Second Thoughts About Pearl?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Second Thoughts About Pearl?

Postby John&Jenn » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Hello all! For the past year or so, John and I have been working toward our first trip to Desire. Finally, all major home repairs and responsible "grown up" obligations have been met and we feel free to spend a little money and time on eachother for once. Initially we thought Pearl was our end all-be all option for this vacation, but I have to tell you reading the more recent trip reports, I'm a little concerned about the atmosphere. I LOVE nightlife, and really don't want to be someplace where my only option is bedtime from 2am on . . .We have three children and stealing away for four entire days by ourselves is NOT the time to be conservative! We haven't done more than dabble softly into lifestyle activities, and that was years and years ago ~ but we're not exactly enticed by the crazy madness that RM seemed to offer either. Could someone please help us set the record straight? Will we be "those prudish people" if we go to RM, and/or will I be bored and disappointed if we go to Pearl? Help! We are ready to book, getting our passports on Friday, and cannot wait to make up our minds! Any input would be much appreciated :D
John&Jenn
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: Second Thoughts About Pearl?

Postby Miacpl30 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:27 pm

We are in florida too. Wife could be considered prudish before out first trip to RM before our first trip last summer but she was naked and in pool within 20 minutes of driving in. Our 3rd trip is the ynots trip for labor day. Definitely do RM its more lively.
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 09 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc kasidie

Postby heavyG » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:46 pm

John&Jenn wrote:Hello all! For the past year or so, John and I have been working toward our first trip to Desire. Finally, all major home repairs and responsible "grown up" obligations have been met and we feel free to spend a little money and time on eachother for once. Initially we thought Pearl was our end all-be all option for this vacation, but I have to tell you reading the more recent trip reports, I'm a little concerned about the atmosphere. I LOVE nightlife, and really don't want to be someplace where my only option is bedtime from 2am on . . .We have three children and stealing away for four entire days by ourselves is NOT the time to be conservative! We haven't done more than dabble softly into lifestyle activities, and that was years and years ago ~ but we're not exactly enticed by the crazy madness that RM seemed to offer either. Could someone please help us set the record straight? Will we be "those prudish people" if we go to RM, and/or will I be bored and disappointed if we go to Pearl? Help! We are ready to book, getting our passports on Friday, and cannot wait to make up our minds! Any input would be much appreciated :D

You can over think yourself into hole…

Part of our business is Travel Tourism advertising - we travel all over the world from 5 star to less than no star hotels, resorts, and locations. So far this year we've been to Mexico a half dozen times, Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, North Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, U.S.A… All on someone else's dime, working for clients.

On our dime - we pay the full freight, and the resort has no idea who we are or what we do - we've been to Pearl already once this year in March, and leave tomorrow for our second trip. All told, in the last 12 months we've been to Pearl 3 times. So we enjoy it. We're in the 'Lifestyle', and have had a great time meeting new friends. Yes it's true that the disco clears out early… but the party has always continued on for us elsewhere; either at someones room / suite or in the hot tub area. If you're not lifestyle and want to dance until dawn, you may be disappointed.

As for the negative reviews - who knows why they wrote them. From someone inside the business, here are the top probable reasons:
-They woke up on the wrong side of the bed the morning they flew to Cancun
-Their flight to Cancun put them in a foul mood (missed transfers etc)
-They had a bad week at work before they came
-They had a fight with their spouse over expectations

AND the biggie:
-They don't get to travel all that often, booked the trip a year ago and have built up unrealistic expectations. They could only be disappointed…

I don't want to defend Desire (because there are things that make me upset) but a lot of people are unrealistic in what they expect. Yes it's expensive - but not really in the grand scheme of the world.

If you want a faster party - RM. If you want a little more laid back and some conversation with your sex - Pearl.
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Postby John&Jenn » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:55 pm

heavyG wrote:
If you want a faster party - RM. If you want a little more laid back and some conversation with your sex - Pearl.

Hahaha, thank you for the comparative :lol:
John&Jenn
Desire Fan

Postby alswag » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:39 pm

We have been to both RM and Pearl. We much prefer Pearl. We actually found the nightlife more enterjetic and livelier at Pearl. The hot tub is always full from 11 to 3or later. Open sex is prevelant around the hot tub and play rooms. The pool side loungeres are also being used at night. Anyway, Pearl is our home now. Not interested in climbing many stairs to go to the hot tub such as at RM. Dinning and rooms are much better at Pearl also. Have fun Al
alswag

Postby pelagiccouple » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Already....... to much discussion... re: Desire
1. Beach... wonderful... stay all day with EACH other and relax. Just as any other day in FLorida! (from experience, born and raised)!!
2. Great food.. You are in Mexico
3. Rooms are great, housekeeping excellent
4. Entertainment at NIGHT- Is there if YOU SEEK IT!

Other than that... you are getting Nit Picky. We have kids... We have been to DRM 5 times...
Please do not make the decision harder than it has to be.. If you are seeking a very casual environment.. then visit.. if you are already looking for reasons not to go to Desire-- then please look elsewhere.

If you are that unsure.,,, Desire is for peeps wanting , needing, and desiring .. something other than what the States offer-What you make of your vacation is UP TO YOU BOTH. Not the company around you.. AGAIN.. beach, waves, no clothes, no kids.... What's the problem...
pelagiccouple
Desire Lover

Postby John&Jenn » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:15 pm

[quote="pelagiccouple"]

Other than that... you are getting Nit Picky. We have kids... We have been to DRM 5 times...
Please do not make the decision harder than it has to be.. If you are seeking a very casual environment.. then visit.. if you are already looking for reasons not to go to Desire-- then please look elsewhere.
quote]

Wow, yikes pelagiccouple! I don't think nitpicky is really where our heads are at. After almost 20 years together this will be our very first vacation, we just want to make sure we're going to the Desire location best suited for us. Being newbies, it's hard to ignore the many recent less than pleasant reviews and I thought people on this forum would be able to clear up the muddle, that's all. Desire is all we've talked about since we started saving for this trip, believe me we aren't looking for reasons not to come. If anything, we're already trying to justify reasons to come back again soon - and we won't be arriving until September!
John&Jenn
Desire Fan

Postby werfun » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:16 pm

pelagiccouple wrote:Already....... to much discussion... re: Desire
1. Beach... wonderful... stay all day with EACH other and relax. Just as any other day in FLorida! (from experience, born and raised)!!
2. Great food.. You are in Mexico
3. Rooms are great, housekeeping excellent
4. Entertainment at NIGHT- Is there if YOU SEEK IT!

If you are that unsure.,,, Desire is for peeps wanting , needing, and desiring .. something other than what the States offer-What you make of your vacation is UP TO YOU BOTH. Not the company around you.. AGAIN.. beach, waves, no clothes, no kids.... What's the problem...

We agree with the above post +++1. Your vacation is what you make it can be great or the worse vacation ever. :L
werfun
Desire Legend

We are from: USA

Postby John&Jenn » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:22 pm

That's a really good point ~ wherever we end up, it's going to be magnificent :US
John&Jenn
Desire Fan

Postby pelagiccouple » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:30 pm

You and ONLY you should be making this decision... We have been to DRM and met couples that were at the Resort because
"they were told to go" .. for a number of reasons.. not taking responsibility for making the decision themselves.. after a day or two at the resort they then decided to critique and insult Us and other guests for being at "this kind of resort"
Your previous post.. sounds VERY similar to their mind frame.. I suppose my response should be.. Please do not put your decision to visit such a place on others.. read the reviews... MAYBE visit... for a day, two or three.. and go from there..
pelagiccouple
Desire Lover

Postby John&Jenn » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Oh my gosh, No!!! We went looking for a place specifically like Desire to be able to shed our inhibitions without limitation. Believe me, nobody we know in our real lives has ever suggested a place like this - their loss - but trust me, there is nooooo judgement coming from us two!! We intend to ENJOY all that desire has to offer ;-)) I totally understand where you're coming from though, and would also feel a need to prevent critical naysayers from coming down to rain on my parade! My main concern was actually that Pearl would be too quiet or us. . . It sounds beautiful but a little bit tame in the evening, and that's really where my doubt comes in - but we're new to this, I also didn't want to go to RM and find myself overwhelmed and shy... My plans so do not include "shy"! :bj

I think we'll probably go with Pearl for our first trip, but visit RM one night to check it out for myself... That's possible, right?
John&Jenn
Desire Fan

Postby pelagiccouple » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Of course... Only a cab ride away:-))
pelagiccouple
Desire Lover

Postby Hottublover » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:23 pm

:L We agree with Pelagiccouple. Don't stress over the choice. We are counting down the days until our next trip to RM. We have not been to Pearl, but have had friends who say it is a beautiful resort. Our choice to book RM again is based on the fun we have had there in the past. Each trip has been filled with relaxing days by the pool and lots of laughing & fun in the hot tub. We have developed some strong friendships with people we met in the hot tub. We have loved getting to know the amazing staff who we look forward to seeing again each trip. We love the level of respect people there have for each other no matter what your age is or body type is. Most everyone seems to be there to relax & have fun with no pressure. Have you been to CO resorts before. It really is all about what you desire. Don't worry about the weather. One of the best days we had there was when it was pouring.
Hottublover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 31 Jul 2014

Postby SLINON » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:30 pm

OMG you will be fine here, you don't need many people to make a party happen and people seem to be very open minded and fun at pearl so just go and enjoy yourselves! Too bad you aren't going in November when we'll be there!! Party is going to happen then....even a party of two! We are so excited to be going to Pearl!! :D
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Postby John&Jenn » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:43 pm

SLINON wrote:OMG you will be fine here, you don't need many people to make a party happen and people seem to be very open minded and fun at pearl so just go and enjoy yourselves! Too bad you aren't going in November when we'll be there!! Party is going to happen then....even a party of two! We are so excited to be going to Pearl!! :D

That is definitely too bad, but we already know we'll be back for another round. . .and another and another! [-O< Maybe we'll cross paths one of these days!

Thank you for the reassurance, everyone! I am so looking forward to this. We've been leaning toward Pearl ever since we came upon the Desire chain last year, just because it looks SO beautiful! I'm happy to hear from the Desire-faithful, it makes it easier to dismiss the grumpier reviewers [-X
John&Jenn
Desire Fan

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl