OV Room VS Junior Suite

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

OV Room VS Junior Suite

Postby SLINON » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:01 am

For those of you that have been to Pearl, is there any benefit to upgrading to the Junior Suite? The one difference I see would be the location of the room...I can see that the two rooms out in front of each building on the walk out level appear to be Junior Suites. If this is correct then it would be very nice to be that close to the pool deck....It also looks like there is a lounger that fits two on the patio. We are hoping to get into Villa 31 - 43...
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Re: OV Room VS Junior Suite

Postby heavyG » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:30 am

We've been in Jr, suites 34 & 46 both ground floor walk outs to the pool. 34 is right at the pinch in the pool and closest to the 'noisy' end (not a problem at all since you're awake and outside during the noisy part of the day) and 46 is in a building one over towards the quiet end of the pool. Both are great rooms.

We've never stayed in an OV room, they don't seem to be any smaller or less equipped, just seems to be placement in the buildings or father 'back on the property?

For us (and this may be completely superficial - no it is completely superficial) we like the Jr, Suites because we can get the ground floor walk out and don't need the extra room of the master suite.
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Postby SLINON » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:39 am

sounds like it would be difficult to get those jr. suites because they would be so popular because of location. I guess all we can do is put a request in for rooms 33/34 or 46/47.

Question, if you are sitting on you Patio in room 34, is it packed right in front of you with people on loungers or is it set back enough IF you want a little privacy? Also, do you get the sun on your patio or in your room at all?
SLINON
Desire Superstar

Postby heavyG » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:52 am

34 is pretty close to the pool, and we noticed on our last trip (2 weeks ago) that they had set-up both a ping pong table and a henna tattoo booth between the patio and the pool… so it looked a bit crowded. 46 is set back farther from the pool and bit more 'private' but still great sight lines if you want to watch and be watched.

Tons of morning sunlight dappled through palm trees in both rooms.

As for difficult to get? Not sure if that's true, we request the rooms and have always ended up with one of them, and some people have expressed that they wouldn't want a ground floor room. Either fear of being broken into (not an issue for us) or they want a higher room so they can look out and see a larger overview of the resort. One couple we were with on our last trip wanted a higher room overlooking the hot tub so they could put on a show…
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Postby couple469 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:17 pm

we gathered from the above discussion all the ground floor rooms are junior suite... ...and the ocean view rooms will all be on the second floors of the buildings?
what buildings(room numbers )be on the quiet end of the pool ?
couple469
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Sep 2014

Postby CokeMann » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:59 pm

couple469 wrote:we gathered from the above discussion all the ground floor rooms are junior suite... ...and the ocean view rooms will all be on the second floors of the buildings?
what buildings(room numbers )be on the quiet end of the pool ?

No not correct, the room categories are all mixed(no regular pattern as to where they are located) and are also different in each building. The only regularity is that the Penthouses Suites are on top of of each building.

I published a resort map and also a breakdown of which room numbers are in which category just after Pearl opened in the Pearl FAQs - look about half way down the page
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby GrandRapidscpl » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:28 am

We had an ov room on the first floor on the quiet side which was great walk rightin and out whenever we needed something. Ov rooms were great anything else to us would be unnecessary.
GrandRapidscpl
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 22 Jun 2013

Postby NCVETTE » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:34 am

Take a look at my reply under "room with a view".
NCVETTE
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 07 Jul 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby lotsoffun » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:27 pm

Our first time their we paid for upgrade to a suite and we found we really weren't in the room much and when we were the extra space wasn't really worth the extra cost for us. You get a living room area, but the rest is pretty much the same. We have been getting the standard OV room each time since then.
lotsoffun
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Dec 2013

Postby SLINON » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:06 pm

NCVETTE...it looks really beautiful, I like the set up and the views! Oh my gosh!!....just stunning! Wow....'

BUT, DH likes to walk out from the room for convenience sake, he doesn't like to see me struggle in my heels at the end of a great night after a few cocktails!! lol! OR...he could offer to carry me up the stairs ...right? I'm on the small side and he is a big brute so maybe a good suggestion on my part so I can enjoy an upper view!
SLINON
Desire Superstar

Postby NCVETTE » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:04 am

SLINON wrote:NCVETTE...it looks really beautiful, I like the set up and the views! Oh my gosh!!....just stunning! Wow....'

BUT, DH likes to walk out from the room for convenience sake, he doesn't like to see me struggle in my heels at the end of a great night after a few cocktails!! lol! OR...he could offer to carry me up the stairs ...right? I'm on the small side and he is a big brute so maybe a good suggestion on my part so I can enjoy an upper view!

The stairs are not bad all! Very wide and not very steep. Wife and I made it the whole week with no falls. Very quite, and the sun rise from the bed is incredible. We will try for this room every trip.
NCVETTE
Desire Addict

Postby David Donna » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:51 am

Like HeavyG, we are in 46, Junior suite, ground floor facing the quiet end of the pool. We requested JS 82 which we had in May but it is under repair for a water leak. We actually like 46 better. Trying to figure out how to add a photo .......
David Donna
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 25 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: cafe desire

Postby SLINON » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:45 am

I would love to see a photo of the view from that room! We are trying to figure out which room to request when we send in an email to the front desk next month...That room location sounds amazing.
SLINON
Desire Superstar

Postby NCVETTE » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Another good point about room 86, the Wi-Fi is iffy around the resort, but since we were right next to the penthouse we got a great signal. I heard the penthouse has its own router and we could feed off of it! Room 86 may be on the 3rd floor, but the way the slope of the land goes, you enter the stairs almost at the second floor.
NCVETTE
Desire Addict

Postby SLINON » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:13 pm

All the rooms sound great...I only wish I had booked the JR suite...I booked an OV at first thinking that they were the room at the front of the buildings then realized that was JR. Suite Category only. November is completely booked so we may just have to enjoy our OV room only. I'm sure it will be great either way...
SLINON
Desire Superstar

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl