster party, go to RM, if you want a little conversation with your sex chose Pearl" And I thought that sounded about right, with everything we've read around here. . . I'm thinking since its our first time to a c/o resort we might want to start at a slower pace and get used to the water, so to speak. . . And I think that will still satisfy everything we're hoping for even if it does end up being a little bit quieter at Pearl than at RM. From the "Arriving in Sept" thread I can see a good number of people just from the forum here will be in and out during our stay so I know we won't be alone! (We're not flying all that way just to put on a show for the birds! :bj ) heeheheee. . .

Seriously, no worries. You won't be labeled as "prudes" at either place.
Been to both resorts. We prefer RM. Pearl is nicer but for our week away from kids & reality, RM is more our speed.
Both resorts are similar from morning to early evening. After dinner is where they differ.
There is a better flow to RM, the lobby bar area at RM makes after dinner time flow seamlessly into the nightly entertainment, then disco.
Pearls lobby bar is stuffy & hot with little airflow. If you like to dance & have fun in the disco and/or playroom, Pearl disappoints.
The hottub at Pearl is awesome but the intimacy & view at RM's hot tub makes for a better experience in our opinion.
For first timers, you can't choose wrong. Why not spend the first half of your trip at Pearl & the second half at RM? That way you can form your own opinion on which resort you want to spend your next vacation at.
A few hours on a day trip to the "other" Desire isn't nearly enough time to make an informed decision on which place is more your style.
candtdesire07
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Jun 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby neatfeet » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:21 am

Yes we are spending 4 nights at each Resort in December. Think we will experience it all before we are done!
neatfeet
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019

Postby Le Couteau Cache' » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:14 pm

DMR and Pearl are about 95% the same, the minor differences being room size and restaurant choices. I don't care for people characterizing one being the wild, crazy party place and the other being too quiet or prudish. Neither is true. If you want to have romance and sex, both places are equally conducive. If you want to hook up with another couple, again both are equally conducive to this also. If your still unsure which to go to, split your vacation in half, spend a few days at one and a few at rhe other (by the way, they're only about 3or 4 miles apart). We are leaving in September for our ?15th or so Desire vacation and will be splitting our time between the two.
Le Couteau Cache'
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 30 Sep 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie's

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl