Newbie Pearl travelers

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Newbie Pearl travelers

Postby Bamacouple » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:18 am

We are going to Pearl over the Labor Day weekend and are a bit concerned we will be the prudes of the bunch. We are not exhibitionists or life-stylers. I just like seeing my wife in scantily clade clothing and sheer bikinis. She won't wear them anywhere else (obviously don't want to confine it to the house), so we decided that Pearl might be a good place to make it happen. So if I'm in my swimsuit and she is wearing a sheer bikini, are we going to stand out like sore thumbs? Is there someplace else we should go? We went to Sun Palace last year and the clothes she has didn't fit in there at all. Thanks.
Desirepearlfans on SDC
Bamacouple
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 30 Aug 2013
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Newbie Pearl travelers

Postby CLG » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:53 am

There are many reasons people go to Desire, some the sun, being naked, the erotic feeling, just being with your significant other, dressing up, etc., there is no right or wrong reason. When we go, we are sensitive to the sun, so around the pool we actually wear sun protective clothing and wide brim hats all day, every day. Do we stick out, sure, but it is our vacation, our choice, and we just wait for the sun to go down and start enjoying the reason we travel to Desire, the night.

In the end, while at Desire do what you are comfortable with, go for the reasons that you find interesting, you will have a great time.

CLG
CLG

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2017

Postby misl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Bamacouple wrote:We are going to Pearl over the Labor Day weekend and are a bit concerned we will be the prudes of the bunch. We are not exhibitionists or life-stylers. I just like seeing my wife in scantily clade clothing and sheer bikinis. She won't wear them anywhere else (obviously don't want to confine it to the house), so we decided that Pearl might be a good place to make it happen. So if I'm in my swimsuit and she is wearing a sheer bikini, are we going to stand out like sore thumbs? Is there someplace else we should go? We went to Sun Palace last year and the clothes she has didn't fit in there at all. Thanks.

Don't worry about. Just go knowing you will have a good time doing your own thing. You may find that after a few days your desire (no pun) will be to shed your suit. But the environment is such that you can be comfortable being yourself.
misl
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 07 Jul 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, SDC

Postby C2C » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:52 pm

You will stick out, but no one will shun you. Everyone will make you feel incredibly welcome no matter your state of dress so long as you are open and friendly. Nothing worse than a couple in full swimwear making snide remarks/comments/or sneering at the other guests.

You may just be surprised - and decide to drop the trunks and enjoy the au natural feeling of prancing around in the buff!

We were apprehensive upon arrival - ended up both dropping our bottoms in about 30-minutes and never looked back.
C2C
Desire Convert

Postby KanDy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:03 am

I think Pearl is the perfect place for you and your wife to vacation. We have been to Pearl twice and our third trip is in September. In the Jacuzzi all clothing comes off for us, but around the pool my wife wears shear bikinis. I tend to wear a men's shear bikini usually matching whatever my wife is wearing. Most other couples found it amusing. There were a couple of guys that wore regular bathing trunks and I don't think anyone paid it much mind. Not that really of a big deal. Just go and do whatever feels right.
KanDy
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 06 May 2014

Postby David Donna » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:17 pm

One would, or should, get the idea from these posts that Pearl is a fantastic place to dress according to your comfort level. How true that is.
For those of us who hate wearing clothes, we don't mind if others are wearing swimming attire, just don't be shocked when you get to Pearl and find nude people.
We are paying more so we can wear less.
David Donna
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 25 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: cafe desire

Postby Bamacouple » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Thanks for the input. I "think" I will bare it all and go sans suit, but I agree with the sentiment that the people there will not judge. I certainly won't be judging those that chose to go nude. Thanks again.
Desirepearlfans on SDC
Bamacouple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 30 Aug 2013
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby westcpl » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:56 am

My wife and I have been to Temptations LC twice, and she only went topless briefly the second trip. I knew when I suggested Desire Pearl that she might go a little bit more topless, but not fully nude, and I was ok with that. The first day she went to the pool with a two piece suit on, and was topless in about 10 mins. She looked around and saw she was the only one with bottoms on, and stripped those off another 10 mins later. She went fully nude the rest of the time. We even walked from our room to the hottub nude one time.
You just never know....
Good luck.
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 12 Aug 2019

Postby lotsoffun » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Your description sounds like us prior to our first trip to pearl - we are headed back for our 3rd trip in a year and half in December! I (the girl) was more comfortable with being nude but still unsure what to expect and hubby was pretty certain he wouldnt go nude - once we there, we just felt so relaxed we both ended up nude. We aren't in the lifestyle, but we are very open minded free-thinkers and what keeps us coming back to Pearl every 6 months is knowing that we can choose to do whatever we like and no one is judging us. It's also something very beautiful about seeing other couples doing whatever they like and not being judged - its just the best feeling ever really :) And also pretty erotic!

Just go with an open mind and do what you are comfortable doing!
lotsoffun
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Dec 2013

Postby tommer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:00 am

I totally concur with lotsoffun. We are headed back to Pearl June 10-17, 2014 and we too are not formal lifestylers, though we are quite open minded and just like to have fun and enjoy ourselves. Pearl is the best (our third trip) and we hope that many will join us next summer!! :)
tommer
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl