Room Service Etiquette

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Room Service Etiquette

Postby LandR » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:40 pm

My pretty wife and I plan our first trip to Pearl this November.

She likes to show off for me. For example, at a regular hotel she might order room service and answer the door in sexy lingerie then carry on a conversation with the happily surprised delivery man while I observe from another room.

So... how far can we take it at Pearl? Would it be gauche to answer the door at Pearl fully nude, for example? I realize the staff are just doing their jobs and not taking part in the adventure, but they are used to seeing naked people, right?

So, any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
LandR

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Aug 2013

Re: Room Service Etiquette

Postby couple469 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:48 pm

To each to their own...she can do what she wants do ....that is the whole idea ...isn't that why you guys booked?
couple469
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Sep 2014

Postby mande » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:37 am

Hmm I'd have your pretty wife put a towel on to answer room service, remember a lot of the staff have spouses and families and as a culture are overall somewhat conservative. For example the entertainment staff are more used to seeing the naked bodies so no big deal there - the food service people, not 100% sure. Tons of opportunities to enjoy the wife receiving attention and that's a great thing, not sure room service is one of them in my humble opinion.
mande
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jan 2016

Postby Johnny60 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:19 am

Sounds like a nice idea..

I would suggest the Desire staff see so much flesh that the scenario might not be entirely new to them and have the impact you are seeking... Doing that where nudity is not expected has a real wow factor but at Desire, people are naked everywhere... However, don't let that stop you.. Desire is the place to explore and indulge in your fantasies...
Last edited by Johnny60 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny60

Postby heavyG » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:20 am

After being there a few times, I know that you won't get the level of "happily surprised delivery man" that you seek and makes this a thrill for you and your wife. Have to say that room service here has seen it all- every night 365 of the year.
We were having a little party in one of the penthouse suites with 8 other couples, bodies everywhere doing everything, when our late night room service delivery arrived. 3 or 4 delivery guys no reaction, none. Kind of like the bartenders at the hot tub.

I say go ahead and do it, if it's your thing, but it's something that would play better in Seattle or any vanilla type hotel.
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Postby bert » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:40 pm

We decided not to wear ANY clothes for 48 hours, so ordered room service for dinner that night and had them deliver one of everything. It required two food delivery people - one male and one female - and we were both fully nude as they set the trays up around the room. Didn't seem to faze them. The food was great! (And we succeeded!)
bert
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 04 Nov 2014

Postby LandR » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:15 pm

bert wrote:We decided not to wear ANY clothes for 48 hours, so ordered room service for dinner that night and had them deliver one of everything. [...] (And we succeeded!)

So you seriously went 48 hours with no clothes? We haven't been to Pearl yet but are looking forward to it. Does this mean you hung around your room for 48 hours and kept ordering room service?

Or, is it feasible to walk around the resort nude, get to the pool, hot tub, beach etc? Go to the theme nights and walk there and back nude?

If so, we might want to match your record!
LandR

Postby LandR » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Thanks everyone for the well-thought-out and helpful replies.

Yeah, there's definitely something sexy about the "surprise" factor -- wife opening the door in see-through lingerie and a fancy big-city hotel.

Also, we really have no desire to offend Pearl staff or make them uncomfortable.

But.... if they're used to it... and also, it seems to me that there's a lot of resorts. If nudity is really that offensive maybe consider other options?

Anyway, if they're used to it we might try it. I guess we'll play it by ear.

Thanks again!
LandR

Postby bert » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:30 pm

LandR wrote:
bert wrote:We decided not to wear ANY clothes for 48 hours, so ordered room service for dinner that night and had them deliver one of everything. [...] (And we succeeded!)

So you seriously went 48 hours with no clothes? We haven't been to Pearl yet but are looking forward to it. Does this mean you hung around your room for 48 hours and kept ordering room service?

Or, is it feasible to walk around the resort nude, get to the pool, hot tub, beach etc? Go to the theme nights and walk there and back nude?

If so, we might want to match your record!

Seriously. Yes, you can be nude anywhere except the lobby or the restaurants. The Aphrodite restaurant requires a "cover up" for lunch and breakfast but it is loosely enforced (we had room service for breakfast) and they always have a grill going outside where there is no clothing requirement, and eating on the beach is always twice as good as at a table! We slept in our room and that was about it! We spent the days at the beach, pool and hot tub, walked to/from our room, met great people, had fun, all in the nude. A great feeling of freedom! We did not do the theme nights (clothing required in transit as the disco is off the lobby) but we found the hot tub much more entertaining anyway!
bert
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 04 Nov 2014

Postby LandR » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:05 pm

bert wrote:Seriously. Yes, you can be nude anywhere except the lobby or the restaurants. The Aphrodite restaurant requires a "cover up" for lunch and breakfast but it is loosely enforced (we had room service for breakfast) and they always have a grill going outside where there is no clothing requirement, and eating on the beach is always twice as good as at a table! We slept in our room and that was about it! We spent the days at the beach, pool and hot tub, walked to/from our room, met great people, had fun, all in the nude. A great feeling of freedom! We did not do the theme nights (clothing required in transit as the disco is off the lobby) but we found the hot tub much more entertaining anyway!

Counting the days... :L :L :L
LandR

Postby westcpl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:47 pm

LandR wrote:Or, is it feasible to walk around the resort nude, get to the pool, hot tub, beach etc? Go to the theme nights and walk there and back nude?

One of my favorite things was to go for a walk before bed in the nude. I'd walk around the resort, down by the pool, up to the hottub, to the deck above, and back to the room. It would last about 5 or more minutes, and yes, all of it in the nude. There is something wonderful about being able to walk around, day or night, in the nude, and no one, YES no one, bats an eyelash. My wife got used to my nightly walks after a few nights, and pretty soon, I would walk for while, and then stand outside our room, and just watch my beautiful wife get ready for bed. Curtains wide open, and no one cared. Why would they, she was nude all day, and she would be the next day.
You will love it. Start planning your next trip before you even go. Trust me/us!!
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict